The Lonely Thread

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by SassyMelassy, Sep 17, 2012.

1. If you have to work to have a good conversation with a girl then she isn't the one for you. Relationships only work if you have good communication.

Damn bro, same one?

That's what I keep telling myself. Thing is, that could mean a person ends up waiting a looooooooong time...

3. Maybe you just need to find a way to meet girls that have similar interests as you. Turn what you do for fun into a way to meet girls.

True.

Guess one persons weirdness is anothers like

5. Yep, same gorgeous girl. Now she is talking about coming over and fucking my brain's out tomorrow... wondering how that's gonna play out

6. I have and have had this kind of communication before, but honestly I feel like we don't even share very many common interests, it's just that we're both so alike that we can talk about anything and still find it interesting in some way.

7. I'm really good with advice plus I'm a girl, so I have that perspective. You have to give me some more info to work with though. Where exactly do you think you are going wrong? Give me some examples.

OK here's an example. I might see a girl glance at me a few times at the gym. So I go and try to make conversation with her.

I just have problems thinking of things to talk about to sustain the conversation.

Also I am always worried about "looking thirsty" if you know what I mean.

8. OK here's an example. I might see a girl glance at me a few times at the gym. So I go and try to make conversation with her.

I just have problems thinking of things to talk about to sustain the conversation.

Also I am always worried about "looking thirsty" if know what I mean.

9. You are not an idiot luv... you just give people the benefit of the doubt. I used to be the same and it really affected me when I was let down. I've only recently began to not have expectations because once we do that the we have allowed for the possibility to be disappointed. I was a pushover because I'm the kind of person who loves to spoil others never expecting iin return. I find joy in making others happy. But you must reach a point where you are the most important person in your life. What you are looking for will come to you when it's the furthest thing from your mind and in the most unlikely of places. Dont let things that are in the past bring u down. Why stress over something that has already happened and is unchangeable have so much power over your state of being. Dont lose faith and find happiness in the many blessings you already have. :)

10. #47490 -Saya-, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
    Don't worry about looking thirsty. Go over tell her you noticed her, give her a complement and ask her if she'd like to meet for coffee sometime.

Edit: the gym is probably not the best place for a long convo since you are actually trying to work out. Also unless that is the only thing you like to do..probably not the best place to find someone with similar interests.

Coffee/drinks is almost always the best route to go. They can meet you there so it's not threatening and it gives you a chance to talk and find out about each other. If it goes well you can ask her for a date. If not ..you both only had to sit through one cup. Either way be sure to thank her for coming afterwards. Even if you don't mesh she could be a potential friend....who has other female friends.

11. #47491 Papageorgio, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
    *sigh*

Sassy get's quoted and i'm all like "Sassy was here?! When?! I missed her?! Oh....... 2012...nvm."    *lonely*

12. Woops just got drunk and let the ex start sexting me, guess that's that as far as not letting anything happen when we hang out. But hey I'm getting something out of it so no complaints lol

13. Anybody here actually appreciates some loneliness? Not saying anyone is wrong for not wanting this feeling or that i don't ever feel i shouldn't feel lonely. Im just saying I'm an extremely introverted person & i sometimes feel grateful that i could be lonely rather than being bummed out about it. If it makes any sense i feel like sometimes i may rather deal with some loneliness opposed to plenty of company from another individual.

Open your mind

14. Yeah its the constant debate. Being alone versus being lonely. They are not the same thing. I never used to want to hang out with my friends very often at all, I would just end up bored. But I'd still want to hang out every so often just to change things up and stay in touch and so on

15. Exactly. I tend to mix the two up sorry if that post seemed a little confusing.However, i noticed i could get unnecessarily irritable when i'm around my friends too long. Its like i love my alone time but i still love hanging out with friends.

16. I'm either about to not be alone for a good hour and be in complete heaven...or I'm gonna get jumped and possibly robbed lol we'll see...

17. Wow...that girl really does like me.

:unsure: Why the fuck do I still feel like she will never call me again...

But she said that she wanted to just see each other and to warn her if I see anyone else..but we aren't boyfriend girlfriend ..that's for sure

But it was mostly heaven, being with her. She was unbelievably hot and kept using the word "love" as we made..well, as we made love..I suppose. She kept saying i was hers and i could do anything to her. She held me tighter than ive ever been held before. Absolutely amazingly beautiful and sexy girl.
    I wanted to please her so bad, I hope I really did and I hope she calls me more often now.

18. Long read, heads up

I guess I find this thread fitting, my posts may come off as a sarcastic ass at times but its not the real me. I havent had a steady relationship in over 2 years, its not to say I havent been getting laid but just having someone that actually likes you and cares about you is the part I miss.

I recently moved out of my parents house ( im 20) and in with a freind, and I have a social life and hang with freinds but I feel as if no one knows the real me, the guy who drinks himself to sleep every night to deal with his problems, the guy who wishes who he was in his head was the person others see but social anxiety holds me back.

I just hate lying to people when they ask how ive been doing, alright is my go to response but in reality I cant remember the last time I was happy.

I go through life hopeing one day it will be better but I cant see the light at the end of the tunnel. The only person I have a close enough relationship with is my sister and she has disease that effects her severely, and I guess thats really the only drive I have in life is to be there for her.

Just something thats on my mind day in and day out I wanted to get off my chest, I appreciate the read

19. This.

I feel you, man. If i put in the effort, i can get laid with little issue, but it just seems like no matter how much or how little effort you put into trying to find a lasting, meaningful relationship, it's just not gonna happen.

Just take it day by day, one step at a time, man. There will be days when that pain and need for that connection are raw and constant, but on the flipside, given enough time, you'll have plenty of days where it's hardly noticeable at all and you just beast through like a boss.

Live for those positive moments.

20. Some days I wonder if it would really matter to anyone if I were no longer around. (not in danger of suicide...just something I wonder about) I just feel invisible.