Christian Lounge

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by AresKenux, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Have you ever looked it up, the definition of free-will is much broader than your basic understanding of the concept my friend. I'm not talking about personal opinions here.

2. free will
    noun
    free and independent choice; voluntary decision: You took on the responsibility of your own free will.

3. Don't trying to be rude but are you serious?

I usually wouldn't recommend such a thing but type free-will in wikipedia and see which results you get, keep in mind this barely touches the surface.

4. #44 p42082, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012
    Everybody has the free-will to do what they like. You may find yourself in a situation where you have a number of choices, which one you make (out of free-will) determines who you are as a person or teaches you a lesson in life. You have the free-will to insult me and i have the free-will to think youre a dick because you cant address me with respect. Bottom line is, the direction you go with your free-will is part of what makes you the person you are.

Hope you get what im trying to say. :)

5. Yes, voluntary decision is my point. If free-will is a troublesome word for you, replace it with "voluntary decision".

6. But what happens when "voluntary decision" is troublesome also? What ground do you have to say we are able of such a thing?

7. My personal experience tells me that I can make voluntary decisions.

8. I get what you are trying to say. But I frankly disagree with it :)
    Our decisions are not the product of our free-will. Our decisions are based on our perception of things by our senses and put in perspective through our frame of references. We are basically a product of our environment.

9. Our environment can influence us but I wouldnt say it ultimately determines what decisions we make. I guess we dont agree and thats fine, doesnt matter to me.

10. You guys are whacked, refer to the OP please.

11. Everyone chill out. It doesn't matter what the definition of free will is, its all opinion. Doesn't matter if your a professor with a PHD, it still comes down to opinion.

Looks like atheist need to stay out because I can see the beginnings of a flame war.

12. I'd say we have free-will because determinism looks impossible :p

13. Why does God hide stuff from us?

Isn't it our right to know, why bother telling us the 'truth' when he's hiding things from us? Like the true fate of the fallen angels?

I believe in God, but I'm getting a little upset, about the ignorant state he puts us in.

14. I'de say that there are certain things that we are not prepared to know yet.

15. Nonsense. Like what??

16. [quote name='"AresKenux"']Why does God hide stuff from us?

Isn't it our right to know, why bother telling us the 'truth' when he's hiding things from us? Like the true fate of the fallen angels?

I believe in God, but I'm getting a little upset, about the ignorant state he puts us in.[/quote]

Why can't we find out ourselves

17. One thing is when Christ will return.

18. God doesn't give us too much information because He wants us to trust Him. Everything we need to know we know or are capable of finding out in His Word. The rest we accept on faith.

19. God won't give us more than we can take. There is always a way out. If we fall or make mistakes we have no one to blame but ourselves. It is our own weakness and failure to rely/ call upon God that got us there.

I say this with certainty, but this is a very difficult area for me in my own personal spiritual journey. I often get frustrated at God and blame Him if things don't go my way.

20. I think in my opinion the greatest mystery of God is the fact that since He KNOWS everything there is to know in the existence of ANYTHING EVER, why he would make us, because He probably has an agenda, or what He wants to do, but of course, we could never comprehend His being fully as a human being.