Alternative Currency will lead the future

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ProvidencePlant, Sep 14, 2012.

1. #1 ProvidencePlant, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2013
    Get ready for BitInstant's Bitcoin debit card - Aug. 22, 2012

For Spain's Jobless, Time Is Money - WSJ.com

Spain's Unemployed create their own currency called the Eco.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIYK3x6iX2Q]Summit County Mountain Hours with Wayne Walton & Joby Weeks - YouTube[/ame]

Mountain Hours in Summit County, Colorado.

2. Great. Now currency isnt even able to be held.

So when they shut down servers world wide, there goes my $50,000 in bitcoins.

3. I agree with that. Silver/Gold for me.

4. The Monetary Future: Why Are Libertarians Against Bitcoin?

5. I really like Bit Coins personally. I wonder how this debit card will work out. It could really work out well. Would be great because you should be able to use your debit card globally too, right?

6. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YY7ocM2DWQ]Honeycombs serve as alternate currency for The Fertile Underground - YouTube[/ame]

I know this guy :D

7. European Central Bank Report On Bitcoin: It's Likely To Grow And It Poses Risks

8. Single Global currency, single global government. 1984. ?. We're almost there.

9. We need a single.global.currency that is based on intrinsic value like gold. It would solve many problems

10. Mother of God - YouTube

That was deep.

11. #11 Broses, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2012
    i will never buy into bitcoins.

partially because i have no need for having crack, and heroin shipped to me from the silk road, and also partially because i dont really care for technology.

Don't even mention other drugs here = WW

12. Cool story, bro?

13. How does one buy weed with Bitcoins?

14. [quote name='"ImurderBlunts"']How does one buy weed with Bitcoins?[/quote]

Silkroad

15. While I think it is a great idea for this to rise and threaten the established centralized banking, I still prefer hard currency in hand.

16. silk road. You can get almost any mind altering substance for bitcoins from there.

I like the idea of bitcoins but my programming buddy says a person with the right knowledge can easily hack and create their own bitcoins on debit cards. I don't know if that is true as I don't know much about that kind of tech stuff.

17. Anyone actually use BitCoins? What do you think?

18. Yeah I tried to take my brand new Bitcoin card to my dude with the exotic, he and I actually ended up arguing and he told me to "Not come back around unless I have that green US money, bitch!"

FML

19. No it's not that easy.