Texas Legalization?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by roorfan05, Sep 10, 2012.

1. do yourself a favor and dont post stuff like that again.

2. Sending some emails as we speak. :)

3. The Texas NORML website has some really cool information, they send invites to their events and whatnot, I'm sure this has been mentioned.. but get involved! there's a link in my signature to the website. :wave:

And by the way, I'm in the Austin area.

4. looks like texas norml is trying to get 3 different bills in 2015, that will go into effect in 2017, seems way too fucking long and I sort of dont care cuz I should hopefully be the fuck out of this shithole before then, but figure I post this

info on how they plan to get them passed

http://texasnorml.org/lobby/

5. I agree. Florida being 2nd to last.

6. Hope is not lost!

"We are currently planning for the upcoming 2014 Election Cycle and and 2015 Legislative Session. 
    Texas does not have ballot initiative and passed a law back in the mid 1990's that Drug Laws must be changed on the State Level. 

So in 2015 we plan to have 3 bills - decrim, medical and legalization (in the last decade we have had 2 - a dercim and a medical). 

For more information on how we plan to get these passed please check out this site ~ http://texasnorml.org/lobby/

Your donations will make our dream a reality. None of us are free if one of us is chained!"

7. #348 Grimm420, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2013
    last decade? try this year, 594 was kind of dumb cuz it gave judges the call to not send you to jail if you had a doctor's note essentially but we wouldnt get dispensaries, dont think it even passed the committee. 184 was fine before they fucked with it so only first time offenders under 21 get some protection, so useless to most people, not that it will pass the floor anyway.

but 4 years is a long while away, austin might get medical/legal, but the rest of the state will take forever and I dont see it happening by 2017

8. It sucks knowing that in our state's huge population, we have more than enough smokers who could sway the laws. But everyone keeps to themselves about weed around here and don't really do much

9. thats cuz everyone has the fear of going to jail even just being open about it.

10. Or losing our jobs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

11. Well both hb184 and hb594 did not pass, so we have our next session in 2015 to vote towards medical/recreational/whatever marijuana!

184 was sent to calendars, it still needs to hit the floor, not that I give a shit cuz its poopy. 594 I guess was left pending in the committee, once again doesnt matter cuz its kind of poopy as well.

13. Oh ok, i think i got something mixed up in my research, but either way those two bills alone won't help the majority of texas smokers anyway

184 protects a very small percentage of people, 594 doesnt protect anyone really. its gives judges/cops the "option" to not put you in jail, which I think we kind of already have but the cops dont give a shit. at most I think 594 might protect doctors but all they could do is say you might benefit from using this, not like they're selling it to patients or whatever.

15. Oklahoma hasn't yet. It's been suggested and we don't know yet. It's been in the ok news for the last 3 weeks.

16. Although the outlook is bright, there's a long way to for the great State of Texas. MMJ should be at the forefront of legislative efforts now, there's actually a bill in the Texas House IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. I'm for decriminalization....not legalization in Texas

:)

18. hmmm my thought on texas? shyt i just paid them 4500 in fines for getting busted with a lb and sum snacks on the way back from cali. and the lawyer was 3750. felony possesion but bumped down because i paid a higher fine amount. smh texas wont legelize soon because they make alot of money the way it is. the cops laughed and told me to bring atleast 50 pounds next time.

19. Texas will be one of the last states or the very last state if we don't get out to rallies one if which is May 2 in Austin.....Our governor, legislators, and law enforcement will claim Mexican drug dealers will pour across our border when the cartel already runs the drug biz in Tejas