Long board skateboarding (official thread)

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by ~Blu, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Hopefully the skateboarding thread can be free from "HEY GUISE HAZ ANY1 TRIDE LONGBOARD B4?" now.

2. Wisconsin longboarder here. About as close to surfer lifestyle i can get with no ocean around. Smoke weed and go for a few hours. Good stuff

3. Theirs already two of these I think

4. I longboard by the ocean daily and its exhilarating as fuck

5. I can ride decent but lack finesse, do not do it too much due to lack of coordination.

6. I skate daily on my cruiser around the college campus. Unfortunately its madddd flat out here. There are seriously only 2 moderate short hills with skating distance. Biggest stair you'll find is a 4 set. Tons of kids here longboard but unfortunately most are pretty uncoordinated and just use them pushing mongo to class. At least there are a few kids here who rip. Im only 45 mins from the beach and I've wanted to surf my whole life. Im planning on moving out to the coast after school.

Anyone like surfing or snowboarding over skating? I couldn't stand being locked into a snowboard

7. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhHsRpyJfTc&feature=plcp]Maryhill Raw Run - YouTube[/ame]

[​IMG]
    (im in front)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)

8. #9 Bob Barker, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2015
    Whats a good stable beginner long board? I'm looking to skate behind my dog. Might progress into more but I'm a older fellow with stiff joints [​IMG] I also miss surfing....never been much of a skater.

Edit: Or dimensions for a large stable board. I see deals to be had on CL.