"Flushing" your plants before harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Sizlunt, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Sizlunt, there are basically two different types of organic teas: an "ACT", or Aerated Compost Tea, which is used to breed massive amounts of bacteria/soil life/microbes in a tea solution. This is done by heavily aerating a tea solution which contains either compost or castings, which contain existing amounts of bacteria, and a food source for the bacteri, which could be molasses, fish, alfalf, etc. When the dissolved oxygen levels reach a certain point, "perfect conditions" are met and the bacteria breed like crazy.

More can be learned at microbeorganics.com

The second variety of organic tea is more of a nutrition tea, or a "botanical" tea. These often contain an assortment of organics, which could be kelp meal, alfalfa meal, comfrey, yarrow, dandelions - etc. these plants are called "Dynamic Accumulators", which often have long deep tap roots that mine a wide variety of elements from the earth. To see examples of what plants mine which elements, take a look here -
    Dynamic accumulator list

And a general look at accumulators here - Dynamic accumulator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hth. It almost looks like you're trying to combine the two - might be worth reading up on.

J

2. Def will check it out. I have done little research on teas so far. The recipe I posted was what GN was using this year, and his results are convincing so far. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction.

3. It's all about denial and error;)

4. Laughable! Are you pimpin' for Advanced Nute's? Please refer to post #4, "dummy".

5. Years ago when I was doing the DWC thing, it was compulsory to flush that chemical taste away, just before harvest, but with maturity and experience and a fellow into organics, I'm just to lazy, and prefer the earthy taste ....lol

6. #26 pointswest, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013