Some of my plants are shriveling up outdoors? Whats the problem?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by 1booty, Aug 21, 2006.

1. This is my first time growing outdoors and i have some ICE plants growing. Two of my plants just shriveled up and died. I have no idea what the problem is, but im almost sure it isnt under watering. I had like 6 plants in the ground growing for about 1-2 weeks and 2 of them just one day shriveled and died. Do the plants just die sometimes or is something definately wrong. Thanks for the help......

2. There are 2 reasons why your plants shriveled like that?

1.Their pots or containers were too small-which causes root bound.

2.You started the plants indoors as babies and moved them outdoors-which means the plants did not develop a tolerance to UV rays.

Both of these problems happened to my friends plants and they shriveled up and died.

Write a reply if you think one of these could of been a problem and I can help you out a little more.
    <HR style="COLOR: #ecfcb2" SIZE=1>

3. well if you have them still outside and there only 1 or 2 weeks old and ur in the usa than it could have something with the days getting shorter

4. Im pretty sure the plants had enough room to grow. They are in large pots and the plants werent that big yet. The were probably about 2-3 inches tall. Or about 6.5 cm. They have been outside the whole time also, so is there anything else you could add. Thanks for the help. Also i do live in the eastern usa, so is this a problem with light cycles? Thanks.

5. Your right, maybe it was over watered. But the plant might not be so big because moast indicas should be flowering already where they are harvest in October/November. You could still get potent herb though. Peace and good luck.:smoking:

6. When they are that small any number of things can kill them. I had planted about 12 seedlings next to each other, these werent all the same strain, but at this age i hardly think it matters.

Anyway, some just werent as strong as others. Dieing right next to other plants that were thriving. Some it was insects others couldnt handle getting dirt on their leaves, some died of things that i couldnt diagnose just noticed them dead.

Out of the 12-15 seedlings, only 5 grew robustly. And out of these 5 i pulled two that started to fall behind. I am a newb too, but i really think this is whats going on. Natural selection in action.

7. I had a couple plants that were outdoors just shrivel up and die and I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. One day I was looking out my window just at the right time and found out my problem. My cat was using the pot as a litter box! The urin was burning the crap out of them. I moved them to a safer location and the problem dissapeared. Usually younger cats like pots to piss in. lol! Older cats are usually too large and prefer the ground. My cat also likes to dig up my plants and eat the odd one. Did I mention I hate cats?

The question is, do you have any cats?

TGT