Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lemon juice and cannabis. And vinegar?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Non, Sep 8, 2012.

1. So I read on some threads here that is cannabis buds are soaked in lemon juice, and added to water, it can get you stoned. This is very interesting to me.

Does it also work if soaked in vinegar like Apple Cider Vinegar?

I heard its the citric acid in lemon juice that isomerizes the THC. Would acetic acid do the same?

2. I also wonder if there's a difference in that lemon juice is also known to be an enzyme inhibitor. Inhibits the liver enzymes. So does grapefruit. Doctors would tell you to stay away from grapefruit juice while taking drugs because the chemical would stay in the bloodstream for too long without being metabolized by the liver enzymes.

I wonder if this is also part of the reason why it may get you high? And if unpasteurized vinegar would do the same thing.

3. damn if this is true, you could also make a killer lemon/oil or vinegar/oil salad dressing.

4. Acetic acid is used in acetylation of THC.

So vinegar is probably not considered pure acetic acid but wouldn't it also have limited ability still to dissolve THC from the plant matter?

5. Acapulco Guacomole
    3 ripe avocados
    1/2 cup chopped onions
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
    1/2 cup finely chopped cannabis

Mix the vinegar, cannabis, and chili powder together and let the mixture stand for one hour. Then add the avocados and onions and mash it all together (or blend in food processor.) It can be served as a dip with taco chips and vegetables such as sliced carrots, celery stalks, etc.

6. ^^That cannabis better be decarboxylated.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Op was the only one responding to his thread ...... And you don't make spicy guacamole with chilli powder haha lol

You use diced up chillis , the lil green one that look like mini jalapeños

8. Will it work or not ?

9. Goddamn, 5 posts in a row...

You must talk to yourself alot op :p

10. you must have been stoned when you made this thread

11. No, THC is heat activated.

12. Heat speeds up THC activation. Though there are other ways to activate it.

13. hey guys. I just want to update this post.
    the Apple Cider Vinegar did work for me.

It would work better if decarboxylated I think but it did work for me.

I'll try some with lemon juice now. And I'll also dehydrate the herb at 95 degrees F so as to preserve some of the terpenoids.

14. Vinegar did work for me.

15. I just took cannabis, and soaked it in vinegar for about an hr. Probably longer would have made it more potent, but I'm not sure. I saw one recipe call for letting it soak in vinegar for 2 weeks.

Then I took the vinegar in shots and ate the cannabis. Was crazy but next time I think i'll just take the vinegar shots and then mix the cannabis with some salt and sesame oil or something. Or put it in a seaweed salad. Or just a salad.

So, the lemon juice.. has some kind of effect. I don't know if it's a full blown effect though yet. It's been about 15 minutes since I took it.

BTW, I read on wiki that CBD cyclizes to THC in acidic conditions. This may be a reason why also that it has an effect. The CBD in the vinegar or lemon juice turns into THC.

• Like Like x 2

16. Or you could smoke it, just saying.

17. Smokings easier and alot more fun than taking vinegar shots lol thats fucking gross why wouldnt u just make a single serving of oil or some shit? Why do u have to use lemon juice and vinegar?

18. This is one of the few things I can say tastes like shit having never tried it.

19. well you can make recipes. I only wanted to try it straight like that because I didn't want to dilute it.. thining it may alter the effects.

I think the vinegar worked better though.

20. There has actually been work done of decarboxylation using acids - citric acid in particular.

In terms of practical instructions, I've found the following:
    Citric Acid Extraction on Cannapedia Citric Acid Extraction | Cannapedia

This no-heat process involves grinding up dried flower with citric acid and some vinegar or alcohol until it forms a paste and then letting the paste sit/storing it in a glass jar. I haven't tried this yet, but according to the instructions, you can then just add this paste (which ends up pretty potent) in small amounts to drinks and food items.

Again, I haven't tried this and I'm not a chemist, but like the idea as it offers a method of making an apparently potent edible concentrate that can be added to all sorts of things without needing an oven and without producing a smell. I also imagine that the THCA will continue to break down the longer it stays in the paste.

The first place I came across a mention of decarboxylation with acids, in this case, fruit acids was in this YouTube video from natural foods guru, John Kohler:

He talks about and shows how to make a cannabis smoothie that he claimed can keep someone high for hours. He uses fresh cannabis leaves, citrus fruits (the acids), and coconut (commenters note that having oils in the mix would be important) and a primo blender.

Regarding vinegar - it is possible to buy acetic acid in different concentrations. I think from the supermarket, white vinegar is maybe the highest concentration on the shelf, being (distilled) acetic acid mixed with water.

I wonder whether the presence of a mother culture in something like apple cider vinegar would make a difference and as an at-home kombucha maker, I wonder about using that or the vinegar it produces with cannabis or even just infusing the cannabis into the kombucha.

So, the people who've posted here about using acids to decarboxylate/activate their cannabis aren't talking smack. It's an actual thing.

• Like Like x 1