Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Lemon juice and cannabis. And vinegar?

• Please log in to reply

Non

Non

• Registered Upgraded
  • 201 posts
So I read on some threads here that is cannabis buds are soaked in lemon juice, and added to water, it can get you stoned. This is very interesting to me.

Does it also work if soaked in vinegar like Apple Cider Vinegar?

I heard its the citric acid in lemon juice that isomerizes the THC. Would acetic acid do the same?

Non

Non

• Registered Upgraded
  • 201 posts
I also wonder if there's a difference in that lemon juice is also known to be an enzyme inhibitor. Inhibits the liver enzymes. So does grapefruit. Doctors would tell you to stay away from grapefruit juice while taking drugs because the chemical would stay in the bloodstream for too long without being metabolized by the liver enzymes.

I wonder if this is also part of the reason why it may get you high? And if unpasteurized vinegar would do the same thing.

Non

Non

• Registered Upgraded
  • 201 posts
damn if this is true, you could also make a killer lemon/oil or vinegar/oil salad dressing.

Non

Non

• Registered Upgraded
  • 201 posts
Acetic acid is used in acetylation of THC.

So vinegar is probably not considered pure acetic acid but wouldn't it also have limited ability still to dissolve THC from the plant matter?

Non

Non

• Registered Upgraded
  • 201 posts
Acapulco Guacomole
3 ripe avocados
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 teaspoons chili powder
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/2 cup finely chopped cannabis

Mix the vinegar, cannabis, and chili powder together and let the mixture stand for one hour. Then add the avocados and onions and mash it all together (or blend in food processor.) It can be served as a dip with taco chips and vegetables such as sliced carrots, celery stalks, etc.

Minge With Odor

Minge With Odor

• Registered Upgraded
  • 190 posts
^^That cannabis better be decarboxylated.

CaliBudE

CaliBudE

CaliBudE

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,313 posts
Op was the only one responding to his thread ...... And you don't make spicy guacamole with chilli powder haha lol

You use diced up chillis , the lil green one that look like mini jalapeños

Garrett K

Garrett K

Hashassin

• Registered Upgraded
  • 274 posts
Will it work or not ?

t-fizz

t-fizz

Fuckoff, i got work to do

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,993 posts
Goddamn, 5 posts in a row...

You must talk to yourself alot op :P

biomedpothead

biomedpothead

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
you must have been stoned when you made this thread

Malvolio

Malvolio

You don't smoke the 'erb

• Bronze Member
  • 2,583 posts

Guest_DeletedUsername123_*

Guest_DeletedUsername123_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
Heat speeds up THC activation. Though there are other ways to activate it.

Non

Non

• Registered Upgraded
  • 201 posts
hey guys. I just want to update this post.
the Apple Cider Vinegar did work for me.

It would work better if decarboxylated I think but it did work for me.

I'll try some with lemon juice now. And I'll also dehydrate the herb at 95 degrees F so as to preserve some of the terpenoids.

Non

Non

• Registered Upgraded
  • 201 posts

No, THC is heat activated.

Vinegar did work for me.

Non

Non

• Registered Upgraded
  • 201 posts
I just took cannabis, and soaked it in vinegar for about an hr. Probably longer would have made it more potent, but I'm not sure. I saw one recipe call for letting it soak in vinegar for 2 weeks.

Then I took the vinegar in shots and ate the cannabis. Was crazy but next time I think i'll just take the vinegar shots and then mix the cannabis with some salt and sesame oil or something. Or put it in a seaweed salad. Or just a salad.

So, the lemon juice.. has some kind of effect. I don't know if it's a full blown effect though yet. It's been about 15 minutes since I took it.

BTW, I read on wiki that CBD cyclizes to THC in acidic conditions. This may be a reason why also that it has an effect. The CBD in the vinegar or lemon juice turns into THC.

Malvolio

Malvolio

You don't smoke the 'erb

• Bronze Member
  • 2,583 posts

t-fizz

t-fizz

Fuckoff, i got work to do

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,993 posts
Smokings easier and alot more fun than taking vinegar shots lol thats fucking gross why wouldnt u just make a single serving of oil or some shit? Why do u have to use lemon juice and vinegar?

Minge With Odor

Minge With Odor

• Registered Upgraded
  • 190 posts
This is one of the few things I can say tastes like shit having never tried it.

Non

Non

• Registered Upgraded
  • 201 posts
well you can make recipes. I only wanted to try it straight like that because I didn't want to dilute it.. thining it may alter the effects.

I think the vinegar worked better though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users