Busted!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Combustible, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Oh yes, you are correct. When the FDLE and the Feds team up here once every 5 or so years, they pull out all the stops. That's when you start seeing entire trailer and barn grows gettin lit up, and the tri- county total will go from 10,000 plants seized to 100,000 plants.
    I've seen 3 hueys flying in V formation on a grid pattern for days on end, and after dark, and then it won't happen again for years. When they got my 78 year old neighbor's 5 plants at the edge of his property last year, they informed him if he admitted to growing them he would be arrested. Of course he didn't.
    It was kinda ironic that the same year the local news had the head of the county eradication unit doing an interview where he stated" if we find your personal use plants while looking for grow ops, we have no choice but to take them. It's the law. Right then they cut him off. It's obvious that at a local level they could give 2 shits about small grows, and they realize it's wasting a load of time and money.

2. Waste of money you are right. Pot smokers are the only people on the planet that want to be taxed. So why not make it legal and tax them/us?

3. It was the state police who got me. There is a state police post right in the county capital. I hid the plant as best I could. The garden was to the south, the plant was between two huge ass wild blackberry bushes to the east and west, and to the north is a path through more wild blackberries that leads to the woods. I thought it was pretty well hidden, guess I was wrong. Kentucky is a little bit of a contradiction. I mean they lessen the penalties to something like decriminalizing for the first offense, but they put all this money into taking such a hard stance against marijuana.

4. [quote name='"Project ICE"']

can the flir detect indoor grows[/quote]

I'm sure it can, I thinks its infrared though so if you could get something that infrared doesn't penetrate to line the room with you should be in good shape

5. #45 5150, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2012
    For indoor it's the heat signature right?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRbBu8nkjRk[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudf5xDIhmM[/ame]

6. Im surprised they didnt search your house too, to up the charges w papers, pipes, or just a goid ol fashioned bag of gods grass. Thats my big fear is them finding it on my property and then tearin my house apart and shit. Ive heard alot of horror stories of police shootin dogs while searchin houses too. That would absolutely send me over the edge and i would beat a cop to death if that happened.

7. [quote name='"Kuntrybumpkin"']Im surprised they didnt search your house too, to up the charges w papers, pipes, or just a goid ol fashioned bag of gods grass. Thats my big fear is them finding it on my property and then tearin my house apart and shit. Ive heard alot of horror stories of police shootin dogs while searchin houses too. That would absolutely send me over the edge and i would beat a cop to death if that happened.[/quote]

Had a cop pull someone over outside my house two years ago shot my dog with his tazer cause he wasn't on a leash in my "fenced and gated" yard.

8. [quote name='"Project ICE"']

so if i ever decide to make a big grow room....i have to insulate the walls pretty heavily to ensure no infared signatures are evident

thanks for the link man[/quote]

No probs man. I knew what FLIR was but hadn't done much reading on it I went ahead and did some research when I seen your question.

9. Man, it's just hardcore Bible belt ideology. I watched that documentary on Appalachian stills and growing and that state cop was such a dick.:mad: To me, it's like he betrays his own to make life better for himself, and sees the misery and hopelessness that surrounds him every day. Do you ever think it occurs to him that those 4 plants they repelled down to get off the side of a mountain was new school shoes for a kid and maybe some money for the light bill and some propane to keep the house warm during the winter? And then they wonder why the meth and oxy epidemic is so bad. Buddy, I ain't from the hills, but I was raised in it and lived it. A lot of people in this country don't know what it's like to live without.
    On a happier note, I think things will greatly improve when the older generation dies on out and the younger LEOs' step in that actually know the truth about cannabis. It's already happening here, just not as fast as most of us want.

10. if you notice on that video... everything he showed you was when he had something exactly the same next to it to compare it to. also take note on how the guy and his kid was red on that last shot and the heat signature he was looking at was white. this tells me that they look for the hundred degree temps and up.

lucky for me... i built myself a chiller and the only hot part of my grow is the exhaust from the chiller thats ducted out by my hvac system. hopefully.... nothing to far out of the ordinary here. the temps in my room a foot above my lamps rarely ever reach anything higher than 81 or 82. and i live in the south.

just something for yall to think about as the paranoia sets on on what you are doing as you read this thread. i know it did me. cause i have my last eight outdoor plants sitting in my backyard that i have yet to find another spot for. this thread has got me buggin out.:eek:

11. yah you know i remember watching that. all i could think was how naive that guy was. he acted like pot smokers were the devil and we do nothing but bring down society. its like he was a racist pig. only he hated pot smokers.

it really kinda pissed me off. i wanted to hop in my car and drive across the line into kentucky and give that asshole an earful.

12. We call their kind Pot Nazis' down here. And they come in all colors, not just white.

13. #56 needa, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2012
    there is no doubt yall have it worse in kentucky than i do in tn. i waited till this last round of choppers rolled through a couple weeks ago and then started acclimating. and stuck the majority of my plants out two weeks later. hoping they wouldnt be flying back over in two months. and if they do... then hopfully they wont notice four to six foot tall skinny sativas.

crossing fingers.

14. he is ex dea. his story is... he spent a lot of time in texas busting people and one day wised up. in other words he found a gold mine in the 'never get busted' series.

15. Well, I guess that explains it. I'm wishing I wouldn't have clicked on the link now LOL. His logic is correct though. I've read where our Canadian grow bros and sis's use theiir basement grows to heat their homes in winter, and likely a lot of people do way up in the north country. He did bring up a valid point as well, where outbuildings in many states are not considered in search warrant mandates. Florida is one of those states where an FWC(Florida Wildlife Commision) aka, Game Warden, can enter any part of your property if he/she suspects illegal hunting or fishing activities without a warrant. They can use this as a front if you hold recreational hunting/fishing, or commercial hunting, fishing, or trapping permits. The way it turns out is that folks in rural, heavly forested areas have a high %age of residents who hold 1 or more of these licenses , and are therefore subject to search at any given time.

16. What it boils down to is make enough money to buy a retainer on a good lawyer. I make sure I am good with my lawyer each year and have his cell phone number. Even though I am legal in the state of Oregons laws.

More so if you have large harvest.

OP did they make you pull the plant or did they pull it? This is more of a legal state question but I am just wondering.