Busted!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Combustible, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Would a simple carport grow with plastic cover work? They could not confirm they are pot plants. This making getting a warrent very hard. They have to see and confirm they are pot plants before a warrent is served. They could have the ground crew try to smell around though. Suspecting it's a grow from the air along with smell I could see a judge signing the warrent.

2. #22 5150, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2012
    This is how they find them so easy. Large Mexican growers do not even try to hide plants anymore. It does no good. You are better off planting in full sun in the middle of the field and playing the numbers game. They set the flir to programed heat sig and every pot plant in the county turns red as they fly over. It's just like watching the cops chase bad guys at night. The pot plants light up like a person running. If they are looking for corn they would have setting for that as well.

Law enforcement agencies often monitor certain wider areas, particularly areas of countryside with a significant history of outdoor cannabis cultivation. In helicopters, they use infrared cameras and other equipment that can detect cannabis by measuring the heat and reflective signature of the vegetation below. Cannabis has higher reflectivity at certain wavelengths than other rural crops, such as corn. Law enforcement agencies have found that the use of this technology has become necessary in their detection efforts because many growers hide cannabis among other plants, making detection with the naked eye difficult even from the air. These techniques are effective and difficult to defeat because a plant's reflective signature is difficult to change or mask.

Cannabis cultivation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. It might help and it might hurt too. Me personally, i wouldnt do that. We have game wardens here that walk the hills lookin for mj too. All it would take is a phone call to them about a suspicious greenhouse and the game wardens would look into it. They dont have to have a warrant or permission to walk your property. Its bullshit really.

4. Yea they dont use that here in ky tho. I read an article w the head of the cannabis suppression team saying that most people think we use flir but we dont. We use eyesight alone.

5. can the flir detect indoor grows

6. #26 5150, Sep 8, 2012
    What? Maybe to look into your property over your fence. But to go onto your property and enter a greenhouse and then try to arrest you with no warrent? My lawyer would beat that charge. They could then go back and get warrent. But they entered the greenhouse without one to start with.

They canpt bust down your door and find drugs. Then go back and get warrent looking for those same drugs. To get the warrent the cops would have to confirm by air site or ground site that it was infact MJ. The smell could play roll as well. And they can always just lie.

7. Maybe you could beat it but im serious. Game wardens here have more power than constables. They can hop fences, cross property lines, and snoop just on hearsay.

8. Ive seen them on my dads land more than once and i even rode my 4 wheeler out to him and asked what the hell he was doing on our property and he flashed his badge and said its not my business and told me they have a right to cross any property line without provacation. Come to find out, we heard a week later that they thought someone was trapping illegally in our area.

9. #29 5150, Sep 8, 2012

Thats maybe true. But does not give them the right to enter a greenhouse while working with state police from the air. That would be an illegal search. Walking the woods and finding pot is not the same as working with air crews investagating MJ grows on privet property. Don't get me wrong I can see them doing shit like this. I am just saying I think my lawyer could beat it. The key being that the cop or warden would have to open the greenhouse door to confirm it was infact pot. If it was in plain view then I am busted. Again I think smell could also play a role in returning with warrent.

It messed up that anyone gets arrested for growing one plant. WTF. But anyone or kid can go steal a bottle of booze from 7-11?

10. I got busted with a few bugs in the ashtray 13 or so years ago in KY. They were pricks about the" interstate trafficing " LOL
    They are strick on pot. Or were. 180 days suspeneded and I spent 4 days in the Paducha county hell hole! If I'm ever busted there again, for anything, they said I would do the 180! I'm between Bowling Green And Dayton. (BG Ohio)

11. No they cant just come inside your house but they can snoop on your land. All they have to say when they come across your greenhouse is, it "smells/looks like weed in there" boom. Warrant signed.

12. #32 5150, Sep 8, 2012
    My defense would be they were sent from the air to search my property. Illegal search in any state. If they were on another unrelated reason or by chance then yah I can see your point.If not, At that point they would need permission from you or a warrent to enter your property for criminal searches. After all it is a search.

I may also not be understanding the warden powers. I will admit that...

I think anyway. What do I really know. :) If a warden showed up in my surburban yard he is not making it over my fence. My dogs would not let them in. They would knock and talk and try to fool me into showing them.

13. That's the big scare growing around where I live. For years it got chill, and people got use to the idea of being able to grow a lb or 2 in the backyard with a little discretion.. Now, with the depression a lot of people are doing 1 to 2 thousand plant gardens again around here. I don't think it's Mexicans here, I just think it's career criminals trying to hit the big time.. I personally can't stand it. Last year when they got a 1500 plant patch about 20 miles from me, it looked like a small corn field of colas. The plants weren't big, about 5 feet, but I could tell it was clones from the video. Whoever did that wasn't trying to pay the light bill. But it set off a tidal wave of 20 to 100 plant garden busts that did belong to people who were just trying to pay the light bill.

14. I have an acre and a half full of different veggies and fruit all over the place. The weed plant was between two big ass blackberry bushes, where the sun passed over just right. I had it nestled behind the corn which is behind the tomatoes which is behind the peppers etc etc. They still saw it. Those chopper boys are pretty sharp man.

I live in the Appalachians. Right near the TN and VA line. They stay in the air around here, and they find so much weed that it is Justified (hah!) for them to spend so much money every year on the marijuana interdiction. But the area is still so big they can not search everything every year. This was just my year. I just used up my get out of jail free(with a fine) card. Don't look like I will be growing anything lol. Don't want to get a felony.

15. With that mindset, you'd let the man win. I know for a fact down here about 700 miles south of you they don't use any kind of IR during the day, only eyesight. The thing is to step up the game and plant in 3rd or 4th year clearcut overgrowth, SPARSELY. Leave no trails and train the plants to exactly the size of the scrub around them. Even if it means to plant late to keep them small and squatty, it's better than to give into Gub'ment fear mongering. Growing in a wide open veggie garden is just asking for it IMHO.

16. their annual weed watch.
    weedwaaaaaaatchhhhhh..

17. you boys sure you dont have someone who knew about your grow and collected on the reward money??

18. I hear ya combustible. In my opinion, to keep growing after you got caught the first time is not worth it. It just isnt. If i were you i would get a lawyer and if your record is pretty clean, they will drop it down to possession. I had an old man that i knew that got busted and he used "i have arthritis and im sick of these prescriptions my dr is trying to push on me and marijuana helps my pain w little side effects." the judge dropped it to misdemeanor possession. Hey maybe this gatewood act will go through next year and all will be fine. Hope so anyway. Well good luck man.

19. Does not meen the can't get it or borrow it. Or have State looking and not County. Or even Feds. I agree with your post but things can change overnight.

20. The guy at my local hydro shop got busted back in april for his warehouse grow. The owner showed up with a sherrif and busted him with over 1000 plants. He got a 250 dollar fine and 5 years probation. They will be checking his plants to make sure they are not over an inch in size (medical holder) a few times then will back off. No jail time though.