Busted!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Combustible, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Today, I was busted growing my last pot plant. All the rest were stolen. Today, a police helicopter spotted my plant growing in my yard. They circled a couple times, then they sent in the ground units. I got a ticket and court date.... Welcome to the prohibition! The cop was nice though. He informed me I will more than likely just get a fine. Guess I got to pay for their chopper fuel.

2. whta state do you live in if you dont mind me asking

3. Yeah I would like to know that too

4. a helicopter for 1 plant...ya right...trollolol huh

5. I live in the greatest state in this country or any other. The Bluegrass State. That would be Kentucky in case you don't know. Here in the great state of KY we have lessened the penalties for everything about small amounts of possession or cultivation.

6. ..... Uh yeah... Totally.... They had a chopper and a ground team just for my one pot plant. No I think not. How about you wise up, or just muster up a little brain power before posting something? It is September in case you haven't realized that yet. And I don't know about your state, but here in mine they have started their annual weed watch. Choppers fly over, try to find pot plants, and when they do they call in a ground unit. The chopper was on his way to searching the 300 acres behind my house, and boom, there was my huge ass pot plant just sitting there as pretty as you please kind of sorta hidden between two blackberry bushes. Last year, they didn't even bother with this area as it is not suspect. I guess this year I was in their search net. And I will be for the next couple years now.

7. They do the same thing here in the Fl panhandle Combustible. They just want your money, no matter what kind of drivel they spew about toughening the laws . An old high school classmate of mine got busted with over 150 plants last year. They could not prove anything he owned was purchased under the proceeds of crime, so he was able to sell off most of his possessions and pay his way out w/o ever spending a day in jail. Either way, the state got it, and that's all they care about.

8. Wow. Been waitin to hear something like this. Which part of ky do you live in if you dont mind me asking.

9. Ya im in ky too, havent heard or seen any birds this year but i know them sneaky bastards are around

10. Well i just harvested one of mine. The big bitch. Didnt like it but i wasnt comfortable in the spot it was at. U only get one get out of jail free card folks. Use it wisely and dont get greedy. If your gut is telling you its a bad idea, it probably is. No more backyard growin for me. I tried it. Didnt like it. Back to the woods next year.

11. If you are lucky....some states don't even give you that

My state is a mandatory 3 years and $25,000 in fines for anything over an ounce while growing

12. Thankfully ky just lowered their penalties a lil bit ago.

13. That's why I'm moving soon....one state over and up to ten plants is only a $500 fine :D

14. Yeah they got my next door neigbor comustible for 3 small plants in 5 gallon buckets. The plants werent more than 2' tall in his garden between the tomatoes but they saw them from the helicopter.

I live in Ky too. As long as its 4 or under, theyll just write you a ticket. 250$ fine plus court cost, but a 2nd offense is a felony.

People that dont think they can see one little plant are wrong. Straight up wrong. Im just lucky that it was my neigbor that got caught because i usually have a couple of small ones but after he got busted i wouldnt dare now. I know for a fact they can see a single small plant.

15. the trick is....have an actual garden....with fruits and vegitables....dont let the plants stick out....blend em in

16. Oh hell yeah they can spot a single plant. Down here they focus on big grows 500+ plants, but if they find your small plot they'll get it. They found a single 23 foot plant standing alone just up the road from me 2 weeks ago.

17. With flir they can spot out any pot plant. It gives off a certian heat that is detected easy. This is why large mexican grows do not even try to hide them anymore. It's now a numbers game.

Not a pro on the matter but have done some reading up.

18. Well im a gardener and have grown veggies all my life and im here to tell you that trying to blend in your babies w veggies works but just for 90 days or so. After your veggies start to die off and turn brown, your ladies stick out like a sore thumb. I know. I just learned the hard way. After this year ive learned that backyard growing, especially in a non mmj state, is not worth the risk. Its pretty stupid actually. Youre putting all your eggs in one basket. Its nice that you can mess w your babes more but too risky for this ol boy. I harvested my biggest one today and it was 4 weeks into flowering, hopefully il at least get some lil popcorn nugs. Sorry that you got busted man. That really blows and your thread was one of the many deciding factors for me to chop her down. Godddd it sucked. Had to be done tho.