Anyone heard of Genie Bongs?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by sourcherry, Sep 6, 2012.

1. or like most headshops ahahaha. most headshops go oh we dont arry roor we carry these. and point to some chinese glass.

2. headshops never have good glass lol, they make all their profit by overpricing cheap outlet bongs

if you want a nice tube, buy online

3. i picked up a genie bong last week.

the quality is actually very good. no sharp edges anywhere, smooth all around, 9mm thick, feels very substantial and heavy, no bubbles or blemishes in the glass anywhere.

4. I have two of them, im from southern ontario, which would make complete sense as to why that person said they are from ontario. we have been over populated with them, they are everywhere, and almost every piece looks nice :) the first i bought was my fav forever, just a nice, 12 inch beaker style/ bent neck 7mm nice soft glass, no defects, it filters through the stem so really it depends on the stem for bubble size and amount .... seeing as we all want as many small bubbles as possible with a good easy pull, which i have for the beaker, i'm very happy with it ... I also have a 18 inch 9mm Genie which I use now when I smoke flowers.
    i have a 9 mm detachable cheech very nice (Genie was just as good if not better)
    i have a 18 inch 7mm 4 perc Roor its very very nice (Genie is just as good maybe a little less smooth because not as much filter, but easier pull)
    I have a very nice Original Bong (some people may not know of them they are UK based) yet the Genies are much nicer.
    I have a 20 inch Volcano bong, Genie is much nicer
    I also hae a no name 9mm bong with some weird perc that looks like a lightbulb with a hoop on the top that comes right out, i dont know wtf it is, its a nice bong, but not near as nice as my Genies ...
     I will say, the glass feels very soft and the people take their time too make their pieces, China made or not ... although, I try not to buy Chinese products as much as possible ...

5. Everything you mentioned in chinese. including genie, they're imported

6. You aren't going to the right shops man.  And those online shops, most of the really good ones also have a brick and mortar store.  And you can usually get better deals in person, a lot of shops reserve pieces for locals first before putting them up on their sites too.  Just off the top of my head

Angie's boutique in LA
    Primal expressions in PA and NJ
    Jfriendlys in MD and NJ
    Piece of Mind in WA
    rootsrockreggae (ETRs shop) in VA
    MADE in chicago
    carbonglasstech
    lilis in MA
    Liquid Chrome in Canada
    Up in Smoke in CA
    The Cave
    Gotham in NYC
    HPG
    and there's a ton I'm forgetting. 

Yeah there are way more bad shops than good ones, but if you love glass, you owe it to yourself to go to brick and mortar stores and build a relationship with the employees and owner.  I get 20% off pretty much anything at the store I go to now.  Plus those guys are more connected than most of us.  I just sent one of the employees a list of stuff I'm looking for cause I think the owner is going to AGE (asked him to look for quave, ETR, and 2stroke stuff).  You ain't finding quave or ETR on online shops, and if you find them on the used market you're gonna get taxed out the ass.

Plus you can't water test a piece on chrome.

7. no no ... I dont think you read correctly .... OG is made in the UK ...
    China made or not ... I appreciate my smoking tools and will accept the fact that they are chinese, not that i can say the same about the rest of their products ...

8. Also. Could you please send us in the right direction so we can buy canada and american made bongs please ....

9. Genies are Chinese glass, the pre-brown blanks are blown in china then sent for assembly. The difference is you get very low grade borosilicate glass. The welds are gonna look greasy and it will be uneven in places. Good tube for the price, owned a genie, threw it around for fun cause i got it off some fiend for 10$

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. if anyone knows how to get ahold of the company or manufacturer that makes genie bongs i would really appreciate it as there is a certain bong i would like that i once had:p  [​IMG]

11. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410571137.380225.jpg

12. #32 Kushmasta69, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
    Genie glass ftw! I've had a couple of Genie ones and I have no complaints.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

13. #33 CanadianFlowers, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
    Talk shit all you want, its obvious some tokers here nvr hit a genie before, they're good smoking devices, I enjoy using them,I do not care if its 'chinese glass' it works good.

Attached Files:

14. Looks like the real deal and even if it isnt who cares. I saw genie at a really good headshop and they seem pretty thick. I dont know why people care about the glass so much like who gives a fuck if its china glass regardless it still puts smoke in your lungs lmfao. Good buy in my eyes.

15. Looks like you need some purple power or some alcohol but nice bongs and nice commitment to the company

16. I just bought a GENIE Bowl Piece and it is GARBAGE. instead of a smooth decline to the hole like every other bowl piece, it comes down and then theirs a flat pit with a hole in the center that gets clogged no matter what 1st clean bowl hit, every hit every time... i have had so many problems with bowls being bought with too small of holes and now this... thanks genie, this is the 2nd garbo piece I've bought from them.

17. Simple yet beautiful and the hit is is cleaner then camwhores asshole. Fuck what anybody has to say if it looks good, is sturdy, and does it's job it doesn't really matter where it's from I promise you. 1525341500689266356753.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. This is an old thread but it's pretty funny that people hate on "china glass" so much when literally the ONLY drawback to it is that it's weaker/not as thick. It functions 100% as good as your precious "locally blown" glass or whatever. And when it costs a fraction of the price that's ok with me.

19. Thx ya

Sent from my LM-Q710.FGN using Grasscity Forum mobile app