Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

I think I'm starting to get a cold, is there anything I can do to stop it?

• Please log in to reply

The Crunge

The Crunge

Barefoot 24/7

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,848 posts
I hate colds. I woke up with a sore throat, and now I've got a runny nose/nasal congestion.

Can I do anything to keep this cold from worsening?

Guest_cookiecrisp_*

Guest_cookiecrisp_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
50mg of Zinc, and pop vitamin C like it's candy

You can't OD on vitamin C, but it can give you diarrhea...so stop when it gets to that point :P

The Crunge

The Crunge

Barefoot 24/7

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,848 posts

50mg of Zinc, and pop vitamin C like it's candy

You can't OD on vitamin C, but it can give you diarrhea...so stop when it gets to that point :P

How do you know this shit?

budsmokn420

budsmokn420

Reality is reflective

• Registered Upgraded
  • 8,331 posts

Most likely the internet, personal experience, or school :P

But yea I agree with his post...vitamin C all day

Guest_cookiecrisp_*

Guest_cookiecrisp_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

I don't use OTC meds. I prefer vitamins and herbs and whole foods.

But growing up my mom would give us zinc lozenges and lots of vitamin C when we began complaining about feeling ill. I don't think I've ever had a cold last more than 2 days.

I get really sick about once every 3 years.

HerbJedenTag

HerbJedenTag

Waves of life

• Registered Upgraded
  • 691 posts
Vape some sage if you can, heard it helps the throat. Make sure you dry it though.

Storm Crow

Storm Crow

Very Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 11,336 posts
In addition, viruses can only reproduce in a very narrow temperature range. A fever is a way your body fights viruses (although it does "go overboard" sometimes and the fever does more harm than good).

So turn on your electric blanket, grab yourself a cup of hot tea and drink it while taking a hot bath! Give yourself a "fever" in effect. After your bath, get in bed, have a few puffs, and sleep as long as you can!
  • budsmokn420 likes this

budsmokn420

budsmokn420

Reality is reflective

• Registered Upgraded
  • 8,331 posts

In addition, viruses can only reproduce in a very narrow temperature range. A fever is a way your body fights viruses (although it does "go overboard" sometimes and the fever does more harm than good).

So turn on your electric blanket, grab yourself a cup of hot tea and drink it while taking a hot bath! Give yourself a "fever" in effect. After your bath, get in bed, have a few puffs, and sleep as long as you can!

:eek::eek:

:hello:

davidtokehead

davidtokehead

marijuana chupacabra

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,504 posts
shot of josecuervo tequila and a shot of lime juice alternativly sippin on both small sips gotta make thhose shots last you about 20 minutes. and do this 2 a day, works wonders it wont let it progress any further

Brenjin

Brenjin

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,801 posts
Good ole homemade bone broth. Works wonders

The Crunge

The Crunge

Barefoot 24/7

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,848 posts

Wait wait wait wait wait wait

I should take a bath with an electric blanket?!

budsmokn420

budsmokn420

Reality is reflective

• Registered Upgraded
  • 8,331 posts

Wait wait wait wait wait wait

I should take a bath with an electric blanket?!

Hahahahaha you're obviously just kidding but in the rare case you're not, take the hot bath while drinking tea, then get high as f$&k and sleep with an electric blanket for as long as possible :smoke:

thecheezman

thecheezman

• Registered Upgraded
  • 277 posts
Well what I usually do, but it's not recommended at all. I'll take like twice the suggested dose of nyquil, drink apple cider vinegar (diluted with water) take a bunch of vitamin c and go to bed. Works most of the time.

The Crunge

The Crunge

Barefoot 24/7

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,848 posts
Usually I get a head cold first, then it moves into my chest, but this is the first time I've smoked while sick, and it hasn't moved into my chest at all. I think by tomorrow I'll be healthy.

budsmokn420

budsmokn420

Reality is reflective

• Registered Upgraded
  • 8,331 posts
Well OP...was the cold avoided? :smoke:

HerbJedenTag

HerbJedenTag

Waves of life

• Registered Upgraded
  • 691 posts
how are you feeling now