Lamp Sockets Base with AC Plug

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by YZF_Odom, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Anyone know where I can find a lamp socket with a base connected to a AC plug? Im trying to find them on the internet and have a hard time finding one with a base....

2. sorry dude its not possible your best bet is too get some ceramic sockets and wire them up with extension cords not as hard as it sounds just rip out the female part and wrap each wire to the bolts on the back

3. That's not true, I have one which I bought for roughly £2.75 at my local market. Try an electrical wholesaler's website, use the yellow pages to find one near you.

4. Go to your local hardware store in lighting department you can find 3 sockets connected to one base (just the sockets and base not a whole lamp thing) and it has 2 wires running off of it (black/white for power). Wire that to a extension cord or to your computer fans or whatever and ta-da. The lamp socket was only like 7-8$

5. I just picked a few up last week at Lowes. Couple dollars a piece, and flowing power to my CFL's for a week now :)

6. thanks for all the info fellas...home depot sucks i couldnt find it there....guess ill try lowes....

7. I just bought a ceiling fan/light "Do it yourself" housing (white base with 3 plugs for bulbs). Took an old extension cord, cut off the end and wired it to that. Works great so far and only cost me $6. Easy