Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Hey Stiggy...Sam's got some great data there n more coming, but let me share some of what I've experienced. I was having a heck of a time duplicating effects in my caps n GD. And as I searched the internet(s) [​IMG] The numbers I saw just didn't support a 20-30 min decarb at 220. Just can't work. Not physically possible for the carboxyl groups to detach at that level. On the other end of the scale I've seen decarb temps at 310-325 for 10-18 min n that's from a very well respected researcher that does only marijuana analysis with the latest state of the art equipment. Certainly that would toast the bejeezus out of your bud n your terpenes are long gone but for decarbing THC, if that's all you want, then that time/temp does work. It all depends on what you're after. I've processed bud at 220 for 20m n then proceeded to "cook" it in cycles a number of times. Done it for 4-5 additional hours n shorter ones as well. Decarb completes as the cooking process goes forward. In the early stages it is still "green", so to speak, but cooking for 2-5 hours does complete the decarbing which didn't occur on the front end.
    H

• Like Like x 1
  2. [​IMG]
    LOL
    Thank You

Harley
    Are you using yours for pain management ?

3. I got my chair pulled up n note pad in hand [​IMG]

4. Hey Stigg...no, I use it for neurotransmitters(head issues), anxiety, depression. nausea, sleep. I guess in a round about way it's for pain....it allows me to not be a pain in the ass to others...[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Right up my alley Buddy
    I have little or no patience anymore

6. #7906 PsychedelicSam, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    I'm afraid that I don't agree with much of what you said, HJ. I do have proof that THC can be decarbed at 220F for 20-30 minutes depending on age. I've got it in color and multiple examples. Also, it takes much longer than 2-5 hours to complete indirect decarbing. Takes 12-18 hours in my experience for lipids and then you are losing a lot of your best cannabinoids when they convert to others.

I've seen all the charts and don't put any stock in any of them. Those are under laboratory conditions and not really pertinent to our DIY projects, in my opinion. And 325F shouldn't even be mentioned. Those charts are worthless to me and I will still be decarbing as the situation requires for my personal usage. [​IMG]

Edit: This response is pretty obsolete now but the sentiment remains. Due to new data, optimal decarb time for material less than 3 years of age is 240°F for 40 minutes per extensive lab testing I've done. Live and learn but now you know. :ey:

• Like Like x 3
  7. I've been editing a video showing how to infuse agave nectar and butter from GD and then the making of those cookies shown earlier. I'm having it reviewed now and if it passes muster, I'll post it here. That's what I've been doing this afternoon and it's been a labor intensive endeavor so I haven't had a chance to edit the lab reports yet but hope to get to that soon.

Decarbing is turning out to be more subjective than one might initially believe and is why it's okay that HJ and I disagree on various points since we don't really disagree except in terms of absolutes. Of course we all know what I think of absolutes and don't expect it to be the same for everyone else. All I'm going to be providing are alternatives to those absolutes through data collection and then everyone can make an informed decision. I'll explain why you wouldn't necessarily want maximum THC.

I'll start with the 4 reports that have led to this change in policy for flowers, mainly, which is what most people have access to. We'll be looking at other principles for those with access to fan/sugar leaf. That will be because of the other results I have that indicate full decarb at the lower temp/time. Conflicting results. I wasn't wanting to lay out more funds right now but it has to be done before my vacation so I guess I better have at it.

And, oh my goodness, what about the CBD-A & CBD? [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. "I wasn't wanting to lay out more funds right now but it has to be done before my vacation so I guess I better have at it."

Sam Please concentrate on your vacation and plans
    We will all be here when you come back .............
    Right Guys
    Wait to do more Lab work.
    Enjoy your Time back Home
    I emailed you about the cookie caper .
    Pretty decent

9. No worries, I'm glad we don't always agree. I'm an explorer. It's how I "roll" [​IMG] And a little knowledge is a dangerous thing so I appreciate the feed back. You make me think about what I say n I hope I do the same for you. I tend to generalize a lot n should be more specific. We're not far off the same page. You're new chart confirms what I've been doing. We may differ in specifics, still [​IMG]...like I do cover my bud during decarb [​IMG] ....but hey....I make life interesting....[​IMG]
    I only have experience w my bud n bud I buy so my stuff is fresh. I rarely have trim n never done keif. I've focused on one thing only, processing bud into medicine. You're covering the gamut of things which is awesome. It's been a huge help to me for sure. Yes, THC can be decarbed at 220 for 20-30 depending on age....you've proven it....but not my wheel house. And yes, the cooking in oil without a proper decarb up front takes a long damn time to get an excellent product. I've screwed that one up a number of times...same w GD's....but not anymore [​IMG]
    I know you don't put much stock into charts n other peoples data but it's how I ended up getting a better understanding of what was happening w the decarb process and how to tweak yours n BK's process to end up w an outstanding product I've been using since April....
    jus sayin'....[​IMG]
    H

• Like Like x 2
  10. #7910 OneE, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2015
    Come on Psam --- you're just teasing us now....

Let the agave video slide and tell us what you've discovered already!!!

I've got some fine fresh sugar/bud trim that I'm itching to run and I've been waiting for any new info before I decarb it. I've been in the camp of 220 for 30-45 min for a while now - guessing I just need to bump it up to 240-250 to get the most out of it?

And curious to see what you've found aout about cbd's --- and also how the cbn factors into the equation....

11. #7911 PsychedelicSam, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    Hey, do you pay my salary? I had you in mind when I rushed out the chart so that you can use it. But I also had a personal request for the cookies by someone who actually uses them for medical reasons and that's my commitment that just so happened to coincide with something from the thread. I also had some other requests for a video of the solvent transfer process, particularly for the agave.

I hope you know that I've been spending 12-15 hours a day sometimes getting these reports lined up then edited with the charts and graphs and other points of emphasis so that I don't lead anyone astray and each time I get a new test or compare others I see new correlations that need exploring.

Fortunately, I won't hold your impatience against you but want to remind you that I multitask on this thread as well as try to have some sort of life outside this thread, at which I'm failing miserably btw. You got the important stuff, now sit on it for a while. I'm good for it but you've got to let me do it my way.

Yes, knowing that you access fairly fresh or very fresh flowers I would suggest that you raise that temperature to 240F but for no more than 40 minutes. Don't worry about the CBD/CBN connection right now, but there is some reason to believe that the increased heat and/or time can lead to CBD degradation and in light of that, the goal of natural decarb seems even more important. Remember, though, that this is not necessarily for recreational purposes but geared toward maximum health benefits and there this produces a product with maximum cannabinoids like the original flower.

I could tell you everything like that piecemeal but it would be too disjointed so I'm going to present it together and then we can open it for discussion. I won't be able to do it if I have to keep explaining. Go do your extraction and by the time you're finished, I should be ready.

I expected your response, by the way, so I'm not offended and I hope none was given by me.

dragon (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 3
  12. Hey Stigg...funny how things play out sometimes....I took a shot across the temple yesterday that damn near knocked me out. Was balancing a partial sheet of 1/2" plywood overhead n the damn thing slipped. [​IMG] Turned my head, which was lucky or it would've caught me flush. Man did that hurt [​IMG] course then things shifted immediately to hoppin' mad n I threw something n yelled many expletives in succession [​IMG] which scared the shit out of my dog [​IMG] which of course made me feel worse [​IMG]
    After calming down n realizing I wasn't gonna bleed out [​IMG] I headed for my GD. Well actually I went inside n whined loudly [​IMG] washed the blood off my head. Normally I'd hit vit I....ibuprofin....but after your question I got a bit curious n spent some time reading about pain n cannabis. So it was a no-brainer. My Sativas are awesome. It easily worked as well as Advil plus it helped calm me down n pull my head around.
    H [​IMG]
    ps...the dog got a belly rub, n a treat....

• Like Like x 1
  13. Maybe we should let you borrow Sams Helmet
    Glad u r OK
    Yes GD works Great for Pain
    Since I started using Sams Cremes and making Green Dragon Sams way
    I have not touched my pain meds in over 3 weeks, Not a one.
    Makes ya wonder why "THEY" have been lying to us all these years

14. #7915 PsychedelicSam, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016

Cannabis Infused Sugar-Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
    Ingredients
    3/4 Cup Butter (Infusion option)
    3/4 Cup Coconut Sugar (Infusion option)
    3/4 Cup Agave Nectar (Infusion option)
    2 Eggs
    2 tsp Vanilla Extract
    11/4 cup Flour
    1 tsp Baking Soda
    1/2 tsp Salt
    2 tsp Cinnamon
    2 3/4 cup Oats
    1 cup Raisins

Directions
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, cream butter, coconut sugar
    and agave. Beat in eggs and vanilla until fluffy.

Mix together flour, baking soda, salt & cinnamon. Gradually mix into
    butter mixture. Add in oats and raisins.

Drop tsp. sized balls of batter onto non-stick pans.

Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, eat & enjoy!

Infusion options

You can infuse a single infusable ingredient for all of your potency or
    you can infuse all for more specialized effects or somewhere in
    between.

To infuse the agave nectar, use a double boiler set-up to warm 1/2 of
    the agave and then pour in enough Green Dragon to reach the desired
    potency (I use 3 fluid ounces total for these cookies with one fluid
    ounce in each of the 3 infusing ingredients, agave nectar, butter and
    coconut sugar). Ventilation is required for this step, no open
    flames. Continue heating the mixture as the alcohol bubbles and
    evaporates off, leaving the cannabinoids in the agave. As the alcohol
    evaporates dark oil globules will form until all the alchohol is
    gone, at which time it will go into solution and be complete. Keep
    the sides of the bowl scraped down and stirred into the hot syrup.

Instructions for infusing the butter are basically the same except that it doesn't
    take nearly as long. Again use half of the butter for your infusion,
    adding your Green Dragon to the melted butter and heating until all
    the alcohol bubbles stop forming.

To infuse the coconut sugar, sometimes called coconut palm sugar, place
    the sugar in a pyrex dish and pour your Green Dragon into the sugar
    and stir until all of the sugar has been moistened. Using an electric
    oven, preheat to 200F. Place the sugar dish in the oven for 30
    minutes or until the granules are dry, stirring occasionally. This
    process can be used to infuse regular sugar (sucrose) as well.

Gas oven instructions: Follow previous instructions except with a gas
    oven, turn off your oven when it reaches 200F and place the dish of
    sugar in it and close the door. Leave the dish in the oven until it
    cools down then remove the dish and stir. Reheat the oven to 200F
    and repeat the cycle. I have a gas oven so I use this method and it
    takes me about 3-4 cycles. When it's dry between your fingers it's
    finished.

This is the original recipe that I adapted: http://sweetsmarts.com/sugar-free-oatmeal-raisin-c...

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Excellent Job Sam
    Thanks Much
    Stiggy
    I think I found my new night time meds
    You are the best
    Stiggy
    Good ole Sam Cookie
    [​IMG]

16. You Guys need to try these cookies
    They are Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. I also had the cookies tested. Here's what the lab says,

"Hi Sam, attached are the results that we pulled from your cookie today. The concentrations of individual cannabinoids are low but in the context of the whole cookie, you actually get a really nice dose (~28mg of activated THC/17.6g cookie). Please let me know if you have any questions."

It was so complex that it took 2 weeks to figure it out because of the combination of infusion mediums. I have the full test results that are really very impressive but I won't show that here until I get the others taken care of. I thought you might be interested. That's a pretty good dose and doesn't count the total cannaboids which is .23% of the cookie, 17.9g, and that is a total of 41mg of cannabinoids per cookie. [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. And not only do I have test results for the cookies but I also have test results for the corn syrup and may also do another video for that. The test shows that I have 75mg per dose. A dose is a teaspoon/5ml but can be dispensed by the ml @ 15mg/ml. I'm really stoked about the results of my edibles, considering the decarb is short. It gives me pause in thinking about decarb. My edibles are great or so everyone tells me but the main selling point other than the buzz is how they work on medical issues even better. All these edibles,including tincture, as you'll see in the decarb tests, were not fully converted, with about 30% THCA. I'll admit to being amazed at all the possibilities this blitz of testing has opened and I'll have more in the near future.

The decarb analysis will be up tomorrow morning. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. So approx how much would fill a dropper from a dropper bottle