Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. If you don't blast yourself then you buy it already made from a dispensary or elsewhere so you don't have a choice whether to decarb first. I know a lot of people use the oil bath. It's not that hard to heat a small container of oil and use a vial with the BHO on a hotplate or other heat source. There's no flame danger as long as you can control the heat. You could even use the tile on a hotplate to control the temperature. I guess if you had the material you could find the best way. And, of course, the most efficient for just a small amount or a large. A lot of possibilities to keep you busy. [​IMG]

2. Sam where is the Medical site that you spoke of in PM
    The one where you wanted to post results of our experiments with feet?

3. I'm going to run it through here first and bounce it off our guys then I thought I'll make a neuropathy specific thread over in this forum...http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana-usage...

For the rest of you, Stiggy is referring to some research he and I have been doing to find a way to reduce his severe neuropathy in his feet that you've seen him mention often over the years. Anyone who has read the last year of posts in the thread knows that I have been working heavily on topical applications for various uses and neuropathy was one of the main goals because I have friends with diabetic neuropathy and I wanted to see if I could help.I sent a variety of cremes to one of those friends and got feedback on them.

We found 2 cremes that worked better than the others, a cannabis root oil product and another with arnica. I was just going to note the effects but since I only have minor neuropathy and it doesn't cause me pain, I set those aside unless someone asked for it. The other day Stiggy was mentioning how bad his feet were hurting and a lightbulb went off in my head. I asked him if he would be a guinea pig and together we have whipped up 2 really good neuropathy products that work great. according to him and another friend.

Because neuropathy, diabetic and otherwise, is such a widespread affliction I'm planning to do a specific write up in the Medical Uses forum because a lot of folks don't come into the edibles forum. I'm thinking about making a booklet of some sort because it's a complex formula using and infusing several different oils and herbs. It would be good practice for the full book but I have no idea how to do it.

I'll let Stiggy describe it all for you if he feels like it. I can tell you this though, it feels great to have been able to do this for him and anyone else it can help. He's been such a great pal over the years of this thread and I wish I could do more. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Boy Howdy!!![​IMG]

5. Speaking of BHO and what not I ran out of everclear to infuse my wax in so I had to improvise by using rubbing 70% iso rubbing alcohol. Is there a way I can purge it and use it in my vape pen? I was thinking of probably dissolving most of the alcohol until it turns to oil via the double boiler method and then adding everclear (when I get some) to melt the oil and infuse it into the everclear then add enough glycerin so that it makes the liquid thick enough for it to be safe to use in my pen. What do you think? Other than that I acknowledge the fact that how noob I am at this.[​IMG]

6. I don't have a clue about purging anything. It's a shame you used the iso, though. But after you add your glycerin you should evaporate off the alcohol. [​IMG]

7. Fishing with Sam LOL
    [​IMG]

8. #7788 Buddwiser88, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2015
    I forgot to mention that question was for everyone except Sam (you already answered this question a while back). I apologize.

9. I would go by what Sam told you
    He would never steer anyone wrong when it comes to anything taken into ones body.
    Time to trust us older people.

10. #7790 Buddwiser88, Aug 3, 2015
    I was just asking incase someone else had the answer. Sam already said he personally did not know so I was like heck maybe someone else does.

11. This a Tincture thread based on PsychedelicSam's freezer technique.

Perhaps people with questions on alternative tincture process or otherwise extraneous ideas ask in threads that are about your questions.

Sam is too nice to suggest this, but why not discuss ALL of your BHO questions on a BHO thread?

12. Hi everyone, this is my first post so I hope this is the best place for my question.

I'm hoping to make a tincture of my own using vegetable glycerin. I'm just wondering if anyone here knows roughly what percentage of THC is absorbed by the glycerin? If possible I'd like to work out roughly how much THC would be in each serve.

13. #7793 PatrickXy6dC, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    PsychedelicSam has not seemed to mind. Perhaps my thread about making Green Dragon Tincture from BHO does belong in the bho thread, but it's still about Green Dragon. The index details many more recipes than just the freezer method. Don't want to offend anyone. Let's see what PSam says instead of speaking for him.
    Since I started this in PSam's tincture thread I will comment here now on the results and then be mindful of sickmanfraud's request to keep bho to the bho thread. I did decarb my fresh trim/popcorn buds (they were already dry) at 220 for 30 minutes, uncovered as advised ,then blasted 25 grams with 300 ml butane into an ounce of EC. I don't know the yield of the bho since I blasted into EC, but it made a nice tincture.

14. Both of you are right and both of you are a little off, just like me on innumerable occasions. While the mission of the thread was to limit the discussion to the particular method and it's many uses, that got swept aside within the first 50 pages as I started to help others salvage what they had created using their own methods and it's one of the things that has made this thread so popular. When it comes to tinctures, I, apparently, am "the Man", much to my amazement, and it is mainly due to my desire to help others work out deficiencies in their methods...and teach mine.

I'm perfectly qualified on making BHO Gold Dragon but I'm not qualified to comment on potency ratios since I'm not experienced but others here are. I'm qualified to tell someone how to infuse BHO into other carriers but, again, I've never done it but have used RSO which would be similar. But since it isn't something I'm personally hands on with, I will often refer someone wanting some specifics on cooking with BHO to RaJay's syrup thread which I helped develop but he has the actual experience and there is a lot of tips for BHO specific actions.

Actually I'm kind of curious about blasting directly into 190 and how that purges the butane. I was interested when OneE first mentioned it the other day and now that you've done it, Joker, I need to know how and why it works in my quest for knowledge. It seems that residues would get left behind in the alcohol but what do I know? Unless I direct you elsewhere, consider your questions and comments in play here. We've become more of a depository of general and advanced cannabis ingestion applications. We've evolved and continue to do so.

There one other factor that has recently come into play and that is having been pinned to the forum and nearly always being the #1 topic on the forum. With the title and the popularity, a lot of new people are visiting the thread and most are starting at the end instead of the beginning because it's so long we get some questions that are a little off the original intentions but I'm not going to ignore or write off someone that wants information and I can provide it. In a way it's my duty now as the only real active thread by the original poster on the forum and the defacto edibles forum "guru" much to my chagrin. I asked for it, I guess.

Finally, I am not too nice to speak up. I do and will speak up when the occasion as I define it calls for it. Any one who says otherwise probably is not remembering they've been on the end of those a time or too. I'm "nice" because that's who I am not any lack of self assurance. I genuinely have an interest in anyone's cannabis related questions or info or comments. So while no one speaks for me, any newcomers please be aware that some here are very loyal and try to look out for my best interest and that of the thread and often as is the case with internet communications, some comments don't translate well. We're all a community here and everyone is appreciated. [​IMG]

15. Well said
    I misunderstood what his question was and thought he was making dragon with iso
    my bad Sorry

16. You wouldn't like Sam when he's Angry LOL

17. PSam- I don't know of any research/evidence to back up my thought/hope/idea that blasting into EC purges the butane I have read that in different threads in other places. Nothing official, though. It seems that most people who blast into EC are going to evap the alcohol to make shatter rather than green dragon.

18. #7798 PsychedelicSam, Aug 3, 2015
    Yeah, it's the winterization process but in most cases with BHO I thought that it was heated back down to oil and that's what purged the remaining butane because of alcohol's higher boiling point. That's my conjecture but my concern with blasting into alcohol then no heating is that it may leave behind residual butane. However, I don't know if there is a purging chemical reaction from combining the two, temperature differences or just what. I have the same concerns that I would with iso but have no idea if there's any validity to my thoughts. This is one of the areas that I'm happy to rely on the input of others. [​IMG]

19. As off topic as I always am, I thought a few folks here might find this interesting.

A new accessory I picked up for my Arizer EQ.

:smoke:

20. Was there supposed to be a picture or link here?