Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. I clicked on the Dragon spawn link,
    it took me to a photobucket thing,
    then it wants me to upgrade my browser, ????  I'm not even using that.... ?????
    I try to get to the GC link to table of contents, it sends me back to the general forum...
    I thank the Lord every day for giving me this thread
    i don't really care the link things do that, but it just might help another noob not ask so many questions if it would take them to the answers
    just my thoughts ATM

2. I made the same mistake damage....go to the very first page of this thread and at the bottom of Sam's posts you'll find the "Index" button..
    [​IMG]

3. #6983 PsychedelicSam, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015

Unfortunately, the signature only allows one URL anymore and that includes the image. We used to be able to have 3 so I could put the image, link and 1 more if I wanted. It had allowed my 2 because of grandfathering but once I started to edit the material, it wouldn't allow me add the index link again. That's why it just says the index is available after the hiccup. I can't add a link but I will direct others to the first post for the link. 

Thanks for looking out. [​IMG] 

4. No kidding, thank you HJ, I learned a lot reading through threads looking for answers,  imo, of course, in reality though, I know I no very little. but, now, I do know how to forget about pain for a bit. [​IMG]

5. Hi Sam
    I don't know what a url is, don't really wanna no, lol.
    all we need is go to first page, go to index. follow directions !!    thanks HJ.     Try it, you'll like it.
    GC should fix it maybe. or maybe not cause it'll make folks read and look for the answers.

It's a computer term and no, GC will not increase it. One of the bad things from the new format when they changed. That's the way it goes in the big "City". [​IMG] 

7. #6987 PsychedelicSam, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    Analysis Update

So, nobody wants to give it a shot, huh? Well, let me give you a hint. You want to find the percentage of THC to THCA on each test. Does anyone know how to calculate percentages? Let me help you with that for the first sample. The formula for that is as follows:

A/B = x/100 with A & B the known values
    Invert and cross multiply  Bx = A * 100
    In this sample "A" is the amount of known THC and "B" is the known amount of THCA = 1.95/18.6
    Step 2 for this sample is 18.6x = 195
    Percentage of THC to THCA in this sample is  x = 195÷18.6 = 10.48%

Maybe that will help. I'll check back later. Remember, we need to find the percentage of the second sample then calculate the total representative percentage of decarb that took place. Again, that answer is 14.6%.

Good luck. [​IMG] 

• Like Like x 1
  8. #6988 STIGGY, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    25.68%

Woops forgot to show work LOL
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Close but no cigar. It's actually 25.08% and here's how to get that.

a/b=x/100 > 3.21/12.8=x/100 > 12.8x=321 > x=321÷12.8 = 25.078 

Now tell me the total representative percentage of activation, decarb, for 1 year based on these two samples. [​IMG] 

• Like Like x 1
  10. 14.6%

• Like Like x 1
  11. #6991 PsychedelicSam, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    You are correct! Give than man a banana (kush). In fact, Stiggy, you're righter than I am. Last night I switched my subtraction and came up with the wrong one. It is not 15.4% but 14.6%. Very good. thumbs up smiley.gif

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hey Sam...I got stuck on what a "representative percentage" is. I don't understand the term. I get mean/medium/mode but this one [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    I knew someone was going to mention that. A representative percentage is based on "representative samples" such as trees in a forest, snowflakes, fish sticks or buds in a harvest or in other words, not from the same exact item being used to provided those samples. That being the case, each sample is an individual in it's own right but is considered to be representative of the whole lot. It would be used to describe the early phases of the study and later, after enough "representative results", it turns into plain old "average percentage". 

We have only one source lot for data so we can't use an average yet so our analysis can only be based around that that source. There were 6 plants that gave 1.5 pounds of bud but where the individual buds came from is anyone's guess, Since the first bud had maximum total THC value of 18.3 in the written data and the second only had 14.4, it's pretty clear that they didn't come from the same bud. "Representative" just clears up the notion of an single source. You could also come to the same conclusion by comparing the total cannabinoid numbers of each sample. 

I don't know if that muddies it up more but that's life I guess. Just another thought, my tincture samples are not representative since they are from the very same sample at all stages. They won't become "representative" until I start adding them with other results for averages. [​IMG] 

• Like Like x 1
  14. So Master the student has snatched the pebble from thy hand
    Is it time for me to leave?

• Like Like x 1
  15. #6995 PsychedelicSam, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Only if you feel you know it all.
    flyingsmiley (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 1
  16. The wisdom of the world is always learning
    Im staying LOL

• Like Like x 1
  17. Reminds me of a line from a 3 Dog Night song, "someone open up a window and let some air into this room...."[​IMG]

18. Wisdom is ofttimes nearer when we stoop than when we soar.   

19. Sam, refresh my memory on the sample(s). Same harvest but one was kept in a jar for a year?

Yep. They were clones taken from my original from the seed I was giving away for a while, Blue Jewel. I gave them to a friend with a tent and she did a great job. We kept an ounce in a quart jar with a Boveda 62% humidipak and it has rarely been opened. It has been in the jar since it dried. The next set of tests will explore various ways to speed up the process without heat. [​IMG] 

• Like Like x 1