Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

A truly full extract cannabis product for maximum health using all of the compounds including THCA and CBDA would only be partially decarbed, naturally or otherwise, in order to include those compounds and others, especially if psychoactivity is an issue. However, everthing that THCA does, THC does it better and does more of it. These tests don't show which are best. They just give a range of data that others can use to make real informed decisions instead of guesswork. [​IMG] 

• Like Like x 2
  2. Im thinking this would be a better product produced for person suffering from illnesses and not just looking to get the High.
    I think this would be better for me and you Sam, as well as many other followers of Sam.
    Im not knocking it in anyway,
    Im interested in what you think of your findings when you do publish them.

• Like Like x 1
    For me the psychoactivity is as important, or more so, than the physical properties. It plays a large role in keeping my head on straight and that's more important than being able to get out of bed in the morning. But you're right, for some, many from this community, less psychoactivity can be a good thing and having this information available can be valuable to them. [​IMG] 

• Like Like x 3
  4. I like the high too

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sam I wanted to throw something by you
    Remember I made that glycerin by soaking herb and letting it sit with shaking now and then and the use of the bullet tumbler?
    I just opened it after about 6 months and tasted it, it has turned a deep dark almost brownish green and taste WONDERFUL
    It works amazing too, not to stoney, but enough and the pain is going away a bit.
    My question is
    Can I put this in capsules and freeze them and when needed just use two (not overly strong) matbe even 3 caps a dose
    or would it just disolve tha caps?
    I also wanted to add some lectin to help with absorption , but how would I go about adding it and do you think it will increase potency ?

It's not just the high of psychoactivity. It's necessary for my sanity and mental well being which is more important than the pain. I don't get that without the decarb. [​IMG] 

• Like Like x 2
  7. Please remember my sense of humor

• Like Like x 1
    You can put it in capsules but I don't recommend it for any long period of time but maybe a few days before they start to leak and melt. I tried that a few times and gave up. They don't freeze like coconut oil does. I'm glad it's helping your pain.

You can add lecithin but I'm not sure if it will help or hurt. Glycerin is processed by the body differently and in a different area than a lipid like coconut oil or butter. Lecithin is a lipid (fat) which is metabolized near the liver and since it encapsulates the glycerin, it doesn't digest until it reaches that area. I don't really know of the specific zone for glycerin or if it is too late by that stage for full absorption of the cannabinoids. That will be your call but if you use lecithin, you can't vape it later. [​IMG] 

• Like Like x 3
    The "like" was for your sense of humor. The response was sincere and aimed toward the readers. You know me, always a lesson to be be taught. [​IMG] 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Would it be a problem If I started to air dry the first batch while I waiting for the second ?
    I guess I would just add the second run ton the 1 run and continue reducing when it's ready

This info leads to my next question lol

Could you take a few drops from the 1st run ? After an air dry ?
    Or do you think it's better to hold off on sampling untill everything is together ?

How will I know It worked
    Is it like an overwhelming high
    Or more mellow and relaxing sleepy like

Will 5 drops cause an effect ?<<<

Each of my drops is .0019 when it's done <<<

Is there anyway to sterilizer the dropper bottles maybe stick em in the freezer for a little before filling ?
    Or is there no need I guess there will still be 190 proof alcohol in it lol

11. #6951 You6know6how6itgo, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
    By the way just mixed everything together for my first run
    Had the herb wrapped up in aluminum foil
    The bud didnt seem frozen I had it in there for a little over 24 hrs

After shaking the mixed stuff for 5/10 minutes the alcohol felt warmer

This process Is cool

Only bad thing is I had to dump the mixture into another glass because I had a few plastic pieces from a cup I cut down to pour it in. hopefully I didn't loose to many trichomes . I swished a little more ever clear around in the glass I dumped it into to pick up the excess

So in 2 hours or so I'm ready to pull it out the freezer and strain

My mix turned pretty dark green shook it pretty hard
    Put a few pieces of undecarbed in there shook it harder lol

The aluminum foil didn't feel cold either but it was surrounded by frozen food for 24hrs
    That's what I had the bud in . Do you think it was cold enough ?
    Tried not to fondle everything to much . But felt sorta cold when I put it in the grinder to get it a little finer

I think I did everything right
    I compared the original herb to the decarbed herb it was alot darker
    Not really brown hopefully I decarbed properly its the first time I did it

Get your eye dropper bottles ready lol

You can go ahead and start the air evaporation of the first run while waiting on the second then adding the 2nd to it but don't evaporate too much or it just may turn to oil on you. Sure, go ahead and sample it but you'll need maybe a half dropper before evaporation. If you're an everyday smoker then you'll be fine. If you're not, you'll be fine. Blue Dream is a good Sativa for the first time. If you reduce the first run before the sample then do 10 drops. 

The thing about this method is that each run is as good as the other with slightly different properties due to the compounds extracted that are fairly specific to those runs and mainly in body effects. Each run will be the same potency if reduced by half as the total combined extraction except you have only half as much and not the full spectrum. Try some from the first run, then some from the second run then some after you've combined. See if you can tell the difference then come back and tell us. Your homework assignment. [​IMG] 

Sterilize them with some fresh Everclear before use if you're worried about it. I sterilize my bottles after washing and before using and the droppers, bulb and stem. With mini-toothbrushes, q-tips and pipe cleaners.

• Like Like x 1
    Basically, you did alright but you can do better. The foil in the freezer isn't the best idea. A small glass jar is better and can be stashed as stealthily as the foil and the glass can be rinsed out. Pour some alcohol over the inside of the foil to rinse off and you may want to rinse the grinder, too. When you grind after the freezer you will leave a lot of your trichomes behind. You decarbed before the freezer, right? Otherwise that's in reverse order but you're on the right track  Also, after decarbing, your material should crumble up if you need it finer, which you don't. The finer the grind the more alcohol it will absorb and you will lose of your final product. 

Your Blue Dream would have turned a darker green so that's sounds about right at 220F for 30 minutes. [​IMG] 

14. #6954 You6know6how6itgo, Mar 28, 2015
    Yes I decarbed before the freezer . I tried to get everything off the aluminum the best I could banged the grinder out pretty good . Gotta get glasses for next time . You don't think I ruined everything lol ? Hopefully it's still strong ! Gunna run some alcohol over everything and use that for the next run . I hope I didn't mess up the potency. Maybe I should let it sit longer than 2 hrs to get it back. Maybe 3 hrs then strain

• Like Like x 1
  15. #6955 PsychedelicSam, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    I think it's time to start working on a FAQ section of the Index. It should be pretty easy. Then link to the post to save a lot of writing. "Yes, by golly, I think you're right," he whispers to himself, cackling and rubbing his hands together.

Anyone who's read this whole thing and can remember all the minutiae will recall that at the onset of this thread I mentioned the eventual need for both the Index and the FAQ. Little did I know at the time and just captured a fleeting thought turns out to be more than fleeting.

Stay tuned. :ey:

• Like Like x 2
    At the worse you may need a little more reduction but I doubt it. You'll be fine. Don't sweat it. Relax. Take a deep breath.  [​IMG] 

• Like Like x 2
  17. #6957 You6know6how6itgo, Mar 28, 2015

How long do you think it takes to air dry I have a fan directly infront of it with an electric blanket underneath it

I've been watching it for about 20 min and I don't think it reduced its still about 2 oz

Gunna reduce it down to 1 oz and then add it to my second run and continue reducing to a total of 1.5 oz

Also how can I flavor this
    I was reading you used raspberry that sounds good
    Do I use essential oil. Like the stuff in little vials from a vitamin shop

I had a few tastes whenever it got on my hand or whatever it really taste like alcohol lol. Wow shocker. Also has a cool weedy taste I guess

• Like Like x 1
  18. You're in for a long wait. I reduce mine in a dbl boiler and that takes a long time. A couple hours generally. I'd bet overnight at least with your set up.

• Like Like x 1
    It will take a few hours maybe. Check it after a couple of hours if you have it sitting on the electric blanket. Put it away when you go to bed if it hasn't gotten as far as you want then start again tomorrow. 

You want to use candy flavoring if you want to flavor it. Something like Wilton's or LorAn's or extracts like vanilla. Use them sparingly because they can be strong. [​IMG] 

• Like Like x 1
  20. I removed the electric blanket . I couldn't get the fan close enough. Had everything bunched up couldn't get it level. I have the fan directly over it now and can notice a small difference after another 20 mins its been or so. I think the fan being right over it helps . I noticed some trichs or something floating and sticking to the glass here and there I've been swishing it around trying to get it back into the mix .

Now when I add the flavoring
    How many drops of flavoring per 30ml/oz
    I think I read something about doing it after its reduced

My fluid is a light emerald green maybe lime green I even wanna say peridot
    Maybe like a green jolly rancher but a little more translucent
    So keeping it cold def helped with the chlorophyll getting yanked out
    Sometimes when I see a random vid about tinc it's dark sometimes it looks black lol
    Prolly way to much chlorophyll in that