Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Okay. Again, probably a question you've heard numerous times. I only have vodka readily available, so it isnt what you used. Will that work, or is the lowest proof you recommend over 100? Could i go to the store, yes. Do I want to, no. Lazyness just may get in the way. But, if it means a better end product, ill make the sacrific... ;)

If you ever have to wait more than a few hours for a response here then I may have been run over by that reindeer and suffered serious trauma, but someone else will step up. I'm really proud of my team for running with the ball when I fumble. Sorry about the football analogy but it's Sunday so that's what you get. 

We have a few entries here about the Magical Butter machine, somewhere in the last hundred pages, I think. I don't recommend it for those wanting to use it for GD, or anything else, but for someone just interested in making butter or oil it can be good. It leaves a lot to be desired but it works good if you're impatient or can't boil water. 

I do not recommend any alcohol under 190 proof for the best product. Forget the vodka unless it's 151 or above. You can use it but you'll be disappointed and I would use kief/hash for 151 and not bud. There are issues with alcohol that is under 190 proof in getting it concentrated enough to be reasonably effective. If you're in a state that sells the full strength Everclear or Graves or whatever then get up off the couch and make that sacrifice. If not 190, then 151 and sift your bud and use the kief.

The link Stiggy posted for me has guides for making dry ice hash and the kief tincture as well as others. If you're going to make it, do it right at least the first time. Everclear isn't that much more expensive than a good vodka and is often cheaper than other liquors, too, comparatively.  Whatever you do, let us know how it turned out.  :) 

3. #6483 sillimarci, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
    Will do :)

Football is the main reason I dont want to venture far from the couch, and I've been experimenting with different edibles I've made the last few weeks trying to find something that will ease my pain, help my nausea and still be appropriate for "social activities". Im looking more to find my 'dose' and work off of that.... then again, I guess that's why most of us are here now. :)

I live in Las Vegas, so if we don't have 191 alcohol, there must have been a rush to buy it all to make this beautiful creation.

I actually have 5 grams of kief that is in the freezer. It is from the low quality shake I got last weekend. (My dispensary had a killer special on 2oz shake, and I used a mesh filter to pull all the yummy bits! Ended up with almost 10gr of kief, so I dont think it'll be as potent as top-shelf stuff. It wasnt their regular mid-top shake, and it seems like it's an older batch as well, almost like they needed to push it, so they dropped price.... blah blah blah... totally off subject) told you... ADHD is a bitch!

Ill go to the store later to grab some everclear to start the process.

Thanks again Sam, it is VERY much appreciated.

I havent been a member on GC for long, and yours is the only one I've even posted on! But, once I get to an actual computer, I'll throw some 'rep' your way :)

Well, if you don't find it, it won't be because of the rush on sales. You can't buy it in Nevada. You can buy Everclear but it is 151. Looks the same but on the bottle it will say so for now I suggest that you use the kief. If it's old not so potent use 3-4 grams in an ounce of the 151. Really easy and it works great. If that's not strong enough just add another gram, etc. 

Don't worry about "rep". They don't do that here anymore, but thanks. It's the thought that counts.  ;) 

5. #6485 sillimarci, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
    I was just talking about the Everclear with a friend of mine (about this process actually!), and she even said that she didn't think we could get it here in town. (Since I haven't been around long, I assume you are not from the US?)

I'll pick up the 151 later. I happened to read about the 151 method you did, but I was worried about the 'sting', and I noticed you said it wasn't too bad (if I remember correctly?)

Thanks again for all of your help! I can't wait to try this out.

For now, I shall eat my Peanut Butter Fudge I just made.... Yum! 

Edit:
    I just did some research on the Everclear and found out it's only prohibited in a few states.... Really Nevada?

6. #6486 PsychedelicSam, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014

Take a trip down to Kingman to pick some up. It's not a long drive. You can get it in Arizona but I think Kingman is the closest to you. All alcohol will sting if used sublingually but 151 not as bad but there are other ways to use it. But use the kief for it. It's so simple. 

I think it's 11 states that don't allow it and Nevada is one, as is California, Washington, Ohio, Florida and a few more. Enjoy your fudge.   :) 

7. Hey Sam did you ever pop anymore blue jewels beans yet

I haven't had the time to do it. I've been working on the topicals and that's keeping me really busy so I haven't had the chance to do it. Maybe someday. Need some seeds to grow instead of feeding to the dog?   :rolleyes: 

9. #6489 Honokiol, Dec 22, 2014
    All files moved into folder linked in next message.

It was all to FUBAR for me.

10. #6490 Honokiol, Dec 22, 2014
    National Lampoon Radio Hour ( Season 1 Episode 6 )
    Christmas Around The World
    Broadcast on 12/23/1973

Cut into tracks because it seemed like the thing to do at the time.
    You might want to down load it and run it through something that
    can handle individual tracks I'm taking both down after Christmas,
    sorry I need the room on my drive.

and

National Lampoon Radio Hour ( Season 2 Episode 58 - Season 2 was cut to only 1/2 Hour }
    Christmas Show
    Broadcast on 12/22/1974

In a single file.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0By6WKG2TkmLERWtpS0l6MnV6dmc&usp=sharing

P.S. Stiggy if you can fix this mess and put it back up some how, please do. 
    I feel like it was an accomplishment just finding it and getting it this far.

We have 6 of our 9 girls still alive and 5 of those reverted and back in veg.

12. Best I could do​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl5x61V8Qgo
    I have no idea what files you loaded or how to display them either Sorry

13. #6493 PsychedelicSam, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    2a180b9282bbdca10c723011c65f1c6a.jpg

14. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5voJxjGAP8&feature=youtube_gdata

15. They are mp3 audio files, kind of like music but without the video. 
    I cut the older one up into tracks like a CD ( after vinyl and before iTunes )
    I used Audacity to do it bit don't remember how to put it back together and
    google drive is not being helpful about playing them.
    sorry my brain went all mushy on us.  I use to be able to figure it out. 
    did it a lot not to may years ago.

16. I think Google changed they way people can download their files audio as well as Pictures
    I can not longer download music or Pictures from google (think they locked the software up so people aren't stealing their files
    Not sure, but I did notice this about 6 months ago with Jpgs files
    Youtube search may find individual files that can be played not sure, My mind too wonders quite a bit now.

17. #6497 PsychedelicSam, Dec 23, 2014
    2016-8-funny-christmas-cartoons-pictures.jpg

18. Sam The last toon is so true
    Christmas has become so so so commercialized these days
    HO HO HO
    MERRY CHRISTMAS
    To All The Followers of Sam....

​

When I click the file and the screen turns black there is an arrow pointing down near the top of the black at the center of the screen that is the down load button.  I didn't lock the files.  The prohibit downloading is a user option I havrn't been using.

20. #6500 PsychedelicSam, Dec 24, 2014
    eb05b094312bb6d0f59542d28dfe12ae.jpg