Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Infused hot sauce on a pizza made with canna oil in the crust and a bloody mary on the side. Sounds like a good meal

2. #5522 Honokiol, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
    Update - Frozen Berry Kefir:

Tastes better with Agave-GD than GD-Original Formula.

Maybe that was why I liked the dust well enough to do that more than once....

I still drink Virgin Marys when I can find a good one,

4. I've just taken another sample to the lab and should have the results tomorrow. This one is from the original heated reduction and has been sitting for 3 months. If this follows the pattern of the natural sample then this one should be almost completely decarbed. We shall see.  :) 

5. I'm going to try a new experiment and if it seems to work, I'll put up a guide for it. I'm getting ready to make an infused glycerin soap using a glycerin/shea butter soap base from the craft store. The one I got holds the additives in a suspension for even coverage instead of them settling to the bottom. In this case the additive will be my infused glycerin and maybe some infused coconut oil and whatever other essential oil I decide upon.

You may wonder why I'm wasting my time and product on soap and I can only tell you that it's a matter of desperation. I am getting pre-cancerous lesions popping up all over my skin and I need to find a way to reduce that trend. I have a lot of glycerin that I seldom use and if I can use it to reduce the skin issues then that will be a good use for it. It could also be good for other skin issues as well. 

I'll keep this updated as I go along.  :) 

• Like Like x 1
    I had a bar of soap that had cannabinoids in it once that I won in a raffle and liked it.  I hope it works for you. 

Have a headache right now, it's been with me all day on the right side of my head, probably a Bruxism issue.  I'll put some 5X on it in a minute and it will be better for a while.  Thank God the world left me alone today.

7. I sometimes wonder if one was to take just fan leaves (after being aged Natural Decarb) and just made a plaster out of them with some mineral oil or a carrier and then applied this paste to the affected area a few times
    a day. Kinda like the old mustard patches.
    Would be very easy to make a batch of paste and then just apply with the bandage idea Sam talk of eariler.
    Feel better Brohs.

I bet that would work fine. That's what I was referring to, in one way or the other, when I mentioned it. My dad used the mustard plasters quite a bit. That's a poultice and I think the leaves would work well for it. I'll keep that idea in mind when I have to start doing it for myself.  :) 

9. #5529 STIGGY, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
    Sam using the word Poultice
    Nice  But showing our age again LOL
    I bet Hono is trained on the uses

10. Hey sam, my gf makes lotion bars that are coconut oil, shea butter, beeswax and glycerin. I use it as deodorant because it stays on my skin that long. I can get you the recepie if you'd like to try it

11. #5531 Honokiol, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014

Trained?  Not really.... I use more tinctures and lotions because they are fast easy and convenient.

Poultice is a great answer for a lot of health purposes, when I do use a poultice it is usually a tincture placed on something absorbent. Remember a Cannabis poultice does not need to be decarbed to be effective for many health issues Encl. Pain and some Cancers.  Fresh leaves steamed to the temperature you would want a shower or heating pad at (+/- 118 Deg. F. ) may provide better coverage at lower cost and be more soothing to the patient than re-hydrating dried leaves.  I would be inclined to try a moisture safe "Wet/Dry" heating pad over fresh leaves in a wet use application.  Sugar leaf may work better, place the side with the most Trichomes against the skin.  Much of the magic of the Poultice is heat and moisture opening the pores of the skin making it easier for the medicine to cross the border. 

The soap Sam is about to make will work in a similar manner to a poultice.  In the shower the hot water will open the pores of the skin helping the medicine get in.  Strength of the soap and contact time with the skin will limit the size of the dose.

Native American Poultice making methods should work fine if you want to read old books. 

https://archive.org/search.php?query=Echinacea

or modern rewritings of the old "Free" books.  Look in the tourist trap at your local National Park, Forest, BLM office etc... for the rewrites.  Traditional Chinese, Iranian/Arabic, African, European..... poultice making methods should also work equally well.  An impressive number of plants from all of these traditions especially those that were used to both fight diseases and treat pain contain compounds that act on the cannabinoid receptors, some times there is more than one compound.

I think I'm learning about cluster headaches by observation today.  What felt like Bruxism yesterday feels like a Migraine today.  The way migraine can interact with sleep disorders allows the one headache to potentially trigger the other.

12. #5532 STIGGY, Aug 3, 2014
    What I really meant was that you were trained in the application of Bandages, compresses and such.
    without giving to much info on your past.
    But that answer is better

13. #5533 Honokiol, Aug 3, 2014

I was a combat medic trained for duty with the US Marine Corps.  MOS 8404
    Estimated 3 second life expectancy in a fire fight at the time. 
    Vietnam had just ended so I never saw combat or a war zone, but I was trained by survivors of that war.

Spent my last year +/- working on the rifle range in Marine Corps Boot Camp. 
    They did a lot of hand to hand combat training there too.

I've done Emergency Room work in two hospitals, 1 military 1 civilian. 
    Didn't really care for ER work and left direct patient care around 1981 because of it.

Lots of this stuff did bad things to the PTSD issues I brought with me out of my child hood, especially the hand to hand combat training.  I was just supposed to be watching in case some one got hurt.  Most of the DI's knew what a dead medic was worth in a fire fight and gave me all the training they could get away with.  All that crazy rattling around inside my head, and they teach me to kill bare handed.  Not a great idea looking back.  Thankfully I never disassociated and used the training.  Still scares the willies out of me that I might some day or worse hurt my wife during one of the nightmares that go along with the PTSD and the sleep disorder.

Let me see if this melt, mix and pour method works first. That's about the extent of my abilities right now. If it does help, then I'll look into something better. Thanks, Nate. I'll let you know.  :) 

There's a Native American drawing salve that I've got to get my butt in gear to make. I keep forgetting but now I have the motivation and need for it. It contains bloodroot and a bunch of other herbs I never heard of but that are available in the local yerberias.  :) 

16. Hers is the same, melt in the double boiler, than freeze it to harden it all up.

Hope the soap works, I'd like to try that some time as i want to make my own soap

17. Hono you are not alone in those nightmares
    I guess it's just the ways of Man.
    Maybe some day we can all live in Peace, but until than man will be forced to self destruct himself and all that he touches.
    I try to think Happy thoughts but we know how well that works
    Peace Brothers and Sisters

18. #5538 Honokiol, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014

I don't mind the nightmares.  My trouble starts when they spill out into the real world.
    It is a little like what this guy is talking about. 

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/play_full.php?play=361&act=1

I've injured my self and hurt my wife during nightmares dreaming that I was fighting the bad guys...
    Some of us have gone missing on cruse ships, sleep walking and fall overboard.
    Some of us wake up at a murder seen, thank God I haven't yet.

My sleeping pill is supposed to keep me from doing this kind of stuff in my sleep and so far it works, or at least I haven't hurt my self or my wife in my sleep since I've been taking it..

19. Well, I just used the soap and it's not bad as soap. I got the shea butter formula and added about 20ml of infused glycerin, some vanilla extract and then swirled some blue food coloring in it. It lathers well and doesn't turn to mush and it didn't leave a film on my skin like I expected might happen. My skin feels better than after most of my showers. I lathered and then turned the shower off for about 5 minutes before rinsing. I'm not in as much general pain as I was before but that could be due to a bunch of reasons. I only made a small bar but I'm happy enough with it to carry on with it and see if it helps. When I'm able I'll pick up some essential oil and I think I'll use some infused coconut oil from the depletion batch when I run out of the glycerin.  :) 

20. Peppermint and lemon are 2 of my faves together for when i make lotion. You could possibly try adding some turmeric to it as well, i know its healing for the skin topically. Taken internally it has anti-cancer effects so I'd say its worth a shot.

Just don't stain yourself too bad lol