Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. I emailed them because i couldn't find anything about needing a license, at least for 4 gal worth. Hopefully i hear back soon

2. So, has anyone thought of making Dragon popsicles? I'm going to have to write this quickly because I did think about it and have just tried the results with what appears to be a rapid onset. I was trying to find a cool treat way to take a dose of GD other than a drink, a quick refreshment of some sort. I was making a glass of Tang at the time and decided to try the concept in one of the just vacated ice cube slots so I filled the cube with the Tang then added 8 drops of GD and stirred it in. I didn't know how much the alcohol would lower the freezing point but I was pretty sure that just 8 drops wouldn't affect it too much. 

I just pulled it out and crunched on it and it was not only delicious but seems to be a good way to get your dose fast. Now I think I'll get some popsicle molds and make some real ones. You can add whatever dose you want. I think only about half as big as a regular pop because you wouldn't want it melting too fast. Anyway, that's my brainstorm. Whatcha think? [​IMG]

3. Sounds Great
    What about a GD snow cone
    get some shaved ice and add GD to what ever flavor you like best a drizzle away

That's a possibility that I thought of and would work but it's not as convenient as a popsicle. A good snow cone needs a lot of syrup and tends to get messy before it's finished. With popsicle molds you just pour and freeze and you can make several at a time to have whenever the mood moves you without having to shave the ice each time. If you have a shaver and syrup handy then it would be a good idea for a change. That's all this is...a little change of pace, a novelty, keeping it interesting to the taste buds.  :) 

5. Both sound like a cool, tasty treat!

Sign me up for one of each.

:smoke:

6. #5486 STIGGY, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2014
    Here you go Sir
    Next.............

7. Well, more great news today. New xrays have found spinal sclerosis in my lower lumbar region. Don't know what that means other than trouble and probably more tests.  :unsure: 

8. #5488 STIGGY, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    Man Sam you never get a break
    Hope its OK
    Is that curving of the lower spine
    or narrowing of the spinal cord region?

No, sclerosis, like multiple sclerosis (MS), Lou Gehrig Disease (ALS) and others like cirrhosis of the liver but mine is probably vertebral. It's lesions, or hardening, of tissue and can do nasty things. I also have stenosis in various parts of the spine but that's a narrowing of the spinal canal that restricts the spinal fluid. 

Still early, don't see the doctor for a couple of weeks, don't know what it means but I do know that from what I've read so far it could explain the recent pains I've been experiencing. Last night I was awakened in the middle of the night after heavy medication by a sizzling pain that ran from my waist all the way to my toes all the way down and around my right butt and leg and foot. Not fun.  ;) 

10. I get that pain too
    I never followed up on it with Doc
    The pain starts in the small of my back
    (feels like a hot bullet or poker)
    than it travels along the outside edge of my leg, down past knee and into my foot
    The only relief I get from it is to twist my lower spine and hope it pops back into place
    Sometimes the pain lasts for days, but it does go away but always comes back
    I feel for you, I don't know what I'd do if it never went away
    Very Painful indeed
    Feel Better, and keep on keeping on

It'd be nice if mine was only along the outside edge but it's that whole side of the body from the waist down.  :) 

12. I'm thinking about you Sam. I hope you can get this figured out.

:smokey:

Thanks, Jojo. Getting all the info is the worst part. I'll be alright once I have the facts and can then decide which way to go. Knowledge is power.  :) 

14. #5494 Honokiol, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014

Should work with frozen berries and Kefir or Yogurt if you want something ice cream like. 

I use an immersion blender in the glass I'm going to eat it from, a wide mouth mason jar works for a glass if you want.  Fill about 50% full with the berry you want to use small like blueberries works better than big hunks of strawberry if you use an immersion blender.  Fill the jar with enough cold  Kefir or Yogurt to cover the berries by about an inch or two above the berries.  Add your dose of GD and blend.  If it is too watery add more frozen berry.  Taste to see if you need to add sweetener.  Should come out like soft serve ice cream.  You can eat it in a cone if you like it that way and did it right.

If you use fresh Salal and Kefir it jells like a pudding or something if you don't eat it fast enough.

All berries blend better when Frozen!

epically Salal and Blueberries.

15. "Knowing is half the battle"...GI Joe....
    Morning Sam...I've been following things as I'm able. Time and tides. You've been on my mind for a bit so I had to stop in and express my sympathy for your constant struggle...man, you can't seem to get a break :confused_2:  
    I also want to thank you for teaching me/us "how to" make the GD. Teach a man to fish..... :metal:  It continues to work very well and the process has smoothed out considerably.
    I'm out here....just working thru it.....
    take care,
    H

There you are! I was getting ready to pm you to see if you were okay. I know what you mean about following things as you're able. I'm riding in that boat, too. But we all have our little battles and mine are no more numerous or severe than a lot of people and I've probably brought most of it upon myself. I think of everything now, whether good or bad, as just a moment to experience another point in life and I no longer place much importance on the individual actions once they've happened and instead, adding to the fullness of any wisdom I may have collected along the way. It just sounds like a lot happens to me because I journal it here in hopes that my travails and the cannabis treatments that I try will help others in their own search. I know that there are a lot of people who have the same or similar issues to all of those that I have but just don't admit it, so maybe my words can help open some eyes along the way. 

I definitely feel better that you're out there and I believe that I can say many others here feel the same way. I appreciate your support and best wishes, but you know that. What I appreciate even more right now is that you've called. And I'm really pleased that the GD is working like it should and, even more, that you're getting comfortable with it. 

I'm not going to get into even worse news but leave it with saying that it looks like cannabis oil is going to be my main emphasis over the next few months and I'm working with a grower in your neck of the woods in depth on increasing his bioavailibility in his high CBD edible line which includes his oil so maybe I'll learn a few things as well as teach. He just started with Cannatonic or Harlequin and is on his fist harvest. He also grows the Indica version of Trinity and a landrace Columbian Gold. It's kind of fun to be a consultant.  :smoking: 

As you can tell, while my body may be messed up, I'm still not at a loss for words when it comes to discussing this work we all have been doing for the last couple of years. Even now, if I can find a comfortable spot for a few minutes, I can belt out the words. I'm afraid that at times I get a little too evangelical but such is life. We all have our soapbox. 

It's great to hear from you, HJ. Stay in touch when you get the chance. I hope you're finding some quality time with your critters. I wish I had one now, but maybe a little smaller than yours.  ;) 

17. Good luck on your journey sam, i think i know what you're getting at :/ Im with HJ, GD has changed my life. I remember telling myself ehhhh maybe ill try it one time after taking a look at this thread. Who knew it would lead me down the road it did. I've learned so much and have helped people get better and thats all i ever want to do with my life.

Sam, i have a half OZ of some high grade shake im going to process. Im looking at trying the method of decarb you've discussed in the coffee can in the car. Can you refresh me exactly on what you do? I believe it was leave it in the car on a hot day but can't remember

18. Thanks, Nate. Heck, this thread has changed my life as well. Remember, I've discovered a lot of this stuff at the same time I've been sharing it with you all and the feedback I get is priceless, so thank you.

If your shake still needs some decarb, break down any little budlets and place it in a metal coffee can (I used a Whitman's Sampler box for my little experiment), then place it in the windshield or back window of the car in the sun. I live in the desert and it doesn't take long for it to get to 150 inside the car then it's just an hour or so until the reefer was ready. You may have to adjust your time there in your latitude and longitude. Use you're knowledge of decarb to determine when it's ready. This is something that I hope to someday have included in the decarb study. Let us know how it worked.  :) 

By the way, did those waterlogged plants survive?

19. We're supposed to have a mild rest of the summer so it may be a few hours time in there no doubt. I wanna do some mixing with ABV to see how they work together.

I went to put the plants into.my plots i had setup about 3 weeks ago. Got to the spot only to find out the raised pots either washed away or were taken, my guess is washed away. So no harvest this year sadly unless i can find someone willing to let me grow indoors with them

That's really too bad about your plants. The first time I planted it was in a national forest and I had spent a lot of time prepping the ground only to have the rabbits, deer and birds wipe out the whole thing. I was going to enclose it in chicken wire but didn't get the chance.  :(