Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

That is why I enjoy talking to you about such things.  You help me process complex information.  ;)   I need someone who can provide the counterpoint.  Remember your counter point improved my understanding of Vit. D3.  I also gave argument in favor of your position through a different known pathway and personal experience manipulating the pathway in the context of Cannabis.

2. #4782 Honokiol, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
    FOO!

Redundant

I was going to say that you'll see longer periods of the clarity as it goes. I'm having you do it this way so that you can see the action that takes place during the process. The next time you can use a higher heat source so that it will go quicker. It should be about ready. Do you smell alcohol still when you take a deep breath. If the oil is starting to break up, you can think of measuring what you have left by just pouring it in your original measure. When you have the same amount, or slightly less, infused volume than the amount of agave you originally started with then you can pull it if you want.  :) 

4. #4784 Honokiol, Apr 19, 2014

Have confidence.
    The foo comment was another broken redundant post I couldn't figure out how to get rid of.
    You're basically great just like the rest of the family you have gathered together here.

I'm using a glass 5 oz. measuring cup to do the reduction in.  I'm at just over 1.5 oz right now.  I've been using a battery powered "Milk Frother" to do the mixing and I think the oil is going back into the sugar but it is not quite there yet.  It is still Boozy and I can see an alcohol fog above the liquid when I use a flash light to look.

I just put the frother into it again and it is starting to thicken back up.  Not bad for watching a process happen from 1500 miles away. :hello:

5. Ever watch The Tic Stih?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FYDfRowv8yM

Put the frother away and start scraping down the sides. That frother is going to collect the oil and you'll have a hell of a time getting it off. Use a small silicone spatula or something like that. If you want, place your glass in a hot water bath to boost the heat. Place a towel or cloth under the glass, though, so it doesn't break. Get the water to a light boil. It won't take long after that, a few minutes. But forget the machinery. It doesn't need to be frothed, just lightly worked. That personal touch. You've still got a half ounce to reduce so turn that baby up and get it over with. You've seen enough of the action, now you just need it to finish before bed. Your mug warmer must be cooler than mine, which only takes about 2 hours.

I have to lay down for a while, can't sit up any longer. I'll check on you later.  :) 

7. #4787 Honokiol, Apr 19, 2014

Ok  It is reduced to +/- the original volume of the Agave.  That was just a little weird.  I didn't  see when the medicine came together but I assume it is as you said it would be.  I'll check in the morning.  I finished in the double boiler, should have started there.  I'm letting the glass, pan and water cool as a single unit so I don't loose it all to a piece of broken glass ware.  Got the Water to boiling but the Agave medicine would only boil when I was stirring it.  The pan, crummy angles and boiling made it a little hard to watch what was happening.

For a man who poo poo's bioenhancers you sure picked a good one. I didn't taste again until I was done and took the last drops that wouldn't fall from the silicone scraper.  Quite a boost for a few (2 or 3) drops.  I almost compared it to the GD it came from but that wouldn't be fair.  It was a boost to what I already had on board.  I suppose it is 1/3 stronger.  I keep forgetting the math and that I just concentrated again.

I've got some lab work to do tomorrow so if I don't see you in the morning I'll look in the afternoon.
    I should titrate once before I put it away for the next headache.

This is now "The Trinity Test Site"
    Should I load the bomb with 1/4 cc of the Agave-GD?

9. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26YLehuMydo

10. #4790 STIGGY, Apr 19, 2014
    Ah The Tic
    I love David Puddy

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Now I got it.................\\
    You are a closeted Super Hero
    No wait That's Sam?

11. #4791 Honokiol, Apr 19, 2014

Sam came out a long time ago. He wares his jamies in public now.  Even posted a picture of him self in them here at GC.

Got my fuzzy slippers ready for a trip to cartoon land when we light the fuse here at "The Trinity Test Site" and test Oppenheimer's ( Oops didn't mean to out you in public like that was Sam! ) new bomb.  Planning to roll "It's The Easter Beagle Charlie Brown" first then selected Bugs Bunny shorts.  Having an Easter rabbit for dinner tomorrow and we need to set the mood.

Probably should put on a pair of those snazzy purple hospital P.J.'s my self for the night just in case I wander away from the test facility when I shouldn't.

It's not a problem, Stih. If we ever get too far ahead, just tell us to slow down a little and maybe explain something better for you. I hope you realize that you're a valued member of our team and if you need support of any kind, we'll be there for you. 

I think we can tell by now that you do like pictures.  :)

13. #4793 PsychedelicSam, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    I just saw this and thought you might find it amusing. It's a Grateful Dead Psychedelic Sam Patch. Might make a good avatar from time to time, but this is not associated with me. Don't need any copyright infringements. :smoking:

BTW, I predate this so maybe I should ask for royalties.

"FREE Handmade Grateful Dead Psychedelic Sam patch giveaway!!"

Grateful Dead Psam patch (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).jpg

14. I always wonder what you looked like in those younger years

15. #4795 PsychedelicSam, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    testinprogress_zpsd6d5f30b.jpg

Infused Sucrolose/Maltodextrin
    (Splenda)

16. #4796 STIGGY, Apr 19, 2014
    This is only a test
    If this had been an actual emergency