The NugLab

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by NugPufr, Sep 4, 2012.

1. #1 NugPufr, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    What up blades. Been on the grind since my last journal a year and a half ago. Farming the whole time and just took a 4 week break to wait out the heat of the summer as well as a switch over to hydro from soil. Still going to be running some mothers in soil however.

I got the itch to journal again since I am making a major switch from soil to hydro I figured there will be a lot of useful information to disseminate.

I'm going to be running Flood and Drain in veg under 800w MH and UnderCurrent RDWC in flower under 2kw HPS for the main show. Flower room is CGE with AC and C02. Some breeding projects to continue in soil.

House and garden aquaflakes for my base nutes in hydro and a myriad of other nutes for my soil plants.

I have a bunch of genetics going and on stash so I will provide info as it becomes relevant. Strains that I have currently live include:

completed:
    TGA Chernobyl
    TGA Ace Of Spades
    RP Purple OG 18
    RP Kandy Kush
    RP Sour Kush

Active updated 5/12/14
    from commercial breeders:
     Rez Chemdawg IBL
     G13 Labs Pineapple express
     Mr Nice Afghan Haze

NuggLab creations:
     Cheese x Chemdawg
     New England Pine x Chemdawg male
     GroundZero x Chemdawg male
     Wild Afghanistan genetics

Other GC members
     AK47 x Kens GDP(From GnS)

Should be an interesting journey so without further delay lets start the show...

2. #2 NugPufr, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    Here is my veg lab:

TGA chernobyl clones in veg

cherno_veg2.jpg

cherno_veg3.jpg

Cherno_veg1.jpg

1/10th HP chiller

veg_chiller.jpg

added 2 20 amp circuits. more to come

panel1.jpg

2 400w ballast and a 600 which is not in service just yet
    panel2.jpg

3. #3 NugPufr, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    Still need to tie up some loose ends in the flower lab as well as hang lamps but you can get a peek at the UC sitting idle and my 60 gal top off res.

UC1.jpg

UC2.jpg

UC3.jpg

1/4 HP chiller for UC sits outside of flower lab.
    14chiller.jpg

4. I saw "lab" and I was enticed, I will sub to this!

5. And to thank you for stopping by here are some macros of my NewEngland Pine:

nep1.jpg

nep2.jpg

nep3.jpg

nep4.jpg

nep5.jpg

6. Here is some Pine I got going out side right now. These pics are from two weeks ago. As soon as it stops raining I will take updates pics to show just how quickly this mainly sativa buds up.

nep-out1.jpg

nep_out2.jpg

nep_out3.jpg

7. Man that pine is dank! Is this a strain you bred yourself or a cut only clone or something?

8. Subbed, love to watch the switch & all that it entails.

9. NewEngland Pine is an F1 hybrid created by myself and a buddy of mine about 11 or so years ago. We recently discovered a lost stash of genetics and of the ones that we were able to germ we found this gem. She is clone only since she came from a lost stock but the plan is to find the right homozygous male to mate her with and produce something stable.

The Father:
    I think about 14 or so years ago now we created a local strain called New England Skunk by selective inbreeding of a dutch skunk hybrid(TFD Real McCoy) to produce an IBL suitable for growing in the NE outdoors. The result was a stable mainly sativa line that bred true for fruity smelling and fast flowering. We named the strain NE Skunk and passed seeds around to our people far and near. We kept a male from the F5 for breeding as it proved to pass on the quick flower as this was our main goal back then

The Mother:
    Buddy of mine visited Jamaica and went on a quest for the dankest herb he could find. That turned out to be no surprise, some herbs called "Pineapple Skunk" We knew through our research this was not an official strain but a street name given to dank herbs in jamaica.. He brought back seeds and grew them to find one of the frostiest plants we had ever seen. He was kind enough to let me pollinate a few lower branches with my NES.

Seeds got stashed and passed around over the course of 10 years after that and recently we found a few packs to try and resurrect. NewEngland Pine is the continuation of a journey and lots of hard work, determination, and LEO avoidance endured by myself and my comrades over the course of the past 14 years.

10. And here is the Pine today 2 weeks later. Told ya she was a fast girl.

nep_out1.jpg

nep_out2.jpg

nep_out3.jpg

nep_out4.jpg

11. So I have to say I am really liking the House and Garden nutrients. Using sunleaves grow rocks instead of hydroton as well and all is good. Not missing dirt yet!

HG1.jpg

Chernobyl has been in the table for 6 days with roots just starting to hang from the rapid rooters and now just yesterday they have found the outside of the netpots.

cherno_roots_1week.jpg

12. Damn... this is pretty awesome. Sub'd for more. Also nice to see an NE grower.

13. #13 Chubbylove, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2012

That's what I use. I haven't tried the Nitrogen Boost, Magic Green, or Amino Treatment yet, but I'm using everything else along with Great White. This is what was recommened to me, gotta go get some more Drip Clean, then I'll ask about Molases. I follow a local shop owner's advice. He's kinda a Johnny Appleseed around here. I give him as much of my business as possible within reason.

Not sure how you feel about ebay, but I got 20 liters delivered for about $95. Seems the flakes are more spendy.

14. :yummy: pulling up a chair, obviously subbed.

Really looking forward to the chernobyl, RP Sour Kush, and
    rez's Chemdawg IBL.

good work thus far!
    keep it green :D

15. I still don't know how you guys have grows and post online without any kind of worry. I would suggest to everyone that's reading to not get temped.

16. Well it would be very time consuming and costly(not impossible) for law enforcement to just pick a grow, track down the server outside of the US and get the logs(if any exist) to get your IP adrress(if you're not using a proxy) to a location that may or may not have a grow going on. Add in basic security measures(vpn, proxies) and almost impossible with just state resources.

No state has the manpower or resources to be doing this type of work. Especially in my state where the max penalty for growing/selling/possessing under 50lbs is a misdemeanor with a max 2 years sentence that a first offender would never get.

17. Contemplating full rezzy change vs top up and ppm adjust.

The full change seems the safer bet but also more costly and time consuming. Topping and adjusting ppm to desired is definitely easier, especially since it took a week to stabilize the PH. But there exist that chance some nutrient or mineral is being used up quicker than the rest and could lead to deficiencies.

I need to roll up and marinate on this a bit more....

18. Some local purps from a buddy.

purp_nug1.jpg

purp_nug2.jpg

purp_nug3.jpg

19. It's always nice to switch up. I pulled out some Trainwreck today. Are you using Drip Clean?