The NugLab

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by NugPufr, Sep 4, 2012.

1. I wonder if we crossed paths yesterday unknowingly. I stopped by the rally for about an hour. Good times.

2. #42 NugPufr, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2012
    It was a good time. I finally got to hear the great Dr. Lester Grinspoon in person. Barney Frank was also there and spoke for some time.

Here is a picture that was posted to my fb this morning.
    I'm pretty sure its shopped cause people were blazing the whole time but I can assure you there was a serious haze fog over the entire common.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. [quote name='"NuggPufr"']It was a good time. I finally got to hear the great Dr. Lester Grinspoon in person. Barney Frank was also there and spoke for some time.

Here is a picture that was posted to my fb this morning.
    I'm pretty sure its shopped cause people we blazing the whole time but I can assure you there was a serious haze fog over the entire common.

[/quote]

Hahah thats classic! Good rally seemed like a good time 4sure!

4. We're voting to legalize here in Wa. this Fall. I believe it has a great shot. . I've seen a huge change in public opinion. This would send a strong message to the Feds I want to see an avalanche of States following suit, I feel we have momentum.

5. Transplanted the AOS and POG18 into their final homes.

Will be running General Organics line to nourish these plants in an amended soil mix. This is a vegetable based organic line. I have run side by side of the General O vs Fox Farm vs Roots Organic and my conclusions are that while foxfarm grows plants the fastest, smell and taste were subpar to the organic lines. Roots organic is extremely raw and takes a long time to become available and plants grew very slow. The GO line provided the best mix of growth rate, smell, taste, and overall plant health.

The soil mix I am using is:
    1 Part FFOF
    1 Part Sea compost
    1 Part Promix HP
    1/4 part alaskan humus
    2 cups lime
    1 cup epsom salt
    Myco Madness
    Extreme Gardening Azos (nitrogen fixing bacteria)

This mix should provide a haven for bacteria. Since the GO line is based in cane sugar and alfalfa meal, most of the nutrients are available in the form of sulfates. These sulfates require bacteria rich mediums to properly break down and become available nutrients to the plant.This bacteria dominated solution then naturally breaks down other nutrients and contains specifically readily available nitrogen. This aspect leads to tall and vigorous plants.

aos_branching.jpg

aos1.jpg

aos2.jpg

aos3.jpg

6. 2 years worth of bulb use.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Shrubs are getting bushy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. #48 NugPufr, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2012
    So separate from my outdoor grow of known genetics, I also have a little area where I spread seeds that got mixed up during sorting. This is also the same area I dump all my used soil. I never care for plants in this area, I just let nature have her way with them. I had not checked in on this area in some time when there was just a bunch of little runts there. Go back there today following my nose as I can smell dankness wafting through the area and know it is not from my main outdoors as that is further down the hill. Get there and there are a bunch of tall and bushy but very early stage flower ladies, and one very big beautiful single cola plant just chillin near the edge. Cant believe I had not noticed this thing here all summer. It was leaning so bad from the weight I had to stake it up. This thing smells like funky ass candy. Like someone farted on a apple jolly rancher. OMG so sticky and smelly you dont understand how happy I was to find this!

byd7.jpg

byd6.jpg

byd2.jpg

byd3.jpg

byd1.jpg

067.JPG

byd_macro1.jpg

byd_macro3.jpg

9. What kind of camera/lens are you using to take the close-up shots? I'd imagine its more than just a simple point-n-shoot

That looks excellent!

10. Thanks man

Camera is a Canon 7D.

For those macro shots I use a canon MP-E 65mm. It is a dedicated macro lens that can take some ridiculous shots.

For the regular shots I switch between a Canon 50mm 1.2f and a Canon 28-135mm that came with my camera. I also have a telephoto for shooting the crazy wildlife around here.
    I took this photo of a hummingbird in my backyard last year

[​IMG]

11. Thats awesome. I have a 'beginner' DSLR in the Rebel XTi and a 55-200 telephoto as well as a wide-angle, but all on the lower end of the scale fr capabilities, etc.

Considering getting a macro lens, for shots like yours, but having a hard time justifying spending that kind of $$ on a lens that I'll likely never use outside of my grow room.

I dont know how some people take shots by flipping their telephoto around or putting their camera right up to their loupe. Damn near impossible to get the focus/etc correct.

12. At day 11 of 12/12
    I can't even begin to describe the growth rate I am seeing. Go back to when I flipped 11 days ago and these things were barely 13 inches tall and not very bushy. Now they are full blown shrubs. I upped the PPM to about 800 House and Garden and full strength on the big bud in my top off res. This will slowly feed into the UC as the plants drink water throughout the week. UC is now just on monitor mode. Just need to check the PH daily and make sure it is in the sweet spot.

One very interesting thing I am noticing is that the chernobyl I have in soil has reached budset well ahead of the hydro cherno. There are two possible explanations for this.

One is that the soil plants are older plants and have been vegging much longer than the hydro plants as they were the clone donors.

The other could possibly be due to the nutrient makeup of my mix. I was thinking since I had only went 1/4 strength on the bigbud there was not enough P-K to help initiate the flower process in the UC. This is speculation but is the reason I have gone full strength on the big bud. We will see but I am hoping the reason is just the first I listed.

Here are the pics at lights on today.

uc_cherno1.jpg

uc_cherno2.jpg

uc_cherno3.jpg

13. BB is cash money. That's all I'd grow if that was my thing, crazy yeilds & a crowd favorite. Loved your commentary on the out door score, killer crazy good. Can't wait to see what your BB does.

14. oh my bad I meant advanced Big Bud bloom enhancer. I do agree that bigbud strain is that cash crop though. I have seen a room full of it, all rock hard nuggs the size of a child's fist. Never grown it though.

15. "Like someone farted on an apple jolly rancher!" You had me rollin, always a good day.. when you find out the mystery bud is dank.

16. Hey man i like your hypothesis, my guess Would be the more mature veg time. But im just another stoner :D

But i like brain stormin.

Girls look excellent, and i have a NLxbb and she yeilds good! And a powerful punch that really surprised my tolerance.

17. Oh yeah, wicked humming bird shot. Nothing says art When your tune with natures finest. Kudos.

18. Yeah thats a good camera to start with. My first was a rebel T2i. The lens is more important than the camera though. When you have the funds to start investing in some quality glass it will be worth it. Then if you stick with canon when you upgrade you can use the lenses on your new body and not have to buy a kit.

Good day indeed. I really need to get going on inventing smellavision. The pictures just dont do it justice. Thanks for stopping in Misse.

Love nature. Sometimes I just sit outside with my camera and some herbs taking pictures of animals that wander by. Have taken some crazy photos in the past couple of years. I love to photo but cultivating the sacred herb is my favorite!

19. 12/12 day 14

Had a problem with my top off res springing a leak. So I lost that plus 60 gals of expensive nute water. fucking shame but at least I caught it before I had 60 gals of water on the floor in my lab. Will hand top off until my new res comes in.

Bud set has started in the hydro cherno. soil still way ahead though in flower development though.

cherno_uc_w3_1.jpg

uc_cherno_w3_2.jpg

uc_cherno_w3_3.jpg

uc_cherno_roots_w3.jpg

cherno_soil_w3.jpg

cherno_soil_budset_w3.jpg

20. I hate having that feeling knowing that my shit is not at 100% so I went ahead and took care of my res issue. New res installed, leak checked, and filling with rodi water. I added a 250gph pump to recirculate the water in the res as well as an airstone.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• res1.jpg
      res1.jpg
      File size:
      257.5 KB
      Views: