The NugLab

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by NugPufr, Sep 4, 2012.

1. There is no doubt they are collecting the data. Deciphering/un encrypting all of it is a different story. When you mix all of the traffic on the internet together, legitimate and nefarious, they can barely keep up with terrorism let alone some people growing herbs in their basements. It even says 99% of the data they collected in Stellar Winds were pizza order type communications. They would need to be sniffing you directly and if that is the case well you are already fucked. It's just not an issue I worry about a whole lot. I'm more concerned about keeping my electricity bill in check.

2. Yeah I have a circle of guys we all trade buds and clones cause we all have our own breeding projects going so good to get grower feedback.

I have not used the drip clean or any other additives other than the Excelurator. Trying to run close to base on my first run with some bloom boosters in flower and see where it gets me. Have you ran HG without it previously? I know its supposed to prevent salt build up, what is it derived from?

3. Subed:) p

Setup looks great man, i love all the goodies. Should be a good one to watch.

I like H&G but only if your running their whole line up...and Well that shit is pricey...

If your just trying to go base this run...look at heavy 16 nutes...they have an A and B thats it...and have all the elements mj needs..all in the base...compare it to H&G A n B and youll see H&G dosnt.have.nearly half of what heavy 16 A has.....thats How they get you...i ran heavy with calmag and potash plus...in late flower. And have excellent results.

I know longer am hydro..and doing full Organics..but my plants didnt look like they need' anything while i.was growing with heavys.

Drip clean is mainly made of a patassium...very lil..it helps with salt build up mediums or hoses...and if you use tap i think it brings the cal levels down...

4. thanks for the insight man. I was supposed to have a whole lineup of the current culture nutes(same guys that make the UC) but they did not come before I started to veg so I picked up the HG. Supposed to be here on monday so if that is the case I will run it when I start to flower as I am interested in seeing how they perform.

5. Thanks, I'm open to new ideas, being new. The H&G stuff works well for me, makes it simple, but as I learn more I may want to try different stuff. My buddy uses a local shop's A&B & a bunch of other brands, you name it. I thinks he shops the clearence isle. I got a good deal on A&B from ebay so I'll be using it for at least a couple more grows. I also worry about taste, know a guy that grows donkey dicks, but his own family won't smoke it.

6. [quote name='"NuggPufr"']thanks for the insight man. I was supposed to have a whole lineup of the current culture nutes(same guys that make the UC) but they did not come before I started to veg so I picked up the HG. Supposed to be here on monday so if that is the case I will run it when I start to flower as I am interested in seeing how they perform.[/quote]Right on man, Ill be watching.....i know this isnt your.first.rodeo:) ...Nice genetics too!

[quote name='"Chubbylove"']

Thanks, I'm open to new ideas, being new. The H&G stuff works well for me, makes it simple, but as I learn more I may want to try different stuff. My buddy uses a local shop's A&B & a bunch of other brands, you name it. I thinks he shops the clearence isle. I got a good deal on A&B from ebay so I'll be using it for at least a couple more grows. I also worry about taste, know a guy that grows donkey dicks, but his own family won't smoke it.[/quote]heavy 16 did Well for me...i dont go by name brand but whats it in and.made from....

H&g is.cool But for as just A n B grows i highly recomend something else or youll run into problems..they only put enough then you have to add something else from their line up to correct it...just more money in their pockets.

Final phase is a good flushing agent to use...it brings out more flavor at the end of Harvest as your flushing your mediums....if you dont over.feed during the whole flowering phase and you flush the last two weeks...you should have good tasting buds.

Also if you want better tasting buds...come chop time...cutt all big major fan leaves off...and hang the whole plant upside-down with a fan on the bottom floor...dont touch your buds...just chop...clip fan leaves and hang...wait 4-5 days...and then trim...youll be amazed your potency, taste, smell and bag appeal When you trim dry Ftw! Lol

7. #27 NugPufr, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
    Got the flower lab up and running.

Video of the undercurrent in action

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80iOJrH97bI&hd=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80iOJrH97bI&hd=1[/ame]

8. So the Chernobyl is at 13 inches after 2 weeks in the Flood table. UC was ready so in they went last night and flipped this morning. I think I let them get to tall but we will see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are my dirty girls. Bunch of chemdawg IBL and chernobyl clones. All previous clone donors.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. TGA Ace Of Spades is vegging up nicely. Some very distinct smells this early in veg is promising. Also check the trich production on the leaves so early. Sure sign of a good resin producer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Here is the Cultured Solution nutrient line I was graciously given to test and provide feedback on. Cleaning my flood table and res for the next run which I will use these to nurture Chemdawg IBL.

These were designed by CCH20 specifically for DWC systems. I won't really be able to compare to HG because I am not running that full line but I should still get some idea.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. That is pretty much my method already minus the fan. Not sure if it increases potency but it does make appearance great. I have found humidity and temperature are the factors that affect my dry/cure the most. as long as I am at 70f and 50-55% humidity I get a nice slow dry that last about a week, then into the jars.

12. #32 Luc1fER, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2012
    Nice update man ;)

Those are cool as pics u threw up at the aces of spades...she does look a good sign of a awesome strain.

Killer basement setup, i wish i had concrete floors:mad: lol

Hows the ibl chems smoke?

I have some Chem91 x skunk#1 in veg right now...hoping shes yeilds good with skunk and has alot of chem traits in quality.

Those nutrients sound legit...im just glad im done buying bulk nutes...my first Organic Harvest water only is in 3 weeks so im really excited on taste compare.

Now that i have my two rooms on a flip flop..im gunna hang and dry them inisde my rooms for a week since i have much better ventilation in there. ;) :cool: Thanks man. Im looking forward to more of this.

13. #33 NugPufr, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2012

thanks man.

Chemdawg IBL is some decent smoke. Not the most potent herb I have blazed but it is smooth and funky. The mother pheno I kept branches heavily and produces lots of super dense bud buds. The smell is the most unique attribute however. Smells like rotting meat when flowering but then starts to pick up hints of garlic as it cures. I am most interested in finding homozygous males however so I am running some test x'es now to see what type of offspring the male I kept produces. I know it has the structure, just hoping it passes that garlic funk smell and it is dominant.

We will see about the nutes. There is not a lot of information on them out there but what I have founds is positive.

Im diggin the SIP setup you got going as well. Hydro has put the fun back into growing for me but the potential ease of maintenance on that is intriguing. I'm sure I'm just one of a shitload of people watching that journey.

14. Killer set up, wish I had more room. I come out of my room stinking like a skunk from rubbing against the buds while I'm thinning. Ace of spade looks very hearty, looks a little like the Afgoo I have going. Can't wait to see some flowers in a week or so.

15. [quote name='"NuggPufr"']

thanks man.

Chemdawg IBL is some decent smoke. Not the most potent herb I have blazed but it is smooth and funky. The mother pheno I kept branches heavily and produces lots of super dense bud buds. The smell is the most unique attribute however. Smells like rotting meat when flowering but then starts to pick up hints of garlic as it cures. I am most interested in finding homozygous males however so I am running some test x'es now to see what type of offspring the male I kept produces. I know it has the structure, just hoping it passes that garlic funk smell and it is dominant.

We will see about the nutes. There is not a lot of information on them out there but what I have founds is positive.

Im diggin the SIP setup you got going as well. Hydro has put the fun back into growing for me but the potential ease of maintenance on that is intriguing. I'm sure I'm just one of a shitload of people watching that journey.[/quote]

Ya know, i cant upload videos right now Cuz my Internet is too slow on my phone..but ill get a look this weekend.

Where are you keeping ur test Xs at? And How many beans did ya go thru to select that male? Im hoping they got the more of the funky smell too man..we were just discusing this on my thread..and do you always make sure your male has hollow stems, for good Thc production traits? Or maybe Its just what your looking for yourself in a male? But i Would think the male Would add more potency to the cross?

I dont get too many followers or perhaps i do and they lerk alot...but i have a few that chat up with me...and i like good educated grow/science convo anyday.

Thanks, im def excited about the SIPs...just Cuz im seeing hydro growth in Organic soil and its cool to see...plus iv.never had a automated system..and alwsys loved RDWC or the Ebb n grow systems. Organic always intrigued me but i was a lil imtemdiated at first..went the hydro way...and knew.in my gut soil was for me. But my buddy wanted hydro. But heres to a wonderfull winter Harvests! :)

16. I ran two packs of these overpriced rez chemdawg IBL beans to select my mom which came from one of the initial twenty, then I chose a male from that as well(hollow stems are a trait I look for in a male) to continue my selection of the line. Myself and a buddy then ran 40 each of those seeds over the course of last summer and into the winter indoors specifically looking for the best male which ended up being a beautiful plant that we thought was going to be female the whole time. That is the male I chose to pollinate my Pine and GroundZero with and now those offspring are in a different room I have for seedlings and clones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. Wow, thats a stud in a sexy skirt!

That male looks prettier than alot of girls i see! I hope hes the ones!

Awsome lil boy! :smoke:

18. Prepping some ammo for the Boston Freedom Rally today.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. Five days of flower have been completed. The plants are growing out instead of up just as I had hoped after the single topping in veg.

These plants were barely rooted clones merely three weeks ago. Roots have exploded in the undercurrent.
    PH of the House and garden nutrients has been much more stable than in the F&D rez. Running my PPM's at about 700 full strength H&G and 1/4 strength of advanced BigBud.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

20. [quote name='"NuggPufr"']Prepping some ammo for the Boston Freedom Rally today.

[/quote]
    Nice! Iv always wanted to go to Boston! Way chill!
    [quote name='"NuggPufr"']Five days of flower have been completed. The plants are growing out instead of up just as I had hoped after the single topping in veg.

These plants were barely rooted clones merely three weeks ago. Roots have exploded in the undercurrent.
    PH of the House and garden nutrients has been much more stable than in the F&D rez. Running my PPM's at about 700 full strength H&G and 1/4 strength of advanced BigBud.

[/quote]

Wowzers! Im glad H&G is doing good.for ya man...thats one beautiful root ball! Kudos nugg!