Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Grasscity.com 420 Sale - 25% Discount

400 watt or 250 watt hps

• Please log in to reply

still smkn

still smkn

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
does anyone have a 2x3 growroom and if so what size hps is best ty

Similar Topics: 400 watt or 250 watt hps     x

Metrohunter

Metrohunter

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

does anyone have a 2x3 growroom and if so what size hps is best ty

With adaquit ventilation a 400 would rock that place. I bet you would have less heat issues with the 250. Get a digital ballast and both lamps
And see what works best. I started with 400 and pushed it up to a 600. But my area is 4x2x5. And I have extreme negative pressure and almost an airlock seal.

RooRgle

RooRgle

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,530 posts
I have 2'x2' tent, I run my set-up in a closet without a way to bring any cool air in. My temps stay around 76-80 degrees with a 250w hps with a cooltube.

If you can get your tent connected to an ac vent and have a 350-400cfm exhaust fan pushing that warm air out, I don't see why you couldn't run a 400w light, if you're not sure about temps look into a digital ballast with a dimmer. My ballast can dim the watts down to 150-175-250-& 250 super lumens....just get a 400w dimmable ballast and you can bring it down to 250w if the temps get too difficult to control. Later

:bongin:

still smkn

still smkn

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
im running a 4 inch 80 cfm venting out doors and a 2 inch blowing air in but the cfls are running very hot but my reflector is almost as big as the room trapping heat its homemade so if i get a better inline fan it should cool it off better also the hps hould have a smaller hood so that should help to right

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users