MMJ doctor in Connecticut?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Dimerolle7, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Does anyone know where I can find news on Dispensaries opening up in Connecticut and where I can find a doctor to prescribe me this as mmj has just been leglized here.

2. What's connecticut?? And most doctors don't "prescribe" mmj they give you a recomendation

3. #3 hurb1, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2012
    Do you have a serious condition like aids or cancer?Just wondering because this law is extremely restrictive and fail, its basically discrimination against different forms of pain, and suffering. Im also in CT

4. Anxiety, insomnia?

5. Connecticut is a state next to new York city

6. [quote name='"yeskasmoketoke"']What's connecticut?? And most doctors don't "prescribe" mmj they give you a recomendation[/quote]

Are you shitting me

7. Yes I was shitting you...didn't know you where next to new york though

8. I'm from CT...I'm looking for a doctor as well as my dad has cancer...not sure his oncologist will be open to providing him a license

9. :laughing::laughing:

10. Dr Major in Monroe is who I went through. She has an office inside the St Vincent's Walk In Clinic. $150 for initial and $50 for renewal. Just have to bring your medical records to prove one of The conditions listed. I have epilepsy. Just received my card in the mail yesterday. No dispensaries in Ct yet, but there are a few in Rhode Island when RI instituted MMJ, they made it OK to give reciprocity (basically they will honor) out of state cards.

It's called the Edward O Hawkins and Thomas C Slater Medical Marijuana Act.

11. There will be no dispensaries in CT. The Medical system in CT is going to much different then the California system. Only a few (literally less then five) will be producing medical cannabis on a commercial level. These places will then ship their products to pharamacys. Jan 1st 2013 is the day CT will come out with the rules and regulations regarding medical cannabis. From their, applications can be filled out and licenses will be handed out to the select few as early as summer 2013, so it will be a little while before the system gets going.

12. Your just talking about licenses for dispensaries though. I already have my MMJ card. Just no legal place tO buy it yet.

13. I am looking for a "Connecticut-licensed physician" that gives PTSD evaluations, preferably somewhere between Norwalk and New Haven. I don't know where to start looking because I really don't trust randoms anymore after what I've been through. So cold-calling through the directory of physicians is out of the picture.

feel free to PM me if you think that you might be able to help

14. Im speaking about the licenses that the cultivators need to obtain(there will be no dispensaries). Once the select few obtain them(Uconn-west harford is one), then they can start growing, and only after they start growing, will they be able to give their product to pharmas. Basically what im saying is..its going to be about a year before there is actual places that will sell medical mary jane to patients with their MMC.

15. According to the state there will be dispensaries next year (if applicants pass the SUPER strict requirements.

From what I saw on the FAQ section pharmacies will NOT be dispensing MMJ. But the dispensaries MUST have a pharmacist on staff to dispense.

The state is no help with questions beyond they plan to open 3 dispensaries to start (with a max of 10)

New haven
    Groton
    Hartford

16. Yes CT's Med laws are not good, not patient friendly. I believe patients should have the right to grow their own or select a caregiver. Rumor is current users are going to get some government herb from Kentucky. <--- anyone confirm.

17. I've been getting mine from RI. They honor CT MMJ Cards and are much cheaper than here. Good strains and high quality as well

18. Which place in Ri do you go to? I also have my mmjc in ct, and was looking to get some

19. CT has not listed any info as regards to where the dispensaries are going. How do you figure New Haven, Groton and Hartford?