Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hemp Wick?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Blowing on Sour, Aug 30, 2012.

1. don't forget a couple thousand feet of extension cord so you can carry it around with you outside on a cloudy day

2. Oh, I get it. You're trolling us for some reason....?

3. that youtube video you link to is sweet! I used a hakko like device before and it seemed fine. I think everyone just has their own preferences. they are all good methods in my opinion, each with their +'s and -'s. Happy Labor Day weekend?

4. [quote name='"Friendlybear"']this is the hakko I use. changed my whole smoking experience. super clean

[/quote]

Oh god...you didn't take the metal off? I hope..for your own sake...you're trolling. But some people really are like this...

5. I could be wrong, but would a Hakko even work AT ALL to ignite a bowl if the metal soldering tip assembly were left in place? I'm not going to experiment, but....

Yeah, I think Friendly was being sarcastic.

6. [quote name='"tstick"']I could be wrong, but would a Hakko even work AT ALL to ignite a bowl if the metal soldering tip assembly were left in place? I'm not going to experiment, but....

Yeah, I think Friendly was being sarcastic.[/quote]

It would I think, would still get hot, but yeah please don't experiment =p lead is no bueno.

Inert ceramic on the other hand is virtually identical to using a glass rod.

7. Just got my sample today!

I love this stuff!

8. I hope NOBODY is using a Soldering Iron to light their bowls. It might have residual lead and tin on the tip. Even new irons are pre-tinned with solder at the factory. Not good to get metal poisoning.

9. edit...nevermind

10. [quote name='"stevizzy"']I hope NOBODY is using a Soldering Iron to light their bowls. It might have residual lead and tin on the tip. Even new irons are pre-tinned with solder at the factory. Not good to get metal poisoning.[/quote]

Oh come on. You aren't serious are you? When people say soldering iron, its assumed they've removed the metal tip. That's ridiculously obvious. Its just inert ceramic after that. No residual lead, no residual tin. The almighty and all expensive herb iron is literally just this. Get a hakko and don't freak.

11. I ordered some Humboldt hempwick last week. Can't wait to try it out, everyone says it's the shit. Butane tastes like crapstains.

12. I love hemp wick. Wrap it around my lighter.

13. so tired of the hakko trolls

14. [quote name='"Friendlybear"']so tired of the hakko trolls[/quote]

You're tired of yourself? :confused: I dono if I have a good solution to that.

15. my favorite part about hemp wick is that it isn't nasty like a hakko aka soldering iron. I know people that use hakkos- to solder with! hahaha

16. [quote name='"Friendlybear"']my favorite part about hemp wick is that it isn't nasty like a hakko aka soldering iron. I know people that use hakkos- to solder with! hahaha[/quote]

Congrats! I know people that solder too. I'm also intelligent enough to know they solder with metal ;), not ceramic.

Also, the soot is a bit nasty. I don't have any of that :wave:. Using a hakko is like cherrying the whole bowl, its as if you didn't start lighting it at all

17. While I LOVE the taste of classic combustion with hempwick, I definitely say you can taste your herb much more supremely with a hakko/herb iron. And yeah a Hakko is 100% safe to use as long as you A)take off the metal soldering tip and B)Let all factory oils burn off the inert ceramic heating element before use. Follow those steps and youre set!

18. do you understand that the metal tip is not used, but rather the clean, inert ceramic heating element within? that there is no metal anywhere near the weed?

i assume you do and are just trolling.

19. He's trolling. It's been explained enough times for him to know better.