Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hemp Wick?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Blowing on Sour, Aug 30, 2012.

1. #21 YoSmokinMan, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2012
    Health-wise its about the same as a butane lighter.

When butane combusts it breaks down to H2O and CO2. Both harmless in the amounts we breath.

Most butane is not pure and doesn't fully combust. Resulting in all kinds of carbon and soot and shit.

The same with hemp rope. It's definitely not a clean burn. Produces the same kinds of undesirables as a lighter (bic).

But the taste is better. That's why I use it. No health benefits.

Torch lighters filled with purified butane are probably the cleanest way to use fire. A blue/white flame is combusting the tane pretty completely.

Cleanest way would be solar hits closely followed by glass rods/irons/vapes/etc.

I wish hemp wick was some magical shit way healthier than a bic but the fact is it is not.

But remember you're combusting plant matter so any differences are going to be negligible. Pick whatever you like and go with it.

2. friendlybear, discrete packaging? on the hempwick?

3. Hell yeah! My 3 packs of bee line came in today and I used it for the first time, needless to say I can't see myself using a bic anytime soon :smoke:

4. I have 70 feet of it :p

5. Any luck for us Canadians?

6. A hakko is $80-$500..:eek:....now my hemp wick cost $10...looks like these blades found out they could get it for free....:confused_2:

A hakko would be cool though, used one a while back, enjoyed it :bongin:

7. it came in a plain white envelope and didnt say anything on it about what it is.

8. im opposite i bought a few feet used it for a week. and now? i have almost all of it left and never even touch it, its just waxed yarn to me now. the after smell sucks and burns your nose as well as imo makes the weed taste like burnt rope. FUCK HEMP WICK. if anything use your lighter then just keep it cherry or get a fucking hash rig and hit hash off a nail.

9. hahaha. to each their own

10. [quote name='"tstick"']Hakko>Hempwick>Bic[/quote]

This sums it up nicely. Its a lower temp so your herb is actually more potent (less actives destroyed through combustion). However a hakko is even lower temp, its like cherrying your way through an entire bowl start to finish.

[quote name='"RooRgle"']

A hakko is $80-$500..:eek:....now my hemp wick cost $10...looks like these blades found out they could get it for free....:confused_2:

A hakko would be cool though, used one a while back, enjoyed it :bongin:[/quote]

Where are you looking? My hakko was 30 bucks brand new, works like a charm and doesn't run out or need refilling.

11. yeah, when I want to smoke outside I just run a long ass extension cord so I can drag my soldering iron with me. NOT. smoking with hot metal is so stupid. I love glass rods and mag glasses but heated up metal is completely retarded IMO. when you add the beeswax to the hemp, the beeswax makes the entire wick burn CLEAN. Thats why people use beeswax candles.

12. When PURE butane combusts, then that's the case. But if you think that Bic, etc. lighters are using high-grade butane in their disposable lighters, then think again. And, again, it takes less than a minute to prove it to yourself....Just take an ordinary spoon out of the kitchen drawer and hold a flame from your Bic lighter underneath the spoon. Now, look at the black soot on the spoon. Is that CO2 or H2O?

Solar hits>Herb Iron/Hakko/Glass rod> Hempwick>Bic

13. No open flames burn clean, friend. Do a soot test. Hold your Hempwick flame under a spoon. You'll see soot buildup on the spoon. That's pollution. That's unclean. It may not be butane-based soot, but it's still soot.

Yeah, electrical lighters are at a disadvantage outdoors. But it's pretty fun to try solar hits on a nice sunny day. That's the cleanest of all possible ways to light up a bowl.

14. it's like saying, one you go black, you never go back........same applies with hemp wicks

15. thats not soot. if it was, it would continue to build and build on the surface of what you're burning, but it doesn't. with hemp wick, you're smoking cannabis with cannabis and not cannabis with metal.

hemp wick>hakko

anything>hakko

16. Love hemp wick. Shit makes smoking way nicer. Get some, its very inexpensive

17. [quote name='"Friendlybear"']yeah, when I want to smoke outside I just run a long ass extension cord so I can drag my soldering iron with me. NOT. smoking with hot metal is so stupid. I love glass rods and mag glasses but heated up metal is completely retarded IMO. when you add the beeswax to the hemp, the beeswax makes the entire wick burn CLEAN. Thats why people use beeswax candles.[/quote]

Metal? You're utterly misinformed. Its inert ceramic. Don't read something and assume you know what people are speaking of.

[quote name='"Friendlybear"']thats not soot. if it was, it would continue to build and build on the surface of what you're burning, but it doesn't. with hemp wick, you're smoking cannabis with cannabis and not cannabis with metal.

hemp wick>hakko

anything>hakko[/quote]

It IS soot. What in the world do you think it is? Its a hotter temp, and while perfectly healthy, destroys more terpenes (impacts taste) and more actives (impacts potency).

You've also never ever tried it, so I don't know why you have such a strong opinion. There's no metal involved whatsoever, so please don't pretend you have with the comments you've been making. With hempwick, you're smoking beeswax, hemp, and cannabis. With a hakko, you're smoking cannabis, and that's all.

18. Friendly,

If it's not soot, what is it then? CO2 or H2O?

HA!

19. this is the hakko I use. changed my whole smoking experience. super clean

[​IMG]

[​IMG]