BWS,strictly soil...organic dirt road journey

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by bucketswithsoil, Aug 28, 2012.

1. First off,would like to say Thk u to everyone on here at GC, (momma), especially...(along with those links,some VERY GOOD people to follow/read up on...

Let me start by saying I've gotten 4-5 harvests under my belt,but nothing crazy...they have been all dirt,from clones mostly,a few seeds (recently)..I have 2 rooms, a 4x4 8 ft high,400 MH. Flower room 1000hps, almost double in size,(have a AC Unit,pumping in there,can get warm), these is a indoor opt..

Mostly grew my clones in 44oz,cups for a few weeks,then repot in 3 gallon plastics, or a 5gallon bucket, veg a little longer,then would move to flower,(would clone 1st usually).. soil is all organic,along with some other additions/nutrients, (all organic).. (well list ingredients later)

Now my first run ever wasn't that bad,started them out in 5gallons,and they end that way, 1000mh start,1000hps finish,and I thought I had did pretty decent,even my friend that got me all set up was even pretty pumped for me, ( I've had a lot of cichlids/aquariums, and I'M ALL FOR ..LITFA,just like a aquarium), less is almost always best,(at least for me)...

So after digging around I was under the assumption,that MORE PLANTS,MORE DANK, no is the case after lurking on here for so long (as well as haveing less numbers,I'm sure the man doesn't like that)..so I've gotten really into going ORGANICALLY STRIGHT... On my couple of first runs,I had all this shit,bud builder, this,that..and after slowing weening myself from the PR,of chemicals, (ohhh and jerry), I said the Hell with all those,I'm going basic,and simple...so that's where I'm at today...

I've been looking and reading,researching...and the Hell with all these chemicals, ill be sticking with all the organic goodies...I would love some feedback positive and or negative, I have and are running a.few.different strains,from a few differennt bank,as well as the ones my buddy started me off with...here's some pics,and the beginning of a long post/journal...

Super skunk,(can't remember which.bank at the moment)
    ForumRunner_20120827_192407.png

PineappleChunk (barney farm)
    ForumRunner_20120827_192616.png

TangerineDream (barny farm)
    ForumRunner_20120827_192759.png

Sterling Haze (nirvana seed)
    ForumRunner_20120827_192920.png

Purple butters (clone.from friend,that's what he said it was)
    ForumRunner_20120827_193103.png

Jock horror (nirvana)
    ForumRunner_20120827_193238.png

Chrystal (nirvana)
    ForumRunner_20120827_193356.png

now these are females from moms I cloned, again from a friend, 2grapefruit haze(maybe a *og kush*, of some sort he wasn't sure which,is FIRE THOU,),and 3 *banana dawg* again this is what he said,THEY WERE CALLED..
    ForumRunner_20120827_193513.png

Again what my buddy was telling me, *purple urkle*, and possible *G13*( not sure if its a TRUE g13, maybe a pic or 2, and one of you could tell)..
    ForumRunner_20120827_193809.png

The TD,PC,were Femz seeds from barney,along with the seeds from nirvana,JH,CHRYSTAL,STERLING HAZE..super skunk was a freebe, and the others I have had going,just keep clones of them, GOOD SMOKEING SHIT,had a harvest of the jock,and chrystal,wasn't to impressed (Indica spoiled/couchlock), did have a decent white fly problem,not sure if that had anything to do with the quality but I wasn't all that impressed....

So this is the 2nd round with the nirvana seeds,...those PC,TD,from barney been vegging from seed since,7-7(first week of Aug), gonna snag some clones from them,then throw into flower,wanna grab a few from them,if they turn out to be KEEPERS,along with that super Skunk...

If anyone else has any input on these strains,or the ones.my.buddy gave me, the purple butters,purple urkle,banana dawg,grapefruit haze,let me know..THESE ARE MY KEEPERS FOR SURE,at the present moment..

I know those jock and chrystal,don't look so hot,I used some REAL CHEAP ass soil,(and that was a no no), as they look rather lacking, let the remarks/comments fly...LOL

Well that's good for now,don't.wanna ruin my first/start post,with a bunch of.nonsense...so let me know what you all think about the BWS set up...

Now I'm bout to order some new beans,since I have some extra coin...decisions decisions...:)

Again,thks GC,and this place is a water fountain of KNOWLEDGE..

2. what's your soil recipe?

3. ForumRunner_20120828_082525.png

Basically my soil, (which I can't remember what company/brand,but its pretty good, was useing "farfield" before that), but those above nuts,along with some EWC...not sure the exact mix at the moment, I have it jotted down back at home....

But that's where I'm trying to learn FROM ALL THE BOSSES ON HERE, trying to expand and get the soil,super good...learning about the bone meal,alfalfa,and other goodies to use as well,that's why I finally started a thread/journel,so I could get as much feedback (negative and or positive), that I could get...so if you or anyone else,has any input,fire away,I'm pretty thick skinned...LOL, thks again GC

4. Small scale grower here,so don't mix up to much soil to begin with...so here's the menu, again this is what I got from a friend,again,just wondering what u all think, and or can help me out with,adding this, and or takeing out that...here's what the mix consists of...
    Fafard(blue bag) 2.8cuFt
    Espoma garden lime (2 handfuls)
    Espoma garden wilder (1 handful)
    Espoma 2Cups, bio-tone starter plus
    Entire bag EWC, (smaller bag)
    1/2 bag cow manure...
    Espoma garden tone, 1handful...

So my question is, would this be a "ok" mix to use?
    Should or is there anything else I could add,that I should of already?

Just wanna get some info/feedback on how you all think I'm doing, I've been reading up on the heavy hitters,and soaking in all the info I can...

How,do you guys apply the alfalfa meal?, directly in the soil(just dump in)?, made a AACT, that had molasses, EWC, and alfalfa( I set it on a screen and basically sifted it to get all the really fine stuff) , and dumped it in with the molasses and EWC...

Should I just stuff it in a "stocking/panty hose" and bubble in the mix, or actually ADD itself in there....again don't wanna go nuts with questions,even thou I have a bunch,again why I started this thread..is this ok,to start a thread here,and ask questions?, if not maybe a mod can/will move thread....

Again thks for the help ladies/gents...heck if no responses,LOL, I can just keep on reading...LOL
    THKS GC..:wave:

5. Found it!
    Niiiiiice....

6. So glad you figured out the picture hanging part. Took me a while.

The soil needs enriching. For right now, you will need to make some kind of tea for those plants. Like make a bubble bucket with a fish tank aquarium pump and bucket of water, put a handful of alfalfa nuggets in it and a 1/4 cut pf Earth Worm Castings. Bubble it for 24hours. Feed the plants with it.

7. Have done this once or twice before, (the bucket and pump), I'm curious,when you say "alfalfa nuggets", are you meaning ....say like rabbit food ,and just actually throw them in the bucket?, or perhaps in like a "stocking", and just let it suspend in the water? , just was wondering? Thks momma :wave:

8. ForumRunner_20120829_191609.png

Or would this work as well, this is what I dumped on a screen ,and got a lot of the powder/fine stuff....just was wondering.if this would work as well....

Also is the above mentioned,the correct way? Or should I cram a bunch in a stocking/panty hose,and let it suspend in the bucket...just wanna make sure I'm correct on the method..thks,and all feedback is greatly welcome, thks everyone..

9. Got some goodies for my soil today,I'm thinking I'm going the correct way....one question is,can you just mix up your soil mix,and drop/throw ya plants right in.....or do you have to let it sit outside for a while like I've heard...the few times I've did MJ own mix,I've thrown them right in (clones I mean), but again this mix was WITHOUT these newer additives...so let me know what ya think,about the additives....thks everyone...ohhhh what the Hell,here's pics....
    Goodies...:)
    ForumRunner_20120830_211632.png

View attachment 969119

ForumRunner_20120830_211829.png

ForumRunner_20120830_211751.png

10. And yes this is my first attempt at a sCroger...could of let them vegg longer,and as well,maybe made the screen a little smaller...but no worries,ya live and learn...I have some getting ready and some that are a little behind....any info/comments is mega welcome,thks

11. Hey, BWS, nice line-up. I'll follow along for the ride. Good luck. :smoke:

12. The alfalfa variety I use is horse feed pelletized alfalfa. I drop it in the bucket and bubble it, the stuff breaks up into the water and makes 'tea'. If you add EWC's to it, it becomes more bio available for the plant; but too much can be bad, I usually stick to just 'teas' and not with the ewc, unless the plants look like they need a boost.

The soil mix needs to be mixed up and it needs to sit for a while after a full denching. Like a month. It should be ready for when you transplant. Go light on that blood meal, it's great but it's strong stuff.

13. Pearl75, thks for poping in,I'm sort of new here and didn't want step on any toes with,me keep bumping my thread..LOL, just appreciate all the feed back I can get from you all.:wave: ....thks for stopping by and stay tuned from time to time if not that busy..

Momma, thks for the info,so would the alfalfa in my above pic,not be worth useing,should I try and find those "pellets", you were mentioning?, as well as how much pellets do u put in,?how much water in what size bucket/container...:D( sry for all the questions,but you did tell me to fire away :p) :D, and on the soil thing,I see you said *needs to sit for a while after a full denching.* is this a Mistype if not would you mind telling me,what you are meaning by that?... Also ,so you are saying its bad,not a good idea,or ok, to mix up your soil mix and just throw them right in?, is letting the soil sit out a must?....

Well don't wanna hound ya to bad about all my questions,plenty time for that :eek:

I am takeing on down today to start ya drying method,and make from to slide some fresh ones into flower..:D

Well here's a few more pics of what's coming up and what's going in..thks everyone for the info and feedback..

14. Well I apologize,for some reason useing the GC,app on my phone i can not upload pics at the moment, not sure what's wrong,this is the exact way I posted all those other pics...ill keep trying sry bout that..

15. #15 bucketswithsoil, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2012
  16. I believe you put that in the middle of these

17. #17 bucketswithsoil, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2012
    well just a little update,getting ready to clone a few tonight, (actually a handful), chopped one down today (purple urkle), as well as move a few from vegg room , to flower room...as well as some pics of things in progress and getting closer to chop,a couple within a few more weeks...not the best pics, and im far from ACTUALLY knowing what im doing..YET..:D...thks everyone
    (urkle)
    [​IMG]...

these were called *banana Dawg*
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

urkles on the come up..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i was told these might be G13,the bigger budded one up front
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

wouldnt mind any feedback positive and or negative, been battleing some whitefly problem as well, you prolly can tell from the pics..used to be WAY worse went i spilt out of town for a little bit(surf was killer in PR thou:D)

again thks for looking, and let me know what ya think, if ya have any time..thks again:smoke:

18. well got pretty busy later in the day,so the clones will be getting cut tomorrow, did mix up a load of soil...a 3cubic ft bag...here was the load...
    2 handful garden lime (espoma)
    1 handful garden sulfer (espoma)
    2 cups bio-tone starter plus (espoma)
    4-5lbs EWC
    20-25lbs cow poop...
    now this was my basic mix prior to reading on and looking around here on GC section organic...and seemed to work pretty good for me...so i also added..:D
    2 handful garden tone (espoma)
    1 cup plant tone (espoma)
    2 TBS blood meal (hi yield)
    2 TBS bone meal (hi yield)
    4 TBS bat guano (P)
    4 TBS seabird guano (N)
    splashed soil with a little *liquid karma*
    splashed soil with a little *maxi crop*...
    tried to find some kelp meal,but the place was sold out, this soil ive been useing seems pretty *loose/airy*, but im gonna throw in some perlite as well just to be safe...well what do you all think???
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

thks for looking:wave::smoke::bongin:

19. ForumRunner_20120903_214912.png

ForumRunner_20120903_214955.png

ForumRunner_20120903_215040.png

ForumRunner_20120903_215117.png

ForumRunner_20120903_215207.png

ForumRunner_20120903_215245.png

ForumRunner_20120903_215326.png

ForumRunner_20120903_215408.png

ForumRunner_20120903_215455.png

ForumRunner_20120903_215601.png

ForumRunner_20120903_215645.png

In order as pictured above..
    Tangerine dream ( took 3 clones)
    Pineapple chunk (took 4 clones)
    Super skunk ( took 3 clones)
    Jock horror (took 4 clones)
    Chrystal (took 3 clones)
    Purple butters ( took 4 clones)....
    Usually have pretty good luck with clones,reason I don't take megas,as well I was wanting to get these into flower to make.sure they are TRUE FEMALES...
    got my clones looking pretty good so far in there little home...
    As well as thinning out my vegg room some, and adding all those new ones to my flower room...so I'm curious to see how this dank turns out, gotta hope they are true ladies first and foremost....

Well that's enough from me...hope everyone is doing great..

20. Buds look great, man! Looks like you got a full plate too. You have a lot going on at once. I'd be trippin' over myself. :p