New grower,need T5 advice

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by ItsyaboiCO, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Gotcha! Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #42 SitnSpin, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
    I would use Discount Hydro in Riverside, Ca.  You probably will not find it cheaper, with a great warranty and fast S/H.

If I had my druthers, I'd buy the 4ft, 8 mixed bulbs Bad Boy.  8 bulbs is plenty for any closet grow.

I would get the bad boy because of the better ventilation it has.  My 2 cents!

3. Thanks for the advice! Trying to work with what I got!

4. Hey JT! Did you have a question for me?

*sub'd*

5. Just wondering what went wrong with my babies! Lol. Check out the other pages with my pics and info and feed me tips/advice!

6. Well I noticed GTG helping you out on those pages and assumed he covered all the bases. There isn't much I can add unless you have a specific question or maybe if you need to know how Id do something.

7. I'm just going to let these babies grow!

8. Jus ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393995798.922842.jpg
    Just turned lights on and this is room temps during lights off.

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394036410.715400.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394036478.890656.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394036520.108702.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394036699.869691.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394036843.072499.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394036918.608382.jpg
    3 plants. 2 pics per plant. One looks good the other two are iffy! Any idea what's wrong? Or should I just let time tell?!

10. The droopiness looks like it's over-watered.  LITFA = leave it the fuck alone lol  One of the best bits of advice a new grower can receive (though also one of the hardest to follow)

11. Thanks! I haven't watered since I transferred into new soil and mini flushed the MG soil the roots had carried along. Just curious about the yellow and browning the two plants

12. You soil also looks like it could be too hot for them seedlings! The first leaves (little round ones) are already dieing, mine stay atleast till 5th set of true leaves, alls I can say is leave them alone and don't use whatever soil that is on seedlings. And btw I would never use any miracle grow products! Seen so many people lose many plants to MG products

Peace! 👽

That's the burn from the MG.  Just let it dry and LITFA

14. LIFTA was the best advice I ever got given

15. I finally read on time release fertilized soils and fertilized soils period were terrible for your seedlings about 2 weeks after I planted! Then I immediately transferred to FFOF. So I'm hoping soil isn't going to be an issue anymore! Hopefully these babies will perken up in the next few days!

16. LITFA JT damn. How hard is that?! Lol hard when I just want to sit in my closet and watch this whole process! 😁😜 oh well. Thanks for the advice guys!

17. Are those seedlings two weeks old?

18. And I spend around 15 mins with each plant a day doing LST and then I roll up a doobie and smoke that with my plants :) so I love watching them grow, I can understand what you mean, but you seriously need to get out of the habit of playing with them too much because in veg if you snap a branch it's all cool it will recover but in flower you snap it you loose the bud! So start practicing now :)

Peace 👽

19. Right at 3 weeks!😳 I think the MG soil did some serious stunting of growth! Since I have re soiled them they have grown more in the past 3 days than they have the past week and a half before that

Bob Marley Swag💨💨💨💨

20. And I'm not "hands on" with the plants. Have barely touched them! I just like watching them! Lol

Bob Marley Swag💨💨💨💨