Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking weed everyday making me lose my appetite?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Dimiweed, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Okay so this summer I've smoked weed every single day. Is it making me lose my apettite? Today I wasn't hungry all day...is it cause of weed?!

2. #2 OneOfTheGoodOnes, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
    I lost 100lb's in three years smoking Cannabis every day, without any diet or working out.

My Docs don't understand why, they ran every test they could think of, but after a month t break, at the end of the second year, I put on 5lb's and they told me to stop the t break.

I have stayed at 180lb's now for three months and one Doc thinks the Cannabis has somehow regulated my body weight.

All I know is that I feel so much better after losing 12 inchs around the waist, from 46's to 34's.

Oh, one more thing I am never hungary, I have to remember to eat by setting an alarm.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sometimes i don't understand weed :smoke:

for those who get anxious, there are those who have their anxiety relieved

for those who get hungry, there are those who aren't

for those girls that get incredibly horny, there are those guys who are too relaxed to want to fuck

4. [quote name='"tastytrichomes"']

for those girls that get incredibly horny, there are those guys who are too relaxed to want to fuck[/quote]

Is everything with you just about fucking?!? Haha just joshing.

I have also lost my appetite and weight on the ganja. Medicating everyday for over a year really hurts the appetite

• Like Like x 1
  5. Agreed.

Actually, marijuana eventually becomes the only source of appetite your body comes to rely on if smoking everyday, more than once a day. I'm the same way, unless I have smoked within the last 2 hours, I do NOT get hungry, doesn't really matter. Unless I haven't eaten in more than 6ish hours, I just do NOT get hungry.

And Cannabis is actually what helped me stick in the 155 weight class for MMA for almost 2 years.

I dig.

• Like Like x 1
  6. [quote name='"tastytrichomes"']sometimes i don't understand weed :smoke:

for those who get anxious, there are those who have their anxiety relieved

for those who get hungry, there are those who aren't

for those girls that get incredibly horny, there are those guys who are too relaxed to want to fuck[/quote]

Ahaha this is truth

7. I have been smoking 3-5 times a day straight for almost 7 months now, I have days where I don't eat anything, and then all the sudden I get my appetite back on other days. It's good and it's bad, because when you don't eat, you get more intense highs on less weed, but your also starving yourself, so when you do eventually eat, your body will think that this may be the only food it will receive that day, so it stores extra unneeded fat. I gained 10 pounds the first 3 months, then lost 30 pounds in the past 4. I plan on slowing up a little bit, because I've been eating through my money. lol

8. Definitely agreed. Smoke 2-3 times a day for the past 2 and a half months (basically summer) and I am not really hungry anymore during the day unless Ive smoked. I still get hungry for dinner though. The worst part is breakfast. I wake up in the morning and Im not hungry at all which sucks because school is starting so I get really tired throughout the day because I didnt have breakfast

9. It makes my appetite crazy.

10. One of my favorite things about smoking is the munchies. I fucking love eating. I still don't gain any weight though.

11. Happens to me too bro. I wake up in the morning and I have no appetite until I smoke a spliff. However, I always find that I CAN eat, even if my body doesn't seem to think so.

12. #12 OneOfTheGoodOnes, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012

Some of the blades who replied seem to have misunderstood the OP's question.

He's worried about NOT being hungry when he's baked all the time, NOT when he's straight.

13. I dropped like 15 pounds one week when I was dry from smoking everyday all day for months only because I had no appetite. It literally felt like u ha to force feed myself to get the food down when I did eat.

14. That's interesting. Do an experiment, quit for 1 week- 1 month see if your appetite is affected.

15. Same happens to me. When I'm sober I have absolutely no hungry.
    I discovered that, although I'm not hungry, I'm thirst constantly. Which then made me notice, that when I needed water I felt hungry (dehydration) so, then I realized that thirst sated my stomach.

Basically, OP, try to eat when your thirsty.

16. well your body kinda makes it's own thc when you dont smoke very often, and your brain naturally produces chemicals which make you feel hungry. when you smoke multiple times a day your body doesnt think it needs to make those chemicals because the weed is activating them so often. eventually it will just completely stop which causes an imbalance. when you stop smoking it takes your body a few days or even a couple of weeks to get its natural chemical balance back.

i believe that is basically why weed kills your appetite. just take a t break for a week then smoke and you will get hungry as fuck!

17. But, but my Docs told me not to take a t-break and besides I like not having to worry about putting on weight.

18. [quote name='"graybeard"']
    But, but my Docs told me not to take a t-break and besides I like not having to worry about putting on weight.[/quote]

For you it might not be a problem but there are those of us who are already skinny. When you're already skinny and you lose weight because you can't eat from smoking too much it becomes a problem.

But OP same thing is happening to me right now. Which is why im taking a T-break.

19. Yeah sometimes it does make me lose my appetite when I smoke every single day, but I'm sure if you have moderation it will be alright. For me weed helped me put on some serious mass which I needed and it's one of the reason I love weed.

20. Same here! I lost 15 pounds in the past year from smoking. Went from a size 34 to a size 30 waste somehow. I'm pretty pissed off because I'm 5'11 and only 150 pounds right now. I think smoking absorbs your nutrients or some shit, that's probably why. I don't get it because I sometimes will eat my whole fridge or I won't be hungry for days. Lately, I haven't been eating much more than breakfast.