experienced growers please

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by deedup, Aug 17, 2006.

1. i have a question about harvesting but first let me give some background info, i live in ontario and during the summer we have perfect climates to grow weed. Have 4 plants and due to uncontrollable circumstances i had to start flowering 2 of them prematurley (not the right word) because of the type of climate we get here if you put out some clones in May and let the natural photoperiod of our summer bud the plants you would have either monsterous plants that would be finished budding in around october, or you can use the 5 months to get 2 harvests as long as you can bring them inside to shorted the photoperiod. whatevers clever

now my question is this. the 2 plants i started flowering early have some very nice buds, wich ill post pics of tommorow when there out of there dark period. how long before i can harvest? theyve been in a 8.5 hour photoperiod for about 3 weeks now. i know your suposed to wait untill the hairs are red and the cristals are brown but the problem is the hairs are bright white and there showing no signs of turning red. do most plants start off with white hairs? im not sure of the strain so it could be white widow or rino. also how often can i feed them the 15-30-15, the first week was once a week and the 2nd and 3rd week of the 8.5 hour photoperiod they got fed twice a week. i put in 15mls of food per gallon of water and split the gallon between the two and there sucking it up quick without any signs of wilting or yellowing. how much is to much? i water them on a daily basis because if i dont the pot dirt i have starts to look like sand. i want nice fat buds and i dont want to f*ck the plants up cuz as youl soon see there very very nice

2. that's great you live in a great climate for mj, most people do during summer, the important thing is soil, native soil around ontario is shit, where i live, the soil can't be better. i hope your not using pots, and adding lot's of organic soil to the ground.

now to your question, the hairs will turn 3/4 red at optimal thc %, it will slowly decrease afterwards, all plants hairs turn red. depending on the bud size and the rate of increase in size will determine if you want to cut out ferts at this point and do fresh water flushing's the next 2 weeks while they finish for in my opinion is the best taste.

remember, fert is just to give them sufficient nutrient levels for maximum growth, if they're growing fast and dense, it's a no brainer to stop and just flush until harvest.

3. Jonster: I think your a great guy and you know quite a bit, and me and you are some what buddys, but sometimes you talk out of your ass on things you have no idea about.

I lived in Ontario for 26 years of my life and grew there for 10 years. You seem to think that BC is the only good place to grow in Canada which is NOT the case. Ontario is huge with a 1000 different variteys of terran. The Holland Marsh which is in S.Ont has the best soil conditions in Canada and has been studied and proved by scientist for years as to why. I have pics of when I lived there with plants 10 feet tall/ 8 feet wide, to have plants any bigger then that is dumb which just proves the point that BC aint better then Ontario.

Deedup: Jonster is entirlt correc twith the answer he gave you about the ferts and I agree 100% with what he said "If it aint broke, dont fix it" he was just wrong on bashing Ontario:p :p :p :p

Ps: NO hard feelings Jonster and I thought you said you were not gonna be on GC once shit started budding?:confused:

4. thanks alot guys

5. i'm not lying, maybe exaggerating ontario's soil a bit, but a place called courtney in bc has the best soil, my info was from a Univ. BC graduate, and he was studying soil.

6. dude all hairs are white when the plants first flower, only in th two /three last weeks of flowering will you see coclo in them,as for crystals , maybie in mid flowering

peace