Anyone care to share some stories of small grows that got busted?

Discussion in 'Security' started by ahoneybadger, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Stopped the neighbor on another dog walk. He had just bought the van for his carpentry business. . .his pregnant wife was responsible for the late night/ early morning quests for ice cream and pickles. . .lol I asked him if he knew who owned it. He said it was his, then explained. The concern I conveyed was for the children in the neighborhood. . .he laughed and asked "cause the tint?" Appropriately I would say lol. We had a good laugh about a molester van being a good carpenter van . . .lol phew!!!!!! Lol still laying low though, just in case the officers return with a fuck your life document. . .if I ever meet the dude who they were looking for he is going to get a beating from hell. . .but I'm gonna set back up prolly end of the first week of Oct. Or second. . .depends. . .what do you guys think?

2. I would hold out until early November, let Halloween go by (A lot of police presence during that time) and it gives you over a month of cushion time for any paperwork or surveillance they may be conducting.

That is just my opinion, so take it for what you will :smoke:.

3. Well I tend to respect a lot of opinion on here. . .especially security opinions. Thanks man! You have an excellent point!

4. Poppy told me back in the day his good buddy who had the flowering room in his crib, poppy was the cloner, got knocked by the fire departmeant after his mom left the iron on in her bed, the fire departmeant would not let him back in the house until the cops arrived( no chance any FD is keeping me out of my house) they gave him a ticket and put him on drug testing for a year or somthing lol, this was in the 90s when i was watching nickelodeon

5. Tell No one!

6. Here's one to remember. From my local paper this week.

Child found in Oshawa grow op home
    September 24, 2012 00:09:00
    OSHAWA -- Cops investigating a suspected drunk driver early Saturday in Oshawa wound up taking a child from a marijuana grow op.
    The incident began around 2:15 a.m. when Durham police arrested a 28-year-old man for impaired driving in the vicinity of Ritson Road and Dean Avenue. During the arrest the man told officers his young child was at home alone, police said.

Cops went to the residence and found the child asleep. They also found a grow op consisting of 16 mature marijuana plants, grow equipment and an additional 282 grams of pot. The estimated street value of the dope is $20,000, police said.

The child, who was unharmed, was placed into the care of child welfare authorities. The man, who wasn't named to protect the identity of the child, is charged with impaired driving, exceeding the legal blood-alcohol limit, drug offences and failing to provide necessities of life.

Moral of the story other than "don't drink and drive, stay home smoke weed and fly"
    Make sure the Gardner can at least make his own breakfast in the morning. Lmao

• Like Like x 1
  7. I checked the local newspaper for grow busts and in my area they had a few that were ID'ed by helicopter. All were fairly large grows. From what I have seen on TV spotting a grow from a copter takes some talent and is usually it is the difference in color of the weed that gives it away. I doubt that a few plants could even be spotted.

However, while standing in line waiting to get some coffee the guy behind me struck up a conversation. He told me he was an auxiliary policeman, (unpaid), and he was P.O. ed
    because the police chief called them all in to do an at random pot search. I asked what that was and he told me that they get together and walk through the woods looking for grows. Some times they have leads but mostly the area is picked by the chief guessing where a grow might be.

I suggest checking your local newspapers online and see how the police are conducting their busts. In most cases, as stated many times here, it comes down to not keeping their mouths shut.

BTW, the think keeping a lock on the grow room is a good idea. That would come in handy in the case there was a medical emergency or small fire. It would also keep prying eyes out. Be prepared with a logical reason for having a lock on an interior door.

Loose lips sink ships.

8. [quote name='"Urbansuburban42"']Poppy told me back in the day his good buddy who had the flowering room in his crib, poppy was the cloner, got knocked by the fire departmeant after his mom left the iron on in her bed, the fire departmeant would not let him back in the house until the cops arrived( no chance any FD is keeping me out of my house) they gave him a ticket and put him on drug testing for a year or somthing lol, this was in the 90s when i was watching nickelodeon[/quote]

Stop talking about your dad like he is our dad. It is weird, and annoying, and kind of confusing cause I'm wondering if the dudes name is poppy or its your dad.

• Like Like x 2
  9. About 15 mins from me

OPP make $4-million pot bust near Iroquois Falls | Local | News | Timmins Times

10. if you have a script, doesn't it allow you to grow that many plants?

11. #51 Project ICE, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2012
    A friend of mine....used to be my co-captain on a paintball team for about 5 years....he ended up buying a paintball store and paintball feild....and then....

also....this is about 5 minutes from my house lol.
    NOBODY KNEW though

He ended up spending a year in jail....hes out on parole now in jersey and he owes a shitload of money

12. lol He's talking about a grower named poppy my friend, not his dad.

13. They are 100% correct. my old roomate had a few "tomato plants" growing in his kitchen, next to the window. We had some friends over quite frequently and he loved to show off his very large bushy "Tomato plants".

Well one afternoon they were upstairs with us checking out the flowers that were coming in nicely.. it was going to be cut down in a few days. we rolled one up, and we said lets go smoke on the porch outside! they said they had plans and left... we sparked, and watched them walk down the road.

We finished smoking and decided to go back upstairs. We went to the kitchen, and the only thing left was soil.... we looked out of the window and saw a large dresser we had in the garage up against the wall.... They had taken every last plant.

This was counteracted by us going outside and fighting every single person in their house.

Long story short, people will easily cut your throat for profit, or gain. Be careful.

14. So did you get your plants back? :eek:

15. even if they did, prlly handled all bad and smushed and ruined by teh robbers lol

16. #56 chiodos367, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
    Hell no. The only thing we got back was a few medical bills, and some new enemies
    Edit- Again, goes to show ya dont tell anyone bout your garden

17. my BESTFRIEND of 17 years back stabbed me just to possibly get a few thousand dollars. You can't trust anyone on this planet so dont start thinking that you can. You'll just lose everything

18. Son, you are done, you just don't know it or get it.:bolt:

19. Agreed, semi-legal means illegal. If somebody wants to burn him they don't have to steal his grow, they can just report him for reward money.

Hope he doesn't piss off any of the 10 people who know about the grow... Shit can go downhill REALLY quick.

One person says they want a cut of the harvest and if they don't get it they will turn you in.... Not too much you can do about that.

• Agree Agree x 1