Anyone care to share some stories of small grows that got busted?

Discussion in 'Security' started by ahoneybadger, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Im wondering if anyone knows of any small grow operations (1-4 plants) that have actually been busted, and what happened to them.

2. Just yesterday some 64 year old dude got busted with 3 plants in my town
    3 plants is a pretty pathetic bust and use of taxpayer money but i couldn't tell ya what happened to him yet it just happened yesterday

3. I've never known a grower to get busted thinking about it. Only dealers, and even then only the ones who are bait about it.

4. Hm Im about to start my small grow and was hoping to calm my nerves, any idea how the old guy got caught?

5. cops nowadays are not very skilled as investigators. more than likely someone the old man knew or pissed off,told the cops. or the cops were just lucky.
    Rule number 1: Keep your mouth shut, tell no one, show no one, not your mother, not your brother or sister, no friends, no one, get it nobody must know.
    Follow this rule and you greatly reduce your risk of getting caught up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah the article i read said police acted upon an anonymous tip.
    funny thing is that it was like 3 houses down from this cops house haha

7. [quote name='"nuttybong0"']cops nowadays are not very skilled as investigators. more than likely someone the old man knew or pissed off,told the cops. or the cops were just lucky.
    Rule number 1: Keep your mouth shut, tell no one, show no one, not your mother, not your brother or sister, no friends, no one, get it nobody must know.
    Follow this rule and you greatly reduce your risk of getting caught up.[/quote]

If you can do this you will not get caught period

8. yep thats how any grow gets busted... word of mouth

Shhhhhhhhhhhh!

:bongin:

9. Agree with previous 2 posters. All growers around me, including one busted last year with 70 plants, were all busted because someone ratted. Either a family member, friend, enemy, whomever. They all are potential rats so just DON'T tell them EVER!

People who need to show off get caught. People who can control their ego get high! LOL

• Like Like x 2

10. i know what you mean, but not all ego,

people are proud of their grows

:bongin:

11. If word of mouth doesn't get you then the following will.

1. police showing up for other reasons (warrant or investigating another crime), fire, break in, paramedics for a medical emergency. - If possible hide your grow room, always keep it locked.

2. smell - Smell control is #2 priority in a grow - after the golden rule of TELLING NOBODY

3. Obvious signs of a grow, don't have materials delivered to your grow house - have it sent to a friends house or somewhere else (don't tell your buddy what is really being delivered) make sure you do not throw out your waste such as leafs in your home garbage. taped up windows with hot air venting out is also a big give away.

12. There's an entire section of very experienced growers who 'show off' their grows in this forum, who don't get caught.

• Like Like x 2
  13. A few years back my friend and his friends had a house that was entirely filled growing, they got caught because one of them blabbed about it. Only 1 went to jail though out of like 5 guys, not sure how that happen.

They had another bust a few weeks back and it again was someone who was growing but had told their friends and one of those friends ended up with an angry ex GF who promptly got him back by ratting his friend out to the cops. Dont tell girlfriends.

Ive been growing on and off since I was eesh I think my first grow was at 19 or 20. I dont tell anyone, I cover the smell with ONA buckets and incense (I like incense anyway so its not odd)

People I buy from grow, I have been in their grow rooms in awe. I would never tell them I grow and they have just as much to lose. My wife knows, but it was her idea I grow anyway. Basically if you do as above said, just dont tell anyone. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get caught.
    (even hot spots, light leaks and funky smells usually wont get you caught, its almost always someone you told who tells someone else and so on)

14. Telling ppl about ur grow is on a *need* to know basis.

Electricity bill spike

or if u sell ur product to dealers who are being watched

• Like Like x 1
  15. Any thoughts on telling your dealer? I have known my dealer for 1.5 years and we are good friends(we hang out and smoke all the time). I told him that I was starting a grow, because I was going to sell him my extra. The only other person that knows is my wife, which is a big reason I am growing(for her medicine). I figure it was ok to tell my friend about it, since he already knows the drill. What do yall think?

16. The only way they could find out is if someone told, neighbors smelled it, or they're running a dealing operation. If you wanna grow some for yourself, set it up and don't tell anybody. Cops aren't smart it's just people are dumb. You can easily grow some for yourself and never get caught.

17. Not sure what you do not understand about TELL NOBODY!!

1st off if you intend to sell you put yourself and HUGE risk. I would never sell to anybody but if I did I certainly wouldn't tell the person I am selling to I am growing it, I would pass it off as I have a friend who hooked me up with more then I can smoke.

2nd, OK so you have known this guy for 1.5 years, do you honestly think that if this guy got caught selling and was threatened with 10 years in prison unless he gave somebody up he wouldn't sing like a fucking bird? It could be your best friend since preschool, you run the risk of them giving you up if their freedom depends on it.

If you have told anybody you are not safe growing, period.... Not sure how much clearer that can be said, sorry if I came off harsh but you don't tell your fucking BROTHER, shit happens, people have arguments, tons of things could happen that can get you caught.

18. Your right. I don't think your being too harsh, it's just the reality that we live in.
    I appreciate your forthrightness. In return, I will pass on the same warnings/advice to others on here.

Sometimes I think that when I'm over his house, that could be a risk right there, because, his place might be staked out or something.

19. pride=ego

20. [quote name='"northlat"']pride=ego[/quote]

Thanks for clarifying. That's exactly what I was going to say.