What ADVANCED NUTRIENTS are you feeding your plants for bloom/flower in your grow?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by DrGr33nThumb215, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Wow! You. Have. Issues. Lol. Ok, so I forgot to say 'not one CHEMICAL nute'. My bad. Ass. Sure, I mixed up a soil of promix, ffof, compost and manure. Then added ammendments. Then watered with molasses and kelp and alfalfa sure. If u want to call that adding 'nutes' then that's your perogative, me I call that adding a tea.

Oh, and thanks for that dissertation you wrote there. Way too much time on your hands homes? Just wow lol.

2. ive used advanced nutes before, and for a chemical nutrient line its pretty good...............but for the price i wont ever touch it again, IMO.

you guys are fine. if its getting you by (however you may "use" weed to get by) than there is nothing negative you can say against it.

the one thing i will suggest is to PLEASE not use bud candy. they load it up with a hell of a lot of magnesium (look on the back, its the only active ingredient) and nothing else, giving your plants a "well-water" taste when you harvest. epsom salts are much cheaper to use, plus they enhance the flavor more because of the presence of sulfur. a huge bag of epsom salts that will last you a year costs about $6.00. epsom salts are naturally found in well water, they just extract the magnesium + sulfur from the water. its organic, cheaper, will give your stuff a better flavor/aroma (sulfur is a HUGE component in smell), and potentially a better harvest. too much magnesium is bad because it can bind to nearly any nute you feed your plants (ie, Mg easily bonds to N, which can cause a "lockout"), hence the reason bud candy is ba-yu-d

cheers

3. I use bud igniter weeks 1-2 . Big bud weeks 2-4 . Overdrive weeks 5-6 . Bud candy all throughout.

4. #24 ubercatt, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2012
    I'm still fairly new (about 9 months into growing) and want to get into a full nutrient feeding schedule. I have used some of the main "trio" sets (ie : FF, Biocare Pure Blend Grow/Bloom/Karma, and AN Grow/Bloom/Micro). Thus far, the Biocare has made the most noticeable difference. That being said, from my own research, I think going AN Hobbyist or Expert would be the way to go. Any suggestions or advice.
    FYI- I grow 2/3rds autoflowers 1/3rd photoperiod. I'm still working on finding my preferred strains. ;-)

I also recently started using unsulphered molassas (2tbs/gal) once to twice a week during flowering and (1tbs/gal once a week for veg)
    Sorry, I should also mention that I'm growing with Roots Organic soil mix.

5. I used AN jungle juice and the cheap crap burnt my plants. I switched to the AN ph perfect sensi grow, voodoo juice, and b52 and I have had great results. I am a first time grower and besides the few day jungle juice fiasco I haven't had a hitch. My girls are 16 days old and look miraculous. I think the ph perfect line is awesome and I reccomend it to all noobs because it allows you to get your feet wet with a lot of forgiveness. Just my opinion but you can check out my grow and see the results for yourself!!!!

6. Hi your crops look great, just wondering what sort of soil do you use and do you use a special mix?

7. I've never used advanced nutrients but I've always wanted to. What would really help my plants really pack on some weight in the flowering stage?

8. Beastie bloomz from fox farms is what I use supposed to be used mid flower cycle and a couple weeks before harvest.

Attached Files: