Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Losing Weight & Smoking Weed...(Stop the munchies?)

• Please log in to reply

2Packed

2Packed

Registered Toker

• Old School
  • 1,255 posts
I really want to lose weight (and I need to as well!) but I also really want to continue smoking weed, the problem is, I can't seem to control my munchies, I already have a very healthy appetite for food so after I blaze I just EAT EAT EAT.

Is it possible to lose weight and continue blazing?

Are there any good ways to control the munchies?

One thing that I am going to try to do is eat fruit more, when I got the munchies I will pick up an apple and an orange instead of cooking up some unhealthy shit.

Has anyone here had an experiance with losing weight on weed?

Any help will be appreciated.

Peace Out, 2Packed :smoke:
  • likes this

ReeferMadness69

ReeferMadness69

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 506 posts
i think marijuana speeds up your metabolism. thats why your able to eat so much. so if you dont eat while smoking bud you will lose weight faster than you notice. good plan.

or if you really want to lose weight. u can always do coke or tweak.(hehe only playin)
  • likes this

freedomactivist

freedomactivist

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
bike ride swim backpack anyfun out door sport while high
will make it twice as great
only take healthy foods with you

SickIsMe

SickIsMe

Be Awesome to Each Other!

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
I started smoking a LOT more when school got out for the summer and all I've eaten pretty much this whole summer has been burritos from Taco John's, Coffee granola bars, and ice cream... and I've lost 15 pounds. I don't knwo how it happened but it did. I just eat on little snacks all day long and I have tons of energy. I eat at least like four granola bars a day. I dunno... You don't hear this much but eat almost constantly on little healthy things and loose weight... maybe it doesn't work for everyone though. Who knows. :)

Schecter

Schecter

THC and TORQUE.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 171 posts
i think i read that THC replaces itself with your bloof sugar so when youre high you just want/need to eat to get that blood sugar back. so if u smoke, u need self control on eating.

waterhurley

waterhurley

Toke, smoke, and choke

• Old School
  • 3,112 posts
yes i have a goodstory about loosing weight BECAUSE of weed. marijuana changes your metabolism and speeds it up greatly. this is part of the reason WHY we get the munchies. the faster your metabolism, the hungrier you get. dont let the munchies get to you. i know how hard it is not to but if you dont youll loose weight RAPIDLY! keep yourself occupied to keep your mind off food.

i lost 35 lbs in a month and for the first time in my life im auctually slim. i used to be a fat ass. also when your high, go for a run or a bike ride. when you do it high your body's internal motor is set for super speed and youll drop the pounds like nothing.
  • likes this

Bong666

Bong666

MUSHROOMS

• Registered Upgraded
  • 563 posts

i think marijuana speeds up your metabolism. thats why your able to eat so much. so if you dont eat while smoking bud you will lose weight faster than you notice. good plan.

or if you really want to lose weight. u can always do coke or tweak.(hehe only playin)

yeah coke and tweak and lots of sex will do it;)

Bong666

Bong666

MUSHROOMS

• Registered Upgraded
  • 563 posts
nah.....^^^........
drink some juice man that will get rid of the munchies

ddeennnnyy

ddeennnnyy

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Hey man,

I've got the same problem as you. But I can help. I've been dieting for the past four weeks (twenty pounds lost) so I know it can be really hard/suck a lot.

You have two options. You can either forget about munchies and channel your high energy into other fun things (not as hard as you think), or you can find healthy munchies.

Fruit in yogurt is surprisingly sick as fuck when you're stoned.

Those 100-calorie packs of doritos, oreos, cheese nips, pringles, etc. are awesome too, but their small size leaves you wishing you could eat five of them.

Eggs are fucking sick - especially for protein if youre working out too. One egg is only 70 calories, so you can make a fat three egg scrambled eggs or omelette, which is really nice (use PAM or somethin instead of butter.)

Some juicy fruit is good as hell when youre stoned. Pears and pineapples are my fav.

Also, best for last, try Lean Cuisine! I eat them every day and theyre actually really fucking good. I eat the Fettucini Alfredo and Swedish meatballs. Totally good when youre munching out.

Hope this helps.

2Packed

2Packed

Registered Toker

• Old School
  • 1,255 posts
Cool, this is great help thanks.

I am going to really try and put a lot of effort into resisting the temptation of the munchies when I am stoned, or just eat a healthy fruit or two.

I will also try and do some exercise, this is where I usually let myself down :(

I'm hoping to lose 30-40 pounds, in two months.

Any other diet/losing weight tips will be greatley appreiciated :D

Thanks!

ddeennnnyy

ddeennnnyy

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Cool, this is great help thanks.

I am going to really try and put a lot of effort into resisting the temptation of the munchies when I am stoned, or just eat a healthy fruit or two.

I will also try and do some exercise, this is where I usually let myself down :(

I'm hoping to lose 30-40 pounds, in two months.

Any other diet/losing weight tips will be greatley appreiciated :D

Thanks!

Walking is a good fat burner, and if you find an interesting place to go, it can be sweet to walk around high and wonder at the world, all the while burning calories.

If youre going to take the route of no munching, I would recommend that you seriously don't go in your kitchen at all if you're stoned (or out to dinner/lunch/whatevs with friends.) "Out of sight out of mind" is relevant here - if you're not gazing at that chocolate cake on the counter, you'll be better off. But maybe this is common sense.

Let us know how it goes, man...

rumandromanism

rumandromanism

Meditate on Bassweight

• Old School
  • 9,792 posts
I've just become a vegetarian for dietary reasons, and recently started eating very healthy foods. I also stopped eating when I have the munchies, and if I really want to eat, I'll have some watermelon or another type of fruit. So far, I've lost 15 lbs in the last 2 weeks.

Le Grenouille

Le Grenouille

Million Dollar Maybe

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,668 posts
One simple rule; if you don't buy crap in your wekly shop, you can't eat crap when you get the munch on. Instead buy fresh fruit and veggies, refined carbs etc.

Be aware that it takes approx 20mins for your brain to register that your tummy is full, so fter your intial munch, take 20-30mins respite; 9 times out of 10, you will find you have sufficed. A smoothie also makes for a healthy alternative.

30-40lbs in two months is way too fast; if you push yourself too hard all of a sudden, you put a strain on your heart function. The best - not to mention healthiest - way to lose weight and keep it off is by doing it gradually. Your body can only physically lose around 2lbs of fat a week, anyhow, anything else you may lose will be fluid that will just as soon go back on when you stop dieting. Crash dieting and over-exercising put a horrendous strain on the heart; don't do it.

You need to make changes to your overall diet, not just cutting out the rubbish. A sensible, balanced diet will see the weight coming off at a healthy rate, and is far more likely to keep the weight off than any fancy-ass diet plan could ever hope to.

Feel free to PM me if you want further tips etc.

Good luck, be safe!

I've just become a vegetarian for dietary reasons, and recently started eating very healthy foods. I also stopped eating when I have the munchies, and if I really want to eat, I'll have some watermelon or another type of fruit. So far, I've lost 15 lbs in the last 2 weeks.

That isn't healthy at all. It sounds like you aren't eating enough. An avergae adult woman should take around 2000 calories a day; less than 1500, and you are crash dieting, which is very unhealthy, and can be dangerous for your heart and other organs.Three square meals a day is more than adequate.
  • likes this

HerbsINtheBurbs

HerbsINtheBurbs

Spread Green Love

• Old School
  • 4,137 posts
Praise the lord for my fast metabolism, I just hope it lasts. I pig out, but I definetly agree that healthy munchies can rock out. mmm fruit. Try a bowl of fresh cherries next time you crave a big-mac.
  • likes this

2Packed

2Packed

Registered Toker

• Old School
  • 1,255 posts
Thanks, there is very little in the way of junk food in the house anymore so that's not too much of a problem, if it's not there I can't eat it right?

I have also given up mayonnaise, as stupid as it sounds I was having far too much of the stuff, and it is VERY bad for you (high fat content).

And I work in a restaurent where I have taken to having chips everyday for lunch, I now take healthy sandwichs and a piece of fruit.

Fortunatley I am quite young (19) and I still live with my parents so I always get a good square and healthy meal for dinner.

The reason I want to lose the weight in two months is because in two months I am returning back to the UK for good (I'm in Portugal at the moment).

I do not consider 30-40 pounds a massive amount but even if I lose 20 pounds in 2 months I will be happy.

I will update this thread when I have any news.

Thanks very much for all of the help ;)

Wish me luck :D :hello:

whitewarrior

whitewarrior

Smokin.Lbs.of.the.FRUITY!

• Old School
  • 5,675 posts
eat a turkey sandwich or something man, fruit [like everyone else said] helps greatly too.
  • likes this

rumandromanism

rumandromanism

Meditate on Bassweight

• Old School
  • 9,792 posts

That isn't healthy at all. It sounds like you aren't eating enough. An avergae adult woman should take around 2000 calories a day; less than 1500, and you are crash dieting, which is very unhealthy, and can be dangerous for your heart and other organs.Three square meals a day is more than adequate.

How can you even tell how much I eat? I was on Depakote, which side effects include a slower metabolism and weight gain. I was on it for around 2 years, and just got off of it. That's why I lost so much weight. But instead of eating junk and gaining it back, I've been eating healthy and exercising in hopes of not going back to 198 pounds. Since I've been off it, I've been eating three balanced meals a day, and sometimes a snack of a granola bar or a peach. My stomach has already shrunk from being off of the medicine, so I am finally back to my old self.

Maybe you should try to not judge people and find out more about their situation.

thantheman

thantheman

kissing the sky

• Registered Upgraded
  • 172 posts
I wish you the best of luck, and don't fall off the wagon. Keep living healthly, and you can turn your smoking to your advantage (faster metabolism) rather than have it hurt you.

What I like about this thread, is many people think potheads don't care about their health, and thats the complete opposite of the truth. Anyway good luck :hello: !

Le Grenouille

Le Grenouille

Million Dollar Maybe

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,668 posts
Forgive me if this sounds at all patronising, but are you wanting to lose the weight for yourself, or because of what the media or your peers make you feel? Because being safe and healthy is far more implrtant (and far more sexy) than being stick-thin. Most people that are that thin are so because they don't eat properly and/or exercise to within an inch of their lives.

20lbs is still rather a lot to lose in a short space of time. You shouldn't be disappointed if you lose 16lbs tops in this timeframe. That is safe, and won't involve crashing.

Please, please don't fuck about with your weight on account of what some bubblehead celeb in a mag looks like; watch and wait, and see how many of these people wind up having premature heart surgery etc on account of the strain they put on their bodies. This whole celeb thing is ridiculous now; Posh, for one, despite what she says to the contrary is clearly suffering an eating disorder. It is such an incredibly irresponsible message to young girls.

On top of which, skinniness is not attractive (well, unless you're a 14 year old boy, whose only potential dating pool averages a size 4), and the majority of 'real' man like their ladies to look, well, like ladies.

Am I right boys? Charlize Theron or Nicole Richie?

Better red than dead, Sugar. Trust.

Le Grenouille

Le Grenouille

Million Dollar Maybe

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,668 posts

How can you even tell how much I eat? I was on Depakote, which side effects include a slower metabolism and weight gain. I was on it for around 2 years, and just got off of it. That's why I lost so much weight. But instead of eating junk and gaining it back, I've been eating healthy and exercising in hopes of not going back to 198 pounds. Since I've been off it, I've been eating three balanced meals a day, and sometimes a snack of a granola bar or a peach. My stomach has already shrunk from being off of the medicine, so I am finally back to my old self.

Maybe you should try to not judge people and find out more about their situation.

That's a bit defensive; I hardly attacked you, did I? No, I don't know your situation; I'm not a mind reader. I offered advise based on what you did tell us, so you can't blame me for working with the only resources I have.

I was concerned for your health. Excuse the Hell out of me for giving a fig.

Damned if I do, and damned if I don't...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users