Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Looking for hard candy tincture recipe

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by mrsweater, Aug 18, 2012.

1. I've been searching the internet for quite some time now and have not been able to find a recipe that answers my questions or suits what I'm capable of getting my hands on/using.

I'd like to use an eighth of weed and with one candy get the potency of about a joint or two.

How much alcohol/glycerin would I need?
    Actually, could someone just explain to me the difference between using alcohol or glycerin.

I have a few more questions but I'll just wait and see if someone answers here before I ask those. If anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it. Like I said, I've been searching for a really long time and just haven't found what I've been looking for. Thanks

2. That is a good recipe but I'm looking for something that would produce a bigger batch, like at least 25 lollipops. I appreciate the post but still not exactly what I'm looking for, thanks.

3. #4 Cage22, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2012
    then substitute in what you need, use 7.5g of high grade that will be a .3 per lollipop.
    then use 8.5ml of veg glycerin, 8.5ml of almond oil and 5.2 ml of overproof liquor.. and do the procedure as follows http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...nt-ready-use-canna-capsules-7-easy-steps.html :hello::smoke:
    With my recipe high potency is reached without WEEKS of storage instantly ready and potent!

Tell me how it goes!
    and remember when cooking the candy make sure it doesn't go over 275F at 300 the oil will start vaporizing

4. I don't want to use more than an eighth though, that's the thing. Now I'm wondering if it's better to use oil instead of a tincture because of what the sugar does to the potency.

5. 3.5 to 25 lolipops is .14 per lollipop, my advice use more green or make less lollipops or your gonna have to eat like 4 to catch a buzz.

6. 3.5 would make 10 industry standard dosage lollipops(.35 each), :wave:

7. If you plan on making gummy candies, glycerin tincture is 'suitable' as either the gelatin or agar can compensate
    for the attracted atmospheric moisture so long as you use enough of either, but where glycerin is a weaker
    solvent for cannabis glandular material, it takes longer than oil based solvents to become bioavailable.

But if you're making hard candies, then oil is absolutely what you're looking for...

The solvent you use not only strips glandular material from the inert plant matter and breaks it down, but it is
    responsible for facilitating absorption!

Why alcohol and glycerin should be avoided when making hard candies...

In a hard candy, glycerin should not be used because it absorbs up to 20% its weight in atmospheric moisture..
    this results in candies that, while hard initially, will rapidly become soggy and fall apart. These are the candies you
    sometimes see in clinics and dispensaries, that have beads of moisture and 'loose' candy forming inside the wrapper. :eek:

Alcohol should not be used, because you must evaporate the majority, if not all your edible solvent in order to achieve a
    hard state.. without that alcohol to facilitate absorption, much of your potency goes 'in one end, and out the other'
    without ever reaching the blood stream! :eek:

This is why the very best canna candies, gummy or hard, are made using oil or citric-lecithin extracts! :hello:

Here's some help;

First, recipes for canna candies, both hard and gummy...

UV GLOWING Hash or Canna Candies

[​IMG]

-Canna Candy Apples!-

[​IMG]

-Canna Gummies- Non-Vegan & Vegan

[​IMG]

Some photos from the tutorials, to get you excited.... :p

-"Meddy" Moose Pops-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Philosopher's STONES-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When you add your oil at the correct time, you're able to both heat your sugar high enough, that it becomes hard enough
    to shatter once cooled, and you can avoid degrading and separating your canna oil! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Canna Candies Apples

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Super simple Canna Gummy candies using both molds, and simple hand-formation....
    Sour Apple, Mixed Berry, and Strawberry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the canna/hash oil and citric recipes, used to make them... I suggest the first, using alcohol to strip the glandular
    material then transfer the potency to an oil, for the most concentrated potency.

If you want a single candy to get you where you need to be, a concentrated oil is what you're looking for.

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Cannabis Concentrate (Edible & Smokable
    recipes included... bioavailable improvement on Pheonix Tears & similar to BHO, but made with food grade/drinking
    alcohol
    )

-Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate-

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Hash Oil (starting with dry-sift hash, same as capsule
    recipe, oil can also be used for cooking)

Med-Grade Hash Oil

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Canna Oil (starting with flowers/bud/trim etc)

Med-Grade Canna Oil

[​IMG]

Easy Citric Acid Extraction/Infusion

[​IMG]

But if you'd like to go the route of an alcohol tincture, these are PERFECT for such a tincture :)

-~Hash Liquor~ Cordials-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good luck, and have fun! :wave:

8. ^^^^ BKS you tha man! I always enjoy seeing your creations, they always so look amazing.

9. Thanks a bunch guys, I really appreciate all the input.

BKS, I've seen some of your recipes before but never the gummy one. That looks like it may be the ticket to what I'm looking for. I do have a question though, how much of the canna oil should I put into that recipe to have a single serving have the potency of about 3.5 to .5?

10. Also remember that I'd only be using 3.5 to make the oil