Sheriff warns of marijuana ballot question after $15M drug bust

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by oltex, Aug 17, 2012.

1. who the fuck see's a bunch of green plants and thinks its a meth lab, looks like someone shouldn't be aloud to leave the house without a helmet

2. $15,000,000 divided by 7,000 plants = ~$2143 per plant.

I think we need to start hiring these farmers to teach us their secrets.... Their plants are producing 100x more pot than any of the ones I've seen.

3. It would appear he has a handle on spreading fear and misinformation, anyway. It's all they have... :cool:

4. The cartels are all over the US they even got a highway running through my town and there have been shootings related to them. Though I'd figure legalization would push them out rather than bring more of them. I really don't get what the sheriff was trying to say here, other than more mexicans will come and grow weed if its legal... :S

5. Stop the cartels,buy local.

6. I'm from Texas, about 80% (random figure pulled from my ass) of the shit there is cartel stuff. I do however know my dealer well and I know the guy who grows for him so it's safe on that front. Now over here in Europe it's hard to say where the shit comes from. Many times a local grower or from Amsterdam or Christiania, but thats only regarding dro, when it comes to hash it's anyone's guess. I've seen kilos of hash with the afghan seal on them. So with this knowledge I can deduce that my smoking habit has supported the cartel and terrorism in the middle east. It's shitty but making this substance illegal put blood on it in the first place.

7. Early this year 2.8 tons worth of shitbricks were busted in my neck of the woods. While it doesn't have much of a market locally because of a year round abundance of local grown, I live where a major transport hub(I 10) is centered and the vast majority of that product goes up the east coast. I've seen several grades of it over the last decade or so,and although I havent smoked any of that greasy shit in 20+ years, more and more some aquaintances of mine are getting looks identical to what ya'll city boys call "mids". There's very little to no seeds and indica in appearance.

8. I believe it has more to do with the cash on hand at these raids and busts. The officers get their cut, turn it over to the department who gets their cut then on it goes til no one knows what happened to the cash the cars the equipment or the drugs.

9. They focus on outlawing a profitable crop, instead of the dangerous drug cartels in our country. Budget to fix the border issues, and let the local farmers bring in more tax revenue.

10. They clearly know they are nothing more than fucking liars. In the second to last paragraph it says the people who got away are not a threat to the public. Well, police are supposed to be about public safety. If they know that, what the fuck did they go after them for in the first fucking place:mad:.

11. just another asswipe..

guess he doesn't realize if its legalized 7000 plant gardens will eventually go away and there will be a little less cartel bullshit in the states

guess he's afraid to do some actual police work

12. I've seen some good posts here. Most of Law Enforcement do not want legalization to happen because of the easy confiscations of cash,property,vehicles,ect. as well as the Federal grant money to get high tech equipment and other tools of their oppressive trade.

They do not care that the U.S. has 25% of the world's incarcerated but only 5% of the world's population and yet many ex-military soldiers go into law enforcement after leaving the military as a life career and they do not care about the U.S. being the world's leading incarcerator but will still proclaim the U.S. to be the freest nation on the planet. The statistics are proof that the U.S. is not a free nation with as many of it's citizens that are in jail and prison.

The majority of law enforcement are hypocrites. The only law enforcement that I have a little respect for are the ones that are members of LEAP who often have been fired once their commanders found out that they support ending the drug war.Many of the members of LEAP are ex-cops, ex-judges,ex-prosecutors who woke up and saw the real truth.

With Colorado,Oregon,and Washington state having recreational legalization bills this fall, at least one of them will be successful. Then , you will start seeing other states begin to pass recreational bills after they see that society isn't going to crash and the FEDs just blow hot air and be helpless to stop it.Legalization is on it's way, there are too many people pushing hard for it.

MMJ use is viewed in a different light than recreational use. That's how come MMJ spread slow to other states after California's 1996 MMJ amendment. Legalization for recreational use will spread to other states MUCH quicker than MMJ legalization. I don't see the FEDs ever changing their Federal laws on marijuana, and I've known for years that marijuana legalization for recreational use lays in the hands of the states.

After one of the 3 states passes recreational legalization this fall, within just a few years I foresee every state in the U.S. either having MMJ pass or both MMJ and recreational legalization pass. Marijuana freedom is going to come back like it was pre-1937 but it's going to be on the state's level and a state's rights issue.

The Federal Govt's biggest lobbyist for keeping it illegal is the pharmaceutical industries because they cannot patent a plant that anyone can grow in their house and backyard and they know how many illnesses that it can cure and treat. It's a money issue, but the Feds cannot and will not ever say this and will continue to spew their propaganda cover story of it wrecking society and perpetuating crime. It's the Federal Govt. who is responsible by proxy for creating the environment for organized crime cartels,street gangs, drug related violence and murders, and other social decay by creating drug laws.

The first major drug regulation was the Harrison Narcotics Act of 1914, then marijuana prohibition in 1937, then the DEA creation in 1973, and then in the 1980's is when they really came down hard on tightening judicial drug related sentences. If no drug laws had ever been created, society would've been a lot better off.

Recreational legalization is going to piss off the Feds so damn bad as well as many local state law enforement and I can't wait to read their rants of fear-mongering when they see legalization start spreading all over the U.S. Their days of jailing people over a plant are going to soon come to an end and I think a lot of them know it.

It's just too bad that when legalization has spread everywhere, that all of the people who served time and had property stolen from them by the state and Feds won't ever be compensated as well as those who have Felony records that are marijuana related will still carry those Felonies to their grave. People who are serving long sentences for state-charged marijuana crimes will probably still continue to serve their sentences after every state has legalized marijuana. Damage that has already happened will never be made up for but at least our children and children's children and so on won't have to put up with future damage that the current drug war is responsible for.

13. [quote name='oltex'] 7,000 plants.

They couldn't have gotten all of them...who's up for a hike lol.

14. Since it isn't ripe and no watering or care is being given to them,,wasted trip if no rain every few days has occurred.

15. I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy........yet.

16. This is fucking ridiculous...It's people like him that kill my respect for law enforcement.

How does he figure that legalizing weed will cause MORE cartels and increase the drug empires? If weed is legal, everyone and their mother is going to start to grow their own because it's cheaper and way more effective (based on assumptions as I don't grow), they won't rely on weed that's from another country and is lesser quality (unless the person grows schwagg, but to each his own).

This guy reminds me of my college's "police detective" (a pretty title given to the one that couldn't join the FBI so she spends her life busting kids) speech about how my smoking weed supports terrorism. Her argument is that, since I buy my weed from mexico, as "all weed in america comes from mexico, look it up on the internet", and it's "been proven that the mexicans are sending money to al qaeda", that I'm supporting the terrorists in the middle east.

I called her out on that, saying that america is technically supporting the terrorists and drug empires by forcing everyone to buy their weed from them. This pissed her off haha. It's the exact same as during alcohol prohibition, there were lots of alcohol smugglers from Canada to Michigan....Hell, my relatives were....And they continue to make money because it's illegal and people can't readily get it...

This guy is a dumbass...I'm sick of everyone being made a criminal because they want to be free in a so-called free country.

17. All it takes is a look at history of alcohol prohibition to see what would happen. Prohibition of anything puts it in the hands of the black market. And if there is a demand for it there will be a supply. Simple as that. Making laws against drugs only put society in more danger and use tax dollars to incarcerate people. If weed is legal guess who people will be getting it from. The dispensaries. That will put the black market out of business.

Heres your sign!

18. its good to have friends who grow 365 days a year and my little grow= i dont smoke cartel weed anymore, i never find seeds in my bud

19. I'm too much of a patriot to smoke Mexican weed... Having said that.. 7000 plants sounds like it took some serious work, as a grower you have to tip your hat to that. Lastly if the Mexicans came over the border and grow the bud in a us national forest, why are we still referring to it as Mexican weed? (I'm pretty sure the bulk packaging for smuggling across the border is where the loss in quality comes from)