Blueberry & cheese auto, 250w & 400w Not Sure's 'ganic ganja grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Thicken Dense, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Damn buddy. That scrog is looking fantastic this time around, I'd say someone learned from their mistakes. :yay:

39" on the Cheese eh, that proves to me that I got hammered by that root lock. Fucking starter pots promised that wouldn't happen. Very eager to see what you pull off that, be prepared for its fruity cerebral goodness. :smoke:

2. sup fellas, all is looking good. I've got some downtime with my grow, everything is pretty much on autopilot right now. I estimate 30 days to the 80-day mark for my autotree, blueberry scrog should be done 3-4 weeks after that, and the clones... I estimate another 4 weeks after that. So I'll have a harvest every 4 weeks :smoke:

After much thought, I decided NOT to lollipop my scrog, at least not all at once. Perhaps if she starts shedding leaves I will slowly defoliate the undergrowth, but she just looks so perfect and happy that I really don't want to stress her right now. Additionally, she's only 14" from soil to tops in a 7 gal smartpot under a 250w hps and I will keep her no taller than 16", so all things considered I'm going to let her go natural.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

future budsites...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here, you can see how I use the screen, twine, and safety pin to pull a branch in any direction I want.
    [​IMG]

dense, emerald foliage
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My autotree
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

^this will be my bonsai mother, I found Microgrower's thread to be very informative http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced...sai-mother-technique[step-step-tutorial].html
    ...cheap ass pot, had to wrap it in foil tape to keep light out. I will attempt to keep her on organics but if that doesn't work out I have GH flora series as a backup.

Thanks for checking out my grow!! :smoke:

Attached Files:

3. Everything is looking amazing bro!

4. Thanks Ice!! Loving your setup too, you really did your homework and got some good deals man. Cheers!! :smoke:

5. yeah for my first indoor....im surprised myself lol

6. I see what you mean now about the autotree. That thing is insanely massive, to be quite honest I'm both surprised and concerned about the wide internodal spacing. It's almost as if your hid light penetration means nothing to it and it's stretching up toward it. I know clones respond to age instead of light cycle, maybe that has something to do with it.

In any event, stellar grow NS. This is panning out nicely.

7. Thanks bro!! Yea, that was some fast stretching, I've never seen anything like it. Wish I knew if it was an error on my part but I just can't figure it out. Maybe if I had her on a reduced light cycle, or kept my day/night temps closer. I mean, some of those leaves have like 8"-10" stalks and internode spacing is way the fuck out there, at least on the lower parts. The top is shaping up though. She's 3' across in some places, almost 4' tall lol. :smoke:

8. [quote name='"Not Sure"']

Thanks bro!! Yea, that was some fast stretching, I've never seen anything like it. Wish I knew if it was an error on my part but I just can't figure it out. Maybe if I had her on a reduced light cycle, or kept my day/night temps closer. I mean, some of those leaves have like 8"-10" stalks and internode spacing is way the fuck out there, at least on the lower parts. The top is shaping up though. She's 3' across in some places, almost 4' tall lol. :smoke:[/quote]

I just can't see what error you could have made that would cause it to turn into a stretch armstrong plant. Aside from the obvious reason plants stretch upward, not enough light. We both know that isn't the case. My best guess is its just one of those things that you can't predict, and as long as the plant is healthy there's no need to sweat it.

Speaking of massive plants, I have a 4' tall Brussels sprout plant that has turned my backyard into a butterfly conservatory. That's quite comical. Lol

Best of luck to you in the next few weeks, I'm liking the idea of a 4 week staggered harvest. :smoke:

9. Thanks bro, I'm pretty sure its a fluke, never heard anything bad about dinafem or this strain. I just can't rule out my own error as I've never grown this strain before.

Lol, I tried to clone a butterfly bush from a friend of mine last spring for the same purposes, didn't know brussel sprouts attract them. I'm starting some garlic in my grow heard its a natural pest repellent. Id love to turn my entire backyard into a garden, learning about organics has given me a different perspective on life... :)

10. Ahhh.. finally, a weekend off from work. Went to the Fireman's parade yesterday, 40 volunteer fire companies from my county. They get judged on everything so it's really quite a show. Straight uniforms, polished firetrucks and emergency vehicles, old-school manual firefighting rigs, full regalia on display. Lots of friends and relatives marching/driving, whole community came out in support, it was a great day. I'll post pics from my new phone when I figure out how to remove the geotagging, if it's there (samsung galaxy 5 stratosphere, if anybody can help)

The garden is looking nice, scrog is done stretching after only 2 weeks of 12/12. Cheese is looking overstretched and I may only see popcorn off her, but there's a lot of resin production so that will make up for it later.

Cheese
    [​IMG]
    blueberry clones
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm pleased with how easy it is to keep a 250w cool, with good circulation I keep my hand an inch from the bulb without being uncomfortable. My scrog is 16" total, stretching seems to have stopped. I've got 8" above the screen and 8" below the screen, all of the buds are above. Since most of the undergrowth is old, still green, and there is no buds or new growth, that it is not taking energy from the plant but rather, providing it. If there were buds there, and my scrog was a little taller I would've lollipopped. But I feel that a 16" plant under a 250w isn't going to benefit from that method.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can see the indentation I created for my fan so nothing gets damaged or too much of a breeze
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Hey man, looks great.

Maybe the cheese is just from a bad pheno. Are you having some nutrient issues on her?

I (think) I see some deficiencies creeping around down there, though it could just be the lighting.

On the other hand, your clones, your scrog, look flawless. Great job this run man, really.

12. Yepper, some of the lower leaves on cheese are turning, and a few tips are as well. I gave her an aact about 2 weeks ago, she took in a lot of nitrogen and turned a darker green. I'll probably top-dress today, even if it doesn't help by harvest.

Thanks for the words, it's so easy I feel like she's doing all the work (and she is lol) but yea, this is an excellent strain. She's still got 6-7 weeks to fatten up and I haven't counted the days on my cheese yet but I figure 3-4 weeks

13. [quote name='"Not Sure"']
    she took in a lot of nitrogen and turned a darker green. [/quote]

There's a recurring theme in strain description from Dinafem. More often than not they boldly claim that they love tons of nutrients, and that heavy feeding won't bother them. Just a thought..

14. Gotta say I love the way this is shaping up! I've got a blueberry of my own I'm currently flowering in a small cabinet with a couple cfls. Been taking pics every few days and when it finishes I'll post them, it looks super similar to your BB, but waaay smaller! Keep up the good work man!

15. Thanks brother!! Post a pic of your plant when you get a chance, I'd love to see how she's turning out. Where did you get yours, if you don't mind me asking? Here's the info on mine... (I thought mine was 90% indica, lol I'll live with 80%)

Blueberry Feminized Marijuana Seeds
    I grew one of these about 6 months ago and the shit was bomb, but I only had one more seed so I put my other genetics to the side so I could get more out of it. Next grow: OG Kush from Dinafem

@cheesed: I made another aact last night, slightly less ewc and molasses... 1/2 cup ewc to 3 gal, 2 tbsp molasses. The scrog is finally showing some yellow so she'll get a generous soak. I'll be making a separate nutrient tea with kelp for my auto only, as the rest of them are doing fine, nutrient-wise.

That brings me to something interesting that I read in the organics forum, that by adding a few cups of glacial rock dust (or any rock dust) to your soil you provide more anchors for the bacteria, thus resulting in a healthier soil. I never used it because it takes so long to break down, but apparently the benefits are immediate.http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1111289-rock-dust.html

16. Day 21 of 12/12
    9 weeks from seed

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think there's a bit more internodal spacing with HPS for veg, no big deal. Clones are 3 weeks from rooting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheese is 61 days in and all trichs are cloudy, haven't found an amber yet. Frosty as fuck :D Tied her up a bit to make room.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BonsaiEEE!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Local hydro shop threw a party on saturday, they raffled off a couple thousand worth of equipment. Hydro farms, HPS, T-5, nutrient packages, couple of huge Raptor hoods. I didn't win shit, but I walked out with 4 bags of free samples :D

[​IMG]

17. Those extreme teas are the ones I have been using. You should be pleased with them for the most part.

How is the dankity dank odor, noticing anything yet?

18. WOOO!!! I forgot to mention, when I moved her I caught some whiff. Squeezed a bud and she smelled exactly like you described, multiple sweet tones, very much different from the diesel. I can't wait to try this one, looks and smells like she's got some kick to her :smoke:

edit: what is the "activator" for these teas? I assume it's molasses.

19. I would imagine so, never thought to inquire about that actually. If I had the pack still laying around I would look.

Got me curious. What inspired your new title?

20. #60 Thicken Dense, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2012
    [quote name='"Cheesed"']I would imagine so, never thought to inquire about that actually. If I had the pack still laying around I would look.

Got me curious. What inspired your new title?[/quote]

Lol, its from the movie "idiocracy"... "Not Sure" is supposed to be getting it on with a hooker but is planning an escape, the Rtards show up and say "we were wondering if we could get it on with her too, you know... family style" ....I guess you have to see it, lol