Blueberry & cheese auto, 250w & 400w Not Sure's 'ganic ganja grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Thicken Dense, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Woooh... (Streches a bit), well, I've read to this point and I'm following along from here out. That mom looks amazingly health, and w00t for clones! It seems like organics is working well for you, wish it did the same for me, but I've noticed it to be a multi part process.

Couldn't help but notice the raws your smoking on. Solid choice, its a staple in this house hold. Have you seen the footlong raws they make?

2. What's up tt!! Thanks for the comments :smoke:

Yea, I underestimated a lot of this organic stuff but I'm starting to get it, my plants seem to be loving it so far. It's interesting to me in a biology 101 sort of way, where chems and meters is like science class. I should've paid more attention in high school :eek:

Yep, love these papers, had to order off amazon but damn... footlongs?? I'd need a footlong rolling mat :eek:

Thanks for checking in bro!! This is going to be a fun ride :bongin:

3. [quote name='"Not Sure"']

What's up tt!! Thanks for the comments :smoke:

Yea, I underestimated a lot of this organic stuff but I'm starting to get it, my plants seem to be loving it so far. It's interesting to me in a biology 101 sort of way, where chems and meters is like science class. I should've paid more attention in high school :eek:

Yep, love these papers, had to order off amazon but damn... footlongs?? I'd need a footlong rolling mat :eek:

Thanks for checking in bro!! This is going to be a fun ride :bongin:[/quote]

Yeah, that is one aspect of the organics I do like. Its like a fun, hands on experiment. I'm working with DWC and chem nutes, and its basicly just set up and grow...not as fun.
    I tried making the general organics line work for me, and it sort of did, but not to the fullest I feel. Might have to dust em off again next round.

And yeah, I have to let my roomy tackle the foot longs, I still don't know how he does it. And he doesn't use a mat either...

4. looking good it the box NS.
    i'll tag along for the ride.
    how did the first scrog in the smaller box turn out then ?
    middy

5. Hey Middie!! good to see you, all is well?

Thanks for hopping on, you've always been a tremendous help to me. My last scrog got the machete 4 weeks or so into flower, I couldn't keep her healthy enough with such a small pot. As you can see though, I've gone more than double for this one.

No pics today, but I did pot 4 of my clones and my last two are looking good. I'm using Xtreme Gardening glomus intraradices (80 spores/g) in 2 of my clones and none in the other two, just to see how effective it is. My cheese is going to pass 2', and I wouldn't be surprised if she hits 3'. That would be about the same height as my photoperiod plants.

6. Thank you NS,
    you have good looking plants man & i love the Blueberry mum in the scrog :yummy: and i hope to pick up a few tips on soil & organics from you for my next years outside grow.

all ok in the milk truck :),
    8 new Kalashnikova clones have just gone under the scrog :) and the milk truck has been set it up to run a perpetual grow now, but i don't know if i will have time to get a full rotation going this year as i'll be working away from CZ for a while,
    still waiting for paperwork :mad: before we can go.

the bigger pot sound like a good idear i'm sure that you will get a load of fat buds this time without any problems at all.
    middy

7. :rubs hands together: :D

Busy day for me here, lots of running around and sweating like a coal miner, filthy arms and forehead from mixing dirt. There's nothing better than a full, hard day's work, and loving every minute of it. OK, lots of pics today so I'll just start with my soil mix.

For my blueberry clones I'm using Roots Organic. I picked up (4) 1.5 cu ft bags but I only used 3. Now, this stuff looks great on the inside... complete ready-to-grow out of the bag I mean it's got everything. Forest hummus, ewc, guano, kelp meal, fish bone meal, soybean meal, greensand, and alfalfa meal. I don't know how well it would do for Mg deficiencies which I get all the time, and I plan on using the nutrients in the pots for seed to harvest (or clone to harvest), so I'm going to amend this already perfect soil.

For each 1.5 bag I used:
    2 cups Espoma plant-tone 5-3-3 (organic npk is debatable, I'm using it as a reference point for my other goodies)
    .75 cups kelp meal 1-0-2
    1 cup rock phosphate 0-3-0
    1.5 cups powdered dolomite

and that's it. I've been following some organic journals, and would like to try no-till gardening, where I re-use the soil for future grows after conditioning it. I have to read up more on it so more on that later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My organic jalapenos :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. Here is my blueberry scrog. I just counted the weeks and I thought she was further along than 6, but I can't complain.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The next three are my cheese auto (25")
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, my cheese auto is looking a little stretchy and I think I could've helped that by leaving her with the MH bulb for another week or two, instead of switching to HPS so soon.

She was showing a deficiency which is apparent on page one, I gave her the AACT tea and it stopped immediately, as you can see. I believe that there are plenty of organics in my soil to last several grows but when an organic soil appears to have run out of nutrients, again I believe that it's due to a reduced or non-existent microbe population in the soil. There are a few ways that can happen, such as letting my pots dry out too much, adding chems, or what have you. But it's apparent to me that maintaining or replenishing the population of bacteria is beneficial.

I'm sure I forgot a few things, fire away if anybody wants :bongin:

Attached Files:

9. My cheese auto went to 80 days just lettin ya know..so dank and worth it mine looked just like dinafems pic on attitude

10. [quote name='"TinTizzy"']My cheese auto went to 80 days just lettin ya know..so dank and worth it mine looked just like dinafems pic on attitude[/quote]

I love when other people have information on this strain. I only let mine go 64 days and it is quite delicious.

Great shots NS, I'm blown the fuck away each and every time you post at how fast your plants are coming along.

11. #31 Thicken Dense, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012
    Thank you bro!! Yea, I figured she might go longer but hopefully she'll be harvested by the time I flip my clones. 80 days might be too long but then again it might be perfect. All things considered, I think any more than 4 weeks veg for my clones will be too much.

I'm blown away too, I appreciate the compliments but I owe every bit of it to the community for sharing their knowledge. I noticed too that this pheno is incredibly stable, good genetics to work with make a huge difference as well.

Thanks for the compliments (and the specific info, for which I owe you twice :)) :smoke:

Thanks for the info and for checking in!! Hope you stick around for the harvest TT, Cheers!!!

12. Yea can't wait for the harvest they look great!

13. #33 Thicken Dense, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2012
    This is driving me crazy.. stretched 6" in 3 days... (31")

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anybody experience this? I've got plenty of headroom so I'm not worried about it, but I've never seen a plant stretch this fast... it's pretty amazing actually, even if it does look like sticks and leaves.

10 days seems to be the norm for rooting clones from this girl, I've got one left to root and I'll be 6/6. I'm going to keep one for the genetics, so I can spread the love. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I started 12/12 yesterday on my scrog. I'm going to try leaving the MH bulb in for a few weeks, I've read that it reduces stretching. I just have to remember to change bulbs in a week or two.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For anybody who didn't see my last harvest, I got mold in the first few days of drying on a lot of my donkey dicks, so I didn't cure the surviving buds :( but I harvested one plant a few weeks later, kept it mold free, and cured it. It's nice to finally take a hit and NOT cough. Not a very good pic, but this diesel is covered in trichs :smoke:
    [​IMG]

Any thoughts from my fellow growers here? :smoke:

14. looking good man!

15. Thanks bro!! Lots of stinkin plants in veg now :)

Update: I transplanted 3 of my clones into their final pots, those 6" pots have fat drainage holes in the bottom so I just waited until I saw roots poking through. Nice, fat, hairy white roots, right into the 7 gal pots with a healthy dose of glomus intraradices each. Three potted clones left, one more for the 400w, one to keep as a mother, and one for the compost pile.

My scrog is taking a gallon every 3-4 days. I never get runoff and I don't let the soil dry out either, a method I picked up from Jerry's organic obsession thread. Another advantage of this scrog rack is that I can pick it up and feel how light it is, which gives me the most accuracy as far as judging how much water is in the pot. 4 days into 12/12 with the MH and growth rate is consistent.

My cheese auto... is still stretching 2" per day. Can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. She's showing zero deficiencies (unless stretching is a sign of deficiency?), temps are 78f (without the a/c) which isn't too bad, she's in a 3 gal smartpot, it just doesn't seem normal to me. I guess I was just hoping for a small, compact 1-2 ounce plant... I definitely should've topped this one. On the plus side, budsites are beginning to multiply which hopefully means that the stretch is almost over. I think I've still got 5-6 weeks to the 80 day mark.

Cheers!! :bongin:

16. Breeders suggest 60-120cm by completion for your cheese. I wouldn't sweat it too much unless you start running low on headroom.

Topping an auto, that's a touchy subject. I've always read that they can't recover quick enough from that sort of trauma.

17. Ah, so it's to be expected then. I've always thought that autos were significantly smaller than photo's but I guess they come in all shapes and sizes :smoke:

Yea, that's why I left her alone, I figured there's only so much veg time and I didn't want to fuck with that. Cheers!! :smoke:

18. Well whaddya know, I finally got my AACT together :smoke:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I picked up a 20w air compressor and 4 airstones for my teas. 1 cup castings, 4 tbsp molasses in 4 gal of dechlorinated water. I used a zip-tie to suspend the sock away from the side so it gets more air and circulation. Will brew for 20 hrs @ 70f before applying.

19. [quote name='"Not Sure"']Well whaddya know, I finally got my AACT together :smoke:

I picked up a 20w air compressor and 4 airstones for my teas. 1 cup castings, 4 tbsp molasses in 4 gal of dechlorinated water. I used a zip-tie to suspend the sock away from the side so it gets more air and circulation. Will brew for 20 hrs @ 70f before applying.[/quote]

That's a fantastic idea! Your plants, they're like children of royalty. :laughing:

20. They certainly are :smoke: ...it helps too that I work overnights, so I have all day every day to give them attention and think of new shit to try (while baked, of course)

I'm using hemp twine to help keep my canopy even, safety pins in the fabric pot for easy in-out adjusting. My autotree is 39" lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:smoke:

Attached Files: