Will my plant be ok with this kind of light?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by weedman299, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Hello, so my seed is sprouting now on the top and right now until i get paid next week im using a 23watt cfl which =100watts on that plant plus im
    Using a 60watt incandesent for warmth because i dont have money unti next week. Will this be ok for my plant for the next 7 days? It looks like its going very well?

Thanks

2. Forget the 100 watts and go by actual watts.....Keep the 23 watter as close as you can to the seedling(2-4")without damaging the plant. The incandescent light won't help much for spectrum but, proly ok to provide some heat. I would put that light closer to the root area....
    All in all a 23 watt 5000-6500K should work just fine for a seedling. The only thing I hear you saying is your might be in a cold climate and you should keep the seedling above the floor where it's warmer and get a heat mat when you get the money...

Let us know how she turned out....

3. Rather than add a 100w incandescent, would you happen to have an extra 4-foot fixture available? That gives you plenty of light without excessive heat. I've had nice results from a T-5 fixture, but anything will help.
    Too much heat is not good, but no such thing as too much light!