The DUI Club

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Gregsta, Aug 8, 2012.

1. I had an old friend drink and dive once. He tore up his bumper and blew through a police roadblock and didn't even realize it, under 18. License suspended for a year, tons of fines and stuff. I have no sympathy for people who drink and drive. My friend coulda killed someone and he never would har known. Save the drunk shenanigans for the bar an your house, not on the road.

2. If you wanna avoid the Sr-22 fees either,

A) De-register the vehicle when you get the DUI or...

B) "Sell" the vehicle to a friend or family member by transferring the title to their name.

Best advice I can give is don't drink and drive

3. Yeah, my insurance, and it's on any car as long as it's not registered to the address of my license, is 55 a month... sadly my license expired and now I gotta go retake that test :(

4. my sister has two dui's, totaled her bfs car then had to buy a new one with a loan(need full coverage) the insurance was more than the monthly car payment on a less than 3000$ car.

5. i got a dui because my fucking taillight was out...

and for all you who look down on us for having a dui... if you've smoked in the past 2-3 weeks and driven, you're guilty of a DUI.

6. #26 weedandtubes, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
    I know you're in Az, so you may find this helpful. I was talking to a Glendale officer one time and you can get a DWI, which has the same consequences for having marijuana "metabolites" in your system. So, you can be perfectly sober, but you fail a piss test, they can charge you. It's rarely done, normally they do blood samples which is around 12 hours up to 24, if I remember right. I may not be 100% on the time, I just draw the blood, not test it :rolleyes: He said it's normally the people that just piss the officer off, so they try and rack up the charges.
    He told me a story about a guy who he arrested for criminal speeding, the guy spit in his face back at 5th avenue during booking. His car was impounded already, so they went through it completley, found a little bag of weed, like maybe .05 he said, tested him, he turned positive. So, instead of crim speeding, he got possession, reckless driving, DWI, assault on an officer (for spitting) among a few others. He said he went in the room after and told the guy "If you fucking spit in my face again, I'm putting a goddamn bullet in you." Apparently they don't put up with spitting ;)
    I'm lucky that I'm on good terms with the police :) ha. My old neighbor growing up was the ex chief of police for Glendale. His wife baby sat me until I was 8, lol. He got me out of a lot of shit when I was young and stupid.

7. [quote name='"papageorgio"']i got a dui because my fucking taillight was out...

and for all you who look down on us for having a dui... if you've smoked in the past 2-3 weeks and driven, you're guilty of a DUI.[/quote]

People don't hate on you having a DUI. People hate on you for driving drunk. DUI or not. I admit I smoke and drive EVERYDAY. But you can not compare smoke and drink when it comes to driving. For example I can smoke 5 bowls and get up and walk around I'm stoned as fuck but if I drink 5 beers and go to get up I stumble. It's not always yourself you end up hurting. Had too many friends on both ends of the DUI accident. It's not worth it people. One friend Conner killed by a drunk driver. Cindy had just dropped off her best friend off at home of a night of partying and didn't make it down the street home.. Then a few friends were on their way from one party to another. Diesel truck tire in the road and 2 of them were ejected and one was in a coma for over a month (made full recovery). Just isn't worth it man.....

8. [quote name='"InitialToke93"']

Fuck that's strict![/quote]

Not really In California they changed the law 4th DUI mandatory prison time , felony , 10year suspension

9. yeah, the last time i went to court i watched multiple people plead guilty to operating under the influence and get $150 fines and occasionally a month without their license. i plead guilty to possession of a usable amount (maybe .2g) and got a $350 fine.

that's not the same thing at all. you could get busted for OUI but you're not actually driving while under the influence. my cousin got an OUI for the same thing when he was a minor, borrowed someone else's truck and they had a taillight out. thing is, his father is a repeat offender (felony status shit). has a device plugged into his truck that requires him to blow into it, just to start the truck and then at random intervals while the truck is running.

i was almost killed by a woman driving under the influence of oxycodone. i narrowly avoided a head-on collision @ 60mph. she was a repeat offender and absolutely should not have had all the chances the state gave her. she was also pregnant at the time AND had two kids younger than six in the van at the time of the accident.

i think OUI (DUI in other states) laws should be much stricter.

10. #30 Zònk, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
    If you are talking about the fact that I am driving with traces of marijuana in my system and that I can get a DUI because of that then yes Im guilty and thats fucked up that I can get charged because of that. I only look down on those who were blatantly under the influence and chose to drive, endangering their own life and those around them. In a situation where you are charged because there is no way to prove you were under the influence of marijuana except for a drug test which may detect something from a month ago then Im not going to look down on you. Now if you have been swigging back beers all day and can hardly walk a straight line then drive, yeah im going to judge you and honestly I think you should never be allowed to drive again.

11. and i can have a BAC of .125 and not stumble at all, and drive perfectly fine. it's all relative.

in my state it is the exact same thing. there are no OUI's here. a friend of mine got in a fender bender, he was driving a company vehicle. he was sober but when something like that happens they require a drug test. he failed for pot (even though he wasn't high at the time) and boom, DUI.

i know i'm on the losing end of this argument but i'm not gonna change my stance no matter how many stories of people getting killed by drunk drivers i hear. yeah, drunk driving is dangerous, so is eating and driving. texting and driving, talking on the phone and driving, operating your stereo and driving, driving while sleepy. putting on makeup and driving, hell, being a woman and driving. i know my limits, if i'm too drunk to drive i don't. simple as that.

12. Ok man think of it this way. A friend of my parents stopped and had a few beers with his buddies on the way home from work. On the way home he got in an accident on the freeway and hit and killed a 34 yr old woman and her 8 yr old daughter.... Not only did he ruin his life and spend 14 an a half years in prison. HE KILLED TWO COMPLETELY INNOCENT PEOPLE. An 8 yr old girl with her entire life ahead of her. Tell me.... How could YOU live with yourself...? Think about it.. Because of alcohol.. Because of alcohol.

13. i realize DUI and OUI are the same thing.

i meant, testing positive for cannabis smoked in the days before and getting an OUI is not the same thing driving under the influence of alcohol and blowing over your state's legal limit, morally. if you don't see how those differ, you are a fool.

14. i understand. i'll clarify my stance by saying that my states legal limit and my own are not the same.

15. That's wack I fell bad for him I would be HEATED :rolleyes:

16. I received a DUI for having marijuana metabolites in my system. Taillight was out as a result of a blown fuse=pulled over. Cop said I did well on sobriety tests, still decides to take me to hospital and draw blood. This results in a DUI and approximately 5K+ in expenses.

17. thats sooo shitty you coulda smoked so much longer ago than the affects of marijuana last and still have the metabolites

18. As I said earlier, blood is normally only good for around 12-24 hours. They don't normally do piss tests, but if they did that is where you would be really fucked. Could of smoked 3 weeks ago and still test positive. A lot of cops don't even know about metabolites being the law, rather than marijuana itself and the effects there of. I was pulled over a year or two ago with a friend and he asked us "Do you have any marijuana in the car? I smell some." I replied that we had none, but had in fact smoked in the car about a day before (my car always smells like weed). He said he wanted to search to make sure, I said go right ahead. He found nothing, said he couldn't do anything about us smoking the day before, and said have a nice day. Even gave me a warning, rather than citing me for speeding.

19. 5 nanograms per ml of blood is the THC metabolite equivalent of a 0.08 BAC in my state of PA. My attorney speculates that approximately one to two joints per week once a week and you're technically never legal to drive as a result of the small amount of metabolites residing in your bloodstream

20. Got done for driving on ketamine supposedly about a year ago. It was actually that MXE stuff off the internet, the forensics who analysed the drugs said it was amphetamine, I thought it was MXE and the blood tests said ketamine so fuck knows. I reckon it was metabolised into K in my blood and they stitched me up for the amphet when they couldn't work out what it was, or maybe it was cut with it.