Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hemp Oil for Stage 4 Liver Cancer (need info and assistance)

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by PA76, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Sorry to hear you 2 are having trouble, it would help if you provide more details such as what strains you used, what solvent you used to make the oil, and any other treatments (chemo/radiation/etc) or prescriptions they are on. Also for apetite you may want to add olive/peanut/coconut oil: 

2. We have decided to use rso in an effort to reduce or eliminate my wifes breast cancer which was first diagnosed 3 years ago and rediagnosed 7 months ago when it returned to the lungs liver and bones. Stage 4 breast cancer with mets.
    She has done 2 protocols at 60 grams/ea and was ingesting 2 grams a day. the rso is from a reliable source( a a collegue of rs)
    First , the dosage I have been giving her has had to decrease by 1/2- she is now doing less than 3/4 gram/ day as she seems to get toasted by the level she had before the last chemo which we discontinued 3 weeks ago. from then until now she is easily fatiqued, shows no jaundice and is on painkillers for the back and hips. the doctors are now saying that the liver shows an increase in tumor size( 13 small tumors in all). in anyones opinion does this mean the oil is working.? are there any cases where the oil does not work after the first 120gram dose?? My wife has been doing chemo and we double the doses when she does but the chemo is only 1/month as she cant tolerate any more. She has some pain in her
    hip however since doing the oil we beleive that has also improved slightly. But how do you argue with a mri that shows an increase in tumor sizes.? her tumor count when last checked showed 2000-down from
    4000. any comments from anyone?-please can anyone see any silver lining in this case?. We really would like an answer to the decrease in rso that is now neccessary-is this becuase of the liver getting worse.?please someone answer this as I dont want to give my wife an apparent cure only to find out later I caused an increase in her desease.We will continue to use the oil but really would
    like to know some opinions from somebody with some experience in these matters. thank-you kindly for your time in this matter. Granny may know or possibly know of someone who can explain some of this stuff.

3. First the bad news, cannabis oil is not 100% effective. That is the truth, as cold as it is.

If your wife can only tolerate 1 chemo treatment per month then it probably is causing significant systemic damage that must also be healed by the oil. As much as people talk about "research", the side effects of chemo are still a large black hole. Oncologists don't know every possible type of damage chemo causes.

You don't say what painkiller(s) she is taking but they are all liver toxic. All of them. Cannabis is not.

Are you dosing 3 times a day and consistently increasing the dose. It is critical to stay on the ragged edge.

Have you removed all processed food from the diet? Contains High Fructose Corn Sugar that is complete garbage.

High dose vtamin C (10 mg a day or to bowel tolerance)

Omega 3 oil. 2 to 4 grams a day

An 8 ounce glass of water with 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda and lemon juice for flavour.That is all she should drink.At least 6 glasses a day, have to stay hydrated. No soda pop or juice allowed (contains high fructose corn sugar). Coffee or tea are Ok, in particular lemon grass tea.

Cannabis cannot cause an increase in her cancer. It doesn't work that way. That thought is self-flagellation. Save that for later.

I completely understand how you are feeling right now. Been there. Try and find someone that you can unload the massive weight you are carrying. Talk. Women are good at it,men not so much.

Hope this helps a little.

All the best.

4. @[member="HarryParatestes"]

Thanks harry
    Got very little support group here and an 8 year old girl whom i'm sure is getting an idea of  whats going to happen to mom.
    I am an engineer who is caretaker for my wife. The only thing ive been able to use is the computer and thats a mixed blessing. we'll continue with the oil and up the omega3. vit c is a little problem as my wife has discovered in the past that she is allergic to higher dose of vit c( causes diarrehea). She is well hydrated, and our diet was always very good. from time to time i let her indulge. She takes hydromorphone 12mg/24 hrs for some pain in the back, ribs and hip, gabapenten for shooting nerve pain, nausea pills for some nausea from the pain pills, the list goes on. We are awaiting yet another MRI and bone scan to tell the doctor and her where to go from here. she wanted a chemo break to see if the oil did something. I hope it did , I would rather do just the oil, not the chemo as I realize it does more than hit the cancer. I'll try the lemon juice and baking soda as she has to take pills to allow her a BM which she hasnt had in 4 days(just did it). She is very thin and fatigued all the time so from time to tme she also takes a steroid. 

thanks again for the feedback

5. @[member="HarryParatestes"]
    I forgot -the main reason I was concerned about the dosing of RSO was becasue we used to up at 1.5-2 g/day, but ive reduced becasue all o a sudden (no chemo presently) she cannot take that dose- it makes her pass out for 2 days or she is incoherent. The only other thing i can think that ids related is recently she lost weight- about 15% body weight and its related to that or the breast cancer in the liver is advancing??
    any comments

6. Diarrhea is bowel tolerance,you want to stay just under the level of vit C that causes it. Multiple doses per day are usually better. It would also make the constipation a non issue.

Morphine and gabapentin both cause the symptoms (fatigue,dizziness,being out of it) that you describe. They are also liver toxic.Neither can be discontinued quickly without heavy withdrawal.

I would suggest the cumulative efffect of the pain meds is causing the lower tolerance for RSO. If your wife is like most people it will be difficult to convince her to stop or reduce them. Doctors know stuff and all that.

She must move. Even laps around the living room will do. The body needs movement to function.

Listen, I'm just a layman with empirical evidence of the efficacy of cannabis. I may also be blinded by my distrust and disgust at western medicine. So take everything I say and run it through your bullshit detector. Just understand cannabis has never caused the death of of anyone,ever.

All the best

7. #27 caretakerich, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2013
    thanks-
    just wanted to add-all that you say makes sense. However she was on the same level of pain meds before so i suspect the liver to be worse. just wish i knew for sure. Bye the way-never used this type of commun ication before how can i get more people to comment? Bye for now
    thanks again.

8. I have no answer for how to get people to respond. For most things I have no answer,but I fake it.

Start some threads,ask questions,comment on other peoples threads. Most threads on boards don't carry on very long.

All the best.

9. I am not sure how these forums work as this is my first time on it.

my grannie got liver cancer stage 4 and we immediately change her diet to organic fresh juices and fruits like Berries and pineapple. We also started giving her cannabis oil a week ago and she felt relief in pain and slept a lot, however yesterday her skin turned yellow and we found out that she's got jaundice. I don't understand how this happened. I have looking for information all over but can't find any. It would be really helpful if someone knows what we should do to help her.
    Thank you [​IMG]