Can we breed stronger smoking males?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by kjbaran, Aug 6, 2012.

1. That's right mmman. This is how i create my seeds. By smoking the males after

they have flowered. And if its potent it will resin the joint right up. You can also

choose the strongest by the smell at night.

2. the only cool thing ive ever heard about with males is weed farmers that put a beehive in the middle of their feild and the bees collect pollen from just the weed plants and then take it back to the hive and make it into some tasty weed honey. sounds pretty f'in cool to me.

3. never seen a bee touch a male....ever.

Guess it coukd happen, but canna is air pollenation..no insect/avian vector used.

4. ya but if u have a bee hive right in the middle of a gigantic weed feild obviously there going to collect the pollen from the weed plants because thats what bees do, its in their nature. and there wont be any other plants around them so they will just go for the males.

5. Not into edibles myself, but if you are I guess it would be cool :smoking:

You seem to have a lot of attitude ?? in most of your posts on this site :confused:
    Must be nice to Know Everything :confused_2:

6. Try the ignore list, if you have issues with me posting facts. Don't troll.:wave:

7. For the average breeder, it would cost too much to have all their male plants tested for THC. When selecting a male I look for the healthies, fastest growing, and most pest resistant specimen I can find of a strain that I already know is dank. This season I grew out several males and only kept one. A seed I got out of some clone only green crack that turned out to be male. The plant has been the epitome of good health. And you bet if I ever find a male that produces trichomes, I'm gunna be all over breeding that shit. They're hard to find though.

8. Ive had one of those(trich producer)... OSD Chemdawg male from rezdog. Took forever to drop pollen.....too bad I had a killer mite problem or would a tried to clone off.

Not sure if it was the mites, the lateness of the pollen dropping(so I pollinated the girl late) or if he was just shooting blanks, but I only got about 40 beans out of her with that pollen. Open shake, no bag or gimmicks. Ohh well least I have those 4 later.

9. Had to ask around to find out what "Don't Troll "meant ?? :confused: ( Hell I ain't fishng ?? :eek: at least not right now :smoking:) why don't you check your posts ?? & see the attitude you give off ?? as for the ignore list ?? crap, I personally try NOT to ignore things it is a proven way to learn (read ,think, pay attention)there is always something that can be Learned from Anyone and/or anything at some time .
    Chose your words thoughtfully & always keep an open mind " The True Road To Learning" :metal:

10. agreed

11. It's murpheys law. When you try to pollinate a plant you only get a few seeds. When it's accidental it seeds the whole damn crop, lol.

12. some of the IDEA is dumb.. but breeding good males.. FOR BREEDING PURPOSES.. is happening.. why the hell would anyone want to smoke males? or keep males around? to pollinate ur shit? I been pollenchucking for years.. and just recently the past few years have been working on breeding.. I have found a  few males that breed some sick offspring.. but at the moment.. I was going to test the 30 males I just chopped out of my seed crop.. dry them and run threw a tiny tube for BHO. I was told from a friend.. that the tiny amount of BHO from male plants is higher in cbd.. and is a great medicine..

13. Interesting thread, just found out my biggest is male, i was thinking of trying to make hash out of it as it smells pretty good - i heard that males are a lot weaker than bud plants but they can contain a worthwhile amount of thc/cbn and it seems a shame to just kill it after watching it grow for 6 weeks.. apart from actually smoking it is there any way to get an idea of the strenghth?

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Make edibles

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Grasscity Forum mobile app