True or False: Other drugs help escape reality, MJ increases appreciation for reality

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Messiah Decoy, Aug 5, 2012.

1. #21 Desert Rose, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2013
    I both agree and disagree.

Disagree: marijuana, when used in excess, becomes an escape drug. Potheads wouldn't be high 24 hours preferring to live in an alternate reality if their lives didn't have issues.

Agree: marijuana, when used correctly, opens your eyes to things you miss whilst sober because you see situations, your life and yourself more objectively due to the different perspective gained. This is the main reason I smoke, as it helps me understand myself better; I get 'marijuana realisations' and I'm much more in touch with myself now. As a Psychology student, I see marijuana more as a psycho-therapeutic drug, and I believe it can be a great asset in medical/psycho-therapeutic settings.

Marijuana can be a great tool for self-discovery and personal development if used sensibly.

[Edit: I just realised the thread is old, but nevertheless an interesting topic.]

2. true for me. Not sure for everyone else

3. everything in moderation, including moderation. :)

being beneficial to our health it is a fantastic plant, but like "anything" else it has potential to be abused. i think if people use it with moderation in mind, they will find it to be exceptional for overall health and well being, unlike almost all other black market drugs. use it too much and you will become out of balance in certain area's of your life, it's that simple.

alcohol and the opiates are probably the worst thing you can consume, they have harsh side effects and are bad for the body in many ways, so i stay away from them.

4. I have found that most organic (from the earth) drud give me an escape but also an appreciation for sobriety. Some of the stronger psychedelics are great but on the comedown I'm always very thankful to have a firm grasp of reality for the moment.

I like how some people have said "in moderation" "if used correctly" and other high and noble sayings. I just want to throw it out there to the true stoners. If you are going to work, have a stable job, and loving family but happen to smoke everyday.. You aren't a bad person so don't let a seed start from someone else's judgments. You'll know if you use too much..