Helicopters???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by logy, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Country grow, I was just being stupid, cause I cant talk to anyone I know about this certain subject and ranting on this web site is safer than a therapist.

You are upping the risk factor big time with that weapon. Please tell me that it is in your name, and registered at that address and 100% legit, IE bought from a gun store in your state,and and not from a buddy that was having a shitty run and needed cash....

I assure you the police will not look at that weapon with the same eyes as you. They will think you are a drug-lord terrorist, locked and loaded, and ready for combat... and they will use that firearm to hang you. You can do all the research you want on this, hell go the a prison and ask what half the guys are in there for.

Please here is a much safe alternative Knife Throwing.info - The sport of throwing knives. :D

seriously, this is coming from a guy who would vote for Charlsten Heltson for president. I sold mine to a buddy, and luckily still get to shoot them on occasion.

2. The firearm is legit. Im the only person who has even shot it. Bought from a gunstore in the box.

3. #43 sgtstadanko, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
    If the choppers are at your spot it already to late. They don't search for grows In choppers. They use the little single engine planes to fly around and look for grows. Once found they mark the spot on gps and that is when the boys come pay u a visit. It's alot cheaper to run the small planes than the bigger choppers so be on the look out for small air planes that might be doing a few passes on your spot.

4. Ha! Hey sgtstdanko, they sure use choppers around here. The National gaurd AND the state police are out hunting grows. The state police come back on land with the sherrif and the NG just call the state police.'

Around here, the rippers use planes. Its not as bad as it used to be because plots are much smaller now days, but there are several guys around here that make their living in a piper cub hunting pot patches. One guy has paid for his little plane by locating patches grown by others.

5. Cops in copters, rippers in planes, midgets riding hawks, and the all so infamous pig with wings.

Must be getting pretty crowed up there, I hope enough sunshine gets through for my babies...

I hear these reports about 4 and 5 thousand plant seizers over public land, I still believe that an informant or neighbor, or random hiker called the cops and reported these grows, then they eye in the ski swoops in to find it, after they know of a general area to look.

Again, I am not sitting on a 27 million dollar grow, and I am not on public land where a hiker or nature lover might stumble into my patch. I wanna know why we lose so much sleep over this when people are 100 times more likely to be caught numerous other ways.

I did a search for my county and surrounding counties and found one report of cops last year finding 4500 ditchweed plants and no arrest along a rural river, I would post, but its a little close to home..

I find it a lot more risky to be putting plants on other peoples property and they stumble across your plot and get real pissed that its on there property, and they call the cops, dosent that sound a lot more probable than a helicopter, again I know that a lot of people have no other option as they dont have acrege like I do.

I wish I could do the math, say 1 helicopter my county owns is dedicated to marijuana eradication, the county is roughly 600 square miles, my plants are in the ground 4 to 5 months, 2 of those being peak spotting times. I would imagine its an OH bubble type helicopter that can fit 2 cops, 1 of those being the piolet. so the other is the spotter and he has 2 eyeballs and one set of binoculars. then divide by the fact that I have lived in this town for a very long time,30 plus years, I grew up 5 miles from here and have never in my life seen A helicopter searching for pot around here and you get some pretty good odds in your favor.

The only reason I have to decided to break this law, and its the only one I break, is because it is a victimless crime, know on gets hurt. I think putting plants on other peoples property is just asking for trouble, because then you are bringing someone into the equation that has motivation to call the police.

I want to make sure that everyone knows that I am not belittling all of our gurrilla growers, I just find it more likely that a property owner would turn you in than a random fly over by a helicopter.

I did the gurrilla grow for a few years in college a long time ago, and had afew close calls, all with property owners, luckily im a pretty slick talker and an even faster runner:D, after moving the operation to my own land, I have had zero close calls, I have 4 camo game cameras watching my babies, and I simply replace the SD cards once every 2 weeks, just to make sure nobody is snooping around. If I did see someone on the camera, It would only be two people, both neigbors that I am in very good terms with, the whole crop gets chopped and burned with no hesitation.

Helicopters seem like my only risk, and I cant control them, only educate myself on the true risk associated with them

6. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. You can believe whatever u want Logy, but they search with choppers and planes I've seen the dea chopper b4. 100 choppers sounds like its not a lot but if u say use the choppers for more suburb style looking u could get through major cities with 1-2 choppers in a few days. So 100 choppers could easily go around during the last 1-2 months of growing and find a shit ton of plants. Plus they can also seize actually police choppers for use because they are dea .

7. "The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."

Funny, thats what my sunday school teacher used say back in the day...;)

If you think the dea is flying around looking for small residental grows, then I will gladly let you borrow my tin foil hat I made the other day..

Whats your address, ill mail it to you.

Its these stories that spread this fear, I have seen police helicopters shooting radar on the Hwys, I have seen helicopters searching for brush fires when its hot and dry. I have seen air med helos, I have never seen a DEA helicopter.

Whenever someone sees a helicopter and they are growing bud, they think its the DEA, The illegal alien thinks its INS, the guy poaching deer thinks its the Dept of wildlife, but 99.9% of the time it is just a plain old charter helicopter flying from point A to point B.

Throw in the fact that the states use these super inflated "marijuana eradication numbers" to increse their federal funding and you have the perfect "fear storm". <<< Did bush coin this one already??

8. It doesnt matter if the DEA only has 100 choppers.

The fucking DEA is the least likely to bust your small patch via aerial surveillance. The state police do that, or in some states the park rangers...which have federal power.

Logy man, i posted 10 diff articles talking about aerial busts, 3 of which were small patches 1 was even a 2 plant grow (the man in virginia found not guilty by a jury)

It happens, you can be a little jackass all you want and make me sound like i believe in aliens probing my ass at night, your just wrong tho.

Am i saying your little plants between your veggies are gunna get busted by the helicopters, NO! But it is more than possible and law enforcement uses helicopters to find marijuana all the time.

Either way it has not a bit of fucking relevance that the DEA only has 100 helicopters.

The state police/local PD/state rangers, those are the guys!

9. Shit freaks me out as well man. I live in MA where your caught with one plant your fucked. I live with my ma dukes n she doesnt mind me growing. But i live on the south shore near a military base and always have some type of chopper flying over head. Always freaks me out. But this is my secod year an they havent got me yet but i only have 4 plants so hopefully they wont find em. But like the OP said before hopefully Its small enough they wont notice or wont do anything about it

10. I almost forgot about the posse.

Around here, the local sheriff has commandeered the local flying club to help them with their air searches. Its a bunch of old Veteran pilots and "theyre gonna get those Alqueida bastards",(pot growers). It was in the paper about 3 years ago. The flying club gladly agreed to help stomp out that weed that is destroying our children and so many families. They were lined up on the front page with their chest all stuck out like a bunch of medal reciepients..

11. Such a joke man. Only if people knew what marijuana could actually do if it was sold and taxed the same way as alcohol

12. Where did you see me say I was ever worried about the DEA, look at the past post, The 100 choppers was my evidence that the other poster most likely did not see a DEA chopper. So oddly enough we both agree on that, im not sure that makes me a jack ass.:hello:

As far as 10 articles, they all talk about 4500 plant grow with few if ever any arrest, and I bet those fly overs were after an investigation following someone tipping of the cops to that general location.

My point on this thread again is that a very low percentage of people are caught by helicopter, 1 or 2 percent, yet they scare the shit out of us, me included. It seems from reading on these forms that half of the people convicted of cultivation was brought in by a helicopter fly over, that is why the police use them, to scare the shit out of us into not growing pot. They want us to believe that they search every square inch and that even if you put one or two in hidden in your garden, that they will stand out like a sore thumb and you will lose your house and kids.

I want to make all growers aware that the thing that gets you busted is usually your self, not someone else or some machine. Focus most of your attention on keeping your mouth shut, your car licensed and properly maintained, dont roll around with fresh nuggets and bags of fertilizer in your car. the difference between jail time and freedom can be as stupid as keeping a password lock on your cell phone, cops dont need a warrent to read your texts...

countrygrow If you believe that a much larger percent of growers are caught by these helicopters than by all means take the necessary precautions, put up camo nets, stick to small plots tucked in the woods, or better yet grow indoors. You can even drive around looking up through your open sunroof, but by doing those extra precautions, you are opening yourself to more risk. ie people seeing it from the ground, which is a huge problem if you are on someone elses property.

You seem to have a lot of knowledge on the subject and seem pretty sure I am totally in leftfield on this. Please contribute to this and let me know what percent of cultivation arrest come from helicopters and some creative ways to avoid detection from the air, with out increasing it from the ground. Believe me, I will give them a shot if it sounds good.

Also I never said anything about probing, not sure where that came up... Maybe thats gonna be the new way of detecting if your a grower or not

13. Good luck with your growing man, were just not gunna see eye to eye.

14. Agree to disagree, nothing wrong with that.

15. Logy- I completely understand your worry. Whether it does or doesnt happen too often for smaller grows, I would try to maintain the state of mind that you have now, which is that I will be okay and the chances are slim that I will be nailed. The reason I say that is because you cant do anything about it now and losing sleep will only increase anxiety. What you CAN DO though is make your best effort to cover any trail leading to it, 20 acres is big enough to scream guerilla and I would take a day to make a nice trail leading in from another direction, this is assuming they arent parked right in the backyard next to the shed lol. Also remember you have to be convicted by a jury anything introduced in court that creates doubt only helps you "beyond reasonable doubt"... So don't laugh at this, and think about it from that perspective, I would type up a note and put it in a very visible waterproof bag and hang it in the garden explaining from the point of view of the grower to the land owner (you) making up a story about how they are using your land because they need some extra cash to pay for a home going into forclosure, or tuition assistance, whatever, and that if you (the land owner) happen to stumble accross the garden to please not call the police and just cut it down or simply asking to leave a note in reply and that the both of you could possibly speak... and obviously dont use your own printer or paper or touch it with your hands, I'd also wipe down anything you have out there and hide any growing equipment bc they will obviously obtain a warrent once spotted. You do all this and not only does the jury have to say hey he didnt have any equipment, his prints werent on anything, there was a note explaining an outside grower, and a trail from the other end of his property... thats beyond reasonable doubt. But here is the clincher... wipe down those cameras, delete old pics and Put on a wig everytime you enter the garden and catch yourself on those cameras... Pictures speak a thousand words... and you walk my friend. I just hope you paid everything in cash. Best of luck to you.

16. oh and hide the shoes you wear into the garden with the rest of the equipment, and i'd just wear a white t shirt and jeans.. everyone has white t shirts and jeans so them laying around wont matter.

17. Thats some good info right there!

18. cram, That is a great idea, just because it would work. I have a letter from my father in law, who just beat cancer, saying I gave him some thc infused vegetable oil cause he had throat cancer and is taking marinol. I also made sure to tell my doctor that I smoke pot to counter act the adderal, he prescribes me it. I have been on it for almost a decade, that is the god honest truth too, adderal is a stimulant and pot puts me to sleep, I dont smoke during the daylight hours, weird rule I have. I have a party on daylight savings, cause I can smoke an hour earlier

The game cameras have a 1 min delay, so there is no pics of me on the SD cards, but pics of me in a wig and mask would add reasonable dout in any jurors mind, maybe have one of my cameras as a decoy with the pics of me in a mask and wig

AS far as the shoes go, I generally walk barefoot up to my plot, as to reduce visible trails. Its insane how well that works for trails and chiggers. unfortunitly I have had a perminant case of poison Ivy between my toes all summer long.

You my friend are a clever grower, you should be a defence attorney

I only go to the plot once evey two weeks, my watering is done by a 400 yard buried garden hose and sprinkler, which is spraypainted flat green.So any one who goes back there is pretty much breaking trail through waist deep prairie grass.

good post and great idea. this is how you beat conviction, not freaking out everytime you hear a helicopter

19. Drones...cool