Crazy Mushrooms

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by junkheadrev, Aug 2, 2012.

1. every time I go to my nearby woods I always find some crazy looking mushies. There are some huge ones too.. like bigger than my hand

2. ^^^ I'd say your name.. but I'm afraid I'd get an infraction ;):rolleyes::wave:

3. ps mushrooms are teh bomb

was going to do some shiitake logs this year, never got around to it. going to try some attempts at those and portobellos, maybe some buttons, in the future...i have grown some mushrooms before, pretty damn easy, hope those are just as easy

4. [quote name='"jimbobbybob"']ps mushrooms are teh bomb

was going to do some shiitake logs this year, never got around to it. going to try some attempts at those and portobellos, maybe some buttons, in the future...i have grown some mushrooms before, pretty damn easy, hope those are just as easy[/quote]

Yeah I just ordered an oyster mushroom kit, going to try my luck.

5. Very beautiful pictures you have there. I would have picked some of those and possibly taken some spore prints if possible.

Nice find :)

6. [quote name='"BerserkClerk"']Mushrooms and some orange juice, now that's bomb. Haha last time I ate them, I was trippin haha[/quote]

Yo, no one cares. We're talking about mushrooms with medicinal use, NOT psychedelic use. Don't get this thread closed. Learn the rules.

7. #28 junkheadrev, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2012
    Went back and picked the ones that didn't look too good.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. those bad boys are HUGE

9. The texture of mushrooms has never bothered me. I like them with steak.

10. Found some new babies (3) popping up from the other side of the same tree.
    Will try n get pics tomorrow

11. There's alot of puffball mushrooms growing in the woods near me. I just haven't gone out and picked some yet, but I've been wanting to! Apparently they're edible too.

[​IMG]

12. yes puff balls are definitely edible.. and definitely delicious

13. #34 docleary, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014

what, foragers shouldn't be able to eat that which others wouldn't look twice at?

i've been going out and finding some pretty crazy mushrooms.

some dryad's saddle (very tasty, but catch 'em while they're small as the larger ones are tough):

[​IMG]

and piles and piles of chaga:

[​IMG]

14. so what do these mushrooms do?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. The red and white is an Amanita Muscaria. It's poisonous if eaten in the state you found it in.

However, if you were to dry out the caps, the iboniec(sp) acid will convert to muscimol(sp), which is psychoactive. It's very similar to DXM if you've ever tried it except you sweat/spit a TON and have superhuman strength and endurance. seriously I could run a marathon on these until my body gave out.

Anyways yeah, Amanita Muscaria, here's a painting I did of one: ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404764903.710576.jpg

16. here's some chanterelles that i found last night:

[​IMG]

17. Do not eat it! It will destroy your kidneys.. And yeah, you dont realize that before your kidneys are totally end. Even few times enough.. Not very wise thoughts man..

After you have "cleaned" it or take out what you want, even you think that there are no longer any poison, you are totally wrong. Flies fungus is one of the most toxic mushrooms in the whole planet. Even animals doesnt eat it, because they die. No matter how big animal..

Just saying...  :cool:

18. By "Flies Fungus" do you mean the Fly Agaric?

Anyways no they can be safely prepared, they have been eaten for thousands of years. I'm sorry but you are wrong about how dangerous these are. They can be dangerous, but with a tiny bit of common sense they can be eaten safely.

Historical use dates back to 5000BCE:
    https://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/amanitas_history1.shtml

And here is proof they can be prepared safely:
    http://www.shroomery.org/8671/Preparation-of-Amanita-muscaria

19. Actually I mean this one.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria 

...They all looks like same..  :smoking: