Job is making me depressed

Discussion in 'General' started by Eldar220, Aug 1, 2012.

1. [quote name='"4ganja2green0"']learn how to screen print... one of my boys pays his printer 100k a year just to put stupid shit on shits![/quote]

Oh yeah? My mom's a screen printer at one of the biggest companies in my area and they pay her like 22k. Idk where you're at, but here, as I would assume everywhere, you don't make that kind of money.

2. bro, you're making YOURSELF depressed. Not your job, your style, or appearance. It is the simple desicion between light and dark. Choose the upper path man, be open to things and live in the moment. You'll go far if you find the light within......

3. oh yeah? does your mother own the screen printing company? how many workers work for that company? my friend owns a sports apparel company and pays around that much for screen printing alone! thats excluding vinyl and embroidery!

4. You need to find something outside of work that gives you spark back into your existance. Mine was weed and my cat, before I quit my shit hole job. Im going to be going to college soon but I'll be getting a loan so I dont have to wait several years to start while having to work at a shitty retail or restaurant jobs in the mean time.

5. Good to know i'm not the only depressed at the fact of having to work a fucking job.
    Spending almost a majority of your life working a job you really could care less for. only when you're old and handicapped is when you're allowed to do shit.

6. i promise u youll be more depressed with out a job.

7. suck it up and be happy you have a job

8. [quote name='"4ganja2green0"']

oh yeah? does your mother own the screen printing company? how many workers work for that company? my friend owns a sports apparel company and pays around that much for screen printing alone! thats excluding vinyl and embroidery![/quote]

Just because your one friend who owns the company pays some of his employees that much doesn't make it the norm. I was just pointing out that whole situation is nowhere near the norm and not to expect that much from a screen printing job.

9. im not even gonna start to argue with you... apparently you dont know how to read! my friend doesnt own the screen printing business. he pays a company that much to do it. i was simply telling op to learn the trade do his own thing if he is any bit artistic its pretty easy to do! and your mom only makes 22k a year to screen print she is doing something WRONG so stop acting like you know everything about it and telling me 22k is the "norm" because it is not!

10. [quote name='"4ganja2green0"']im not even gonna start to argue with you... apparently you dont know how to read! my friend doesnt own the screen printing business. he pays a company that much to do it. i was simply telling op to learn the trade do his own thing if he is any bit artistic its pretty easy to do! and your mom only makes 22k a year to screen print she is doing something WRONG![/quote]

http://www.indeed.com/salary/Screen-Printer.html
    The average is around 35,000. So...yeah.

11. I was in a similar situation. Then my girl left me. Keep pushing man it will get better. Learn to enjoy the small things and life will come easier

12. PT.jpg

2JB.jpg

forgot to put the want...eh likkle toasty righ nao

13. masturbate on the inside of the clothes and leave dry cum stains...no one will know its you and you can get revenge on all of the shoppers...

14. Keep the job you're at now, and look for a new one at the same time. also as you do this, you can start selling on etsy. Ebay is good too.

Selling things online is a good way to make income, but shouldnt be your only source until you get more customers.

also the best way to get another job, one that you can stand is to have a friend that works for a company try to get you in with a recommendation.

It'll work out, everyone feels that way about atleast one job they've had. I know I felt the same way a while ago at my old job.

15. You ever had someone whine and bitch about something so trivial it makes your head hurt? Thats what your doing to me right now. You want money? You got to work for it, you can't get paid to complain. Buck up and act like a grown ass man for gods sake, your life ain't that fucking bad. I've been working since I was 15, I have had to pay for everything in my life, from clothes and school supplies when I was young, to my vehicle, insurance, phone bill, everything. I bought my home at 18 with my hard earned money for fucks sake, no one supports me but me. I pay every bill, earn every dollar, and do it without whining, and ya know what, that's normal. Welcome to the real world dude, its not gonna get any easier, so instead of being a glutton for sympathy, grow up and handle your responsibilities like an adult

16. It is normal, so why are you acting like you're special?

17. Is it normal to not like your job? Definitely

Is it normal to let your attitude turn you into a depressed, over sensitive introvert? Definitely not.

My point is that I'm NOT special. I get up everyday and deal with a bullshit job, shitty pay for hard work, and irritating people. It's a part of life, learn to live with it. Get over your issues and realize these problems dont matter. I have worked retail, construction, customer service, graveyard and everything inbetween. Never once did I treat it like it was unbareable and so depressing I couldnt shake a bad attitude.

You must really think your special, because most everyone works for money to survive and not for enjoyment. It's normal to not want to get up and work, but the severity of the OP's depression over a necessity is not normal.

18. Explain your situation to your boss. See if they have any pull to get you more hours. Otherwise, it really won't be worth your time if you can't afford rent or anything aside from food.

19. I've tried that. It's just a shitty company to work for. They're constantly hiring new people to make up for other people leaving and they give the new people more hours to get them adjusted to working there. It's horseshit.

This all being said, I can't really explain why it gets me so down and I'm going to start looking for a therapist because this obviously isn't normal. I really didn't even make the connection to it being that bad, so I mean, I know it probably wasn't anyone's intentions when you were responding negatively with this but it made me realize this. So thank you anyway. haha

At least I'm under my dad's insurance and can actually get a therapist now. I've been trying to look at things a bit more positively and I actually found a place that needs full time help now and this kid I know who works there said he'd vouch for me.

I'm just stressed about losing my home. I've had a couple good friends offer to let me stay at their place in Boston if anything happens because it'd be easier to find a job there (according to them at least) and they'd give me time to get money together and find my own apartment. I don't know, having some options is making this all a bit easier to handle.